The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (6/5/16) - Directed Writing and Composition

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBirder
In the afternoon slot tomorrow (starting at 2).

Thanks:smile: because my program says that it starts in the morning. What paper are you gonna take? is it paper 31 , 32 or 33?
In the afternoon slot tomorrow (starting at 2).

Oh ok:smile: mine is in the morning. Which paper are you taking, paper 31 , paper 32 or paper 33?
Original post by Star29081999
Thanks:smile: because my program says that it starts in the morning. What paper are you gonna take? is it paper 31 , 32 or 33?

I'm doing paper 31.
I'm doing paper 31.

I'm also gonna do paper 31. From which country are you taking the exam? Because isn't it weird that we are both gonna have the same paper but at different times?
Reply 24
If you are asked to respond to an article, are you allowed to quote from the article in reply to it?
I'm also gonna do paper 31. From which country are you taking the exam? Because isn't it weird that we are both gonna have the same paper but at different times?

I'm currently on Central European Summer Time (GMT +2)
I'm currently on Central European Summer Time (GMT +2)

Ok, thanks:smile:
Guys, is anyone taking the IGCSE English Cambridge Paper 31 Exam in the morning?
I think it just depends on what the key time is in your time zone.
Reply 29
does anyone have any tips for preparing for the composition part of the exam? i've just been going through past papers so is there anything else i can do to prepare?
Original post by Tunvii
does anyone have any tips for preparing for the composition part of the exam? i've just been going through past papers so is there anything else i can do to prepare?

I think there's nothing really to do. Perhaps you can learn some interesting vocab that you have already used in previous compositions. Make sure that you know how to separate paragraphs, use range of sentences (complex, simple) and range of punctuation. Good Luck! What time is your exam and what paper are you gonna take? (paper 31, paper 32 or paper 33?)
Reply 31
I think there's nothing really to do. Perhaps you can learn some interesting vocab that you have already used in previous compositions. Make sure that you know how to separate paragraphs, use range of sentences (complex, simple) and range of punctuation. Good Luck! What time is your exam and what paper are you gonna take? (paper 31, paper 32 or paper 33?)

Im doing paper 31 and my exam is at 1:30pm
ahh really nervous for tomorrow since paper 2 went really badly :/
Original post by Tunvii
Im doing paper 31 and my exam is at 1:30pm

good luck! all the best
Original post by ivy_entoile
ahh really nervous for tomorrow since paper 2 went really badly :/

I guess your paper 2 was the one with the Honey Hotel and Bees. Everyone found it quite challenging. Questions 1 and 3 were easy for me, but question 2 was quite difficult. I hope tomorrow's paper will be better. What time is your exam and which paper are you gonna take?
I guess your paper 2 was the one with the Honey Hotel and Bees. Everyone found it quite challenging. Questions 1 and 3 were easy for me, but question 2 was quite difficult. I hope tomorrow's paper will be better. What time is your exam and which paper are you gonna take?

nah its not that I found it challenging, I just felt so pressured to do well and handled it badly- I actually found it easier than any of the past papers so the grade boundaries probably will be high.
I'm doing paper 31 at 1:30, u?
Original post by ivy_entoile
nah its not that I found it challenging, I just felt so pressured to do well and handled it badly- I actually found it easier than any of the past papers so the grade boundaries probably will be high.
I'm doing paper 31 at 1:30, u?

Never mind, such things happen. It's normal. Good luck and all the best for tomorrow's exam. Just don't panic, and you'll be fine. I'm also gonna take paper 31
Original post by Tunvii

As I posted earlier in the thread, I have already planned out the composition that I'm going to write. I just plan to adjust it to fit the title.
And if I can't use my story at all, I have a couple of other story plans that I have written, and I have a few key characters characterised so I can just chuck a well characterised character (even though I do say so myself) into any story (or description for that matter) that I want.
And if the worst comes to the worst, I read a lot of science fiction so I could throw a science fiction story together with a few key ideas that I've got written up.
Never mind, such things happen. It's normal. Good luck and all the best for tomorrow's exam. Just don't panic, and you'll be fine. I'm also gonna take paper 31

Thank you. You too, good luck! :crossedf:
How did people find that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending