The Student Room Group

David Cameron: Donald Trump deserves respect

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
Muslim here. Would never vote for Trump but i would go to mars before i ever even considered voting for a corrupt woman like Hillary.

absolutely agree. she is too fake and double sided.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
I really don't get all the hate towards Trump, I get that he's a buffoon, but his advisers aren't. If I was american I'd rather have a buffoon with great advisers than a corrupt liar who flips on issues to get more voters.
Then again I'd rather have Sanders than either of them
Looks like he was pushed to say it based on yesterday's news. Cameron may not like Trump's proposal to ban Muslims from entering the US, but he has to be nice to the potential US president if he doesn't want to risk a diplomatic nightmare.
"Donald Trump deserves respect"

...No he doesn't.
Original post by Kyou
Of course that's respectable. For anyone, let alone a businessman who has solely funded his own campaign, to make it through the primary is commendable.

It's okay to dislike Trump, but there's a difference between dislike and blind hatred. Also, if it is Hilary vs Trump, would you choose the compulsive lying psychopath?

Nah, I'd rather Trump.

How could you possibly prefer Trump? You would prefer a disgusting racist and sexist be president? Certainly Hilary is problematic but Bernie isn't down and out just yet, and if it's between that bigot and Hilary, I know what my choice would be.
Original post by Kyou
Of course that's respectable. For anyone, let alone a businessman who has solely funded his own campaign, to make it through the primary is commendable.

It's okay to dislike Trump, but there's a difference between dislike and blind hatred. Also, if it is Hilary vs Trump, would you choose the compulsive lying psychopath?

Nah, I'd rather Trump.

Nothing blind about the hatred of Trump, he is quite simply one of the worst human beings to cause affront to this Earth. The gene pool is dirtier for his being in it.

He is a bad person.

And as far from what you want in a leader of the free world as you can get. Truly an astounding failure (for humanity) that he has got this far.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Nothing blind about the hatred of Trump, he is quite simply one of the worst human beings to cause affront to this Earth. The gene pool is dirtier for his being in it.

He is a bad person.

And as far from what you want in a leader of the free world as you can get. Truly an astounding failure (for humanity) that he has got this far.

No, I dislike Trump too. I think he has next to no redeeming personality traits. However, I said blind hatred. Hating him without having a reason for doing so.
Of course it's laughable how either of them are going to contest for president.
Original post by Kyou
No, I dislike Trump too. I think he has next to no redeeming personality traits. However, I said blind hatred. Hating him without having a reason for doing so.
Of course it's laughable how either of them are going to contest for president.

That's fair enough, hatred should always be informed hatred.

And we can agree that regardless of anything else, the US needs severe systemic reforms.
Original post by giveupbeth
How could you possibly prefer Trump? You would prefer a disgusting racist and sexist be president? Certainly Hilary is problematic but Bernie isn't down and out just yet, and if it's between that bigot and Hilary, I know what my choice would be.

Do some research on Hilary, and you'll find how what a corrupt, psychopathic and pathological liar she really is. I'm Muslim and yet I'd still prefer Trump over Hilary. She's lied, multiple times under oath. She's also had multiple private emails while serving as secretary of state (illegal), not to mention the downright inane and completely illegal stuff that she mentioned in her emails which were leaked.

Seriously, she's much more of a criminal than Trump is. At least Trump's upfront about his egotistical nature.
Original post by Kyou
Do some research on Hilary, and you'll find how what a corrupt, psychopathic and pathological liar she really is. I'm Muslim and yet I'd still prefer Trump over Hilary. She's lied, multiple times under oath. She's also had multiple private emails while serving as secretary of state (illegal), not to mention the downright inane and completely illegal stuff that she mentioned in her emails which were leaked.

Seriously, she's much more of a criminal than Trump is. At least Trump's upfront about his egotistical nature.

I've done my research, I know plenty about Hilary and her, shall we say, issues, but my viewpoint remains unchanged. Trump is a buffoon appealing to the lowest common denominator, and I for one would be horrified if he were to become president. I know that a lot of people unfortunately share your opinion- many Bernie voters will turn to Trump if Bernie fails to gain the nomination for the same reasons as you.
The truth is that the American voters will be stuck between a rock and a hard place should Hilary secure the nomination, but whenever the Republicans have taken power it has only led to horrible things. The progress that Obama has made over his last two terms would count for nothing were Trump to take the presidency. Think of the hindrance the Republicans have been during Obama's presidency- if they take the senate and the oval there will be no hope.
Reply 30
Original post by Kyou

Yeah whats all this hate from Hilary come from? I haven't been following much but a lot of ethnic people hate her...what has she done?
Trump is respectable? On what grounds? Hitler became leader of Germany, is Cameron going to calling him respectable on the grounds that donald's campaign has been successful in convincing the 'f***ing idiots' that are americans?

Cameron is just scared the lovely golf courses in scotland will go because Trump will pull his investment. Same with how he deals with russia. He's weak.
I agree that trump commands and deserves respect. However Cameron has no spine or backbone and goes with the flow. I admire how trump sticks to his guns and his ultra isolationist foreign policy putting America first. Damn everyone else. That is what a leader should do out interests of their country first
Original post by xxvine
Yeah whats all this hate from Hilary come from? I haven't been following much but a lot of ethnic people hate her...what has she done?

'ethnic people' doesn't seem the most appropriate term, just fyi. If your talking about non-whites, the generally accepted term I believe is POC (people of colour). To your original point though, she's clearly acting in a certain way because she thinks it will appeal to the immigrant vote, the black vote, etc, for example claiming she carries hot sauce in her bag, she also made some comments about obama back in 2008 that were problematic to say the least. She's playing a political game and it is turning some people against her. This is why there is such strong support for Bernie (particularly amongst the young), as he is consistent and not playing games.
Reply 34
'ethnic people' doesn't seem the most appropriate term, just fyi. If your talking about non-whites, the generally accepted term I believe is POC (people of colour). To your original point though, she's clearly acting in a certain way because she thinks it will appeal to the immigrant vote, the black vote, etc, for example claiming she carries hot sauce in her bag, she also made some comments about obama back in 2008 that were problematic to say the least. She's playing a political game and it is turning some people against her. This is why there is such strong support for Bernie (particularly amongst the young), as he is consistent and not playing games.

sorry that came across wrong...i am black myself so you know what i mean lol

i kinda see this blair thing thing with her though...
Original post by xxvine
sorry that came across wrong...i am black myself so you know what i mean lol

i kinda see this blair thing thing with her though...

No, of course- live and learn haha. I think they're both very divisive people tbh.
As many of the Americans I've spoken to the two contesting this election are both massive shits. America can't really win.
Reply 37
I do not think America is going to get any better leader any how. So yeah...

So you have "done your research" and come to the conclusion that contributing to the murder of US servicemen and embassy staff and thieving large sums of money from the state is a lesser crime than saying something which can be contorted by the media to sound like racism/sexism...etc.

Yeah....pretty problematic huh...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending