The Student Room Group

Annoying attitudes of SJWs towards Islam, Muslims and migrants

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, the SJW support for Islam utterly baffles me. Entirely logically inconsistent.
Reply 21
Original post by WBZ144
Annoying, right-wing, constant rants about Muslims which are too repetitive to read in their entirety because you already know what they contain, as well as the idiotic use of the meaningless abbreviation "SJW".

Even as a spineless lefty cuck, I'll admit his observations aren't wrong
Reply 22
Original post by Omen96
Why do left wingers want to ban trump but not radical Islamic extremists?

Better yet why did it take trump commenting on Muslims for left wingers to lose their ****? He could have said anything about any other group and in fact he did but they only acted when trump said something about Muslims? It just proves the companionship and love between the left wing movement and Islamic movement, they are the same thing.

Most likely because he was revealing an actual potential policy rather than just voicing an opinion...
Reply 23
Original post by Quantex
This isn't the 2000s. The Conservative government has been in power for 6 years now, during which time net migration has been higher than under Labour. I think it is about time those on the right stopped blaming the left for migrant numbers and started blaming the right.

The EU is the problem because of the open door freedom of movement. Over 90% of anti EU sentiment has come from the right while the left support their EU. It's clear the migration is the problem of the left as they show no effort to address the problem
Reply 24
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Yeah, the SJW support for Islam utterly baffles me. Entirely logically inconsistent.

The extremist movement and left wing movement have the same goals, it makes sense they are in bed together, it's just sad what the left have become
Reply 25
I think trump should ban muslims from America...coz then they would not blame muslims for what happens anymore in America atleast lol. Or maybe i am dreaming.

Also i think other countries should have their right to ban who ever they want and no other country should interfere. Especially in middle east and other parts of asia.
Reply 26
Original post by Plagioclase
You're blaming the left for the level of immigration we're seeing. This level of immigration has not only been sustained by a right-wing government but it has been increased. How on earth can you seriously claim it's an 'inconsequential' point? Are you going to pretend that the Tories have suddenly turned left-wing? Or maybe you've come up with some rationalisation to blame this Tory policy on the left?

Because no one on the left has been against it, the left have only supported it very heavily. If it were up to the left, Sweden would still have completely open boarders (which many of them support, including whoever organised this years Eurovision), and the UK would let in millions of migrants rather than a few thousand. I'm not denying that the right are culpable here, I'm just pointing out something about SJWs that is true.

EDIT: Also, what the hell are you talking about the Tories for? The British policy of only taking in a few thousand actual Syrian refugees, flown directly from the country, has been a great success.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by WBZ144
Annoying, right-wing, constant rants about Muslims which are too repetitive to read in their entirety because you already know what they contain, as well as the idiotic use of the meaningless abbreviation "SJW".

I'm also not right wing. I'm a pragmatic liberal centrist. Stop pretending that anyone who isn't an SJW is "right wing".
Reply 28
Original post by Quantex
I'm not really aware of a substantial number of those on the left arguing for millions of refugees to be let into the country. Or even one million for that matter. Can you cite some examples? I don't follow politics that heavily, but as I understand the current debate is around 3000 children.

Do you not remember the endless facebook and twitter posts from SJWs moaning that Europe wasn't doing enough to take in refugees? All the celebrities breaking their hearts over it? Or have you conveniently forgotten all that?
Original post by KingBradly
Do you not remember the endless facebook and twitter posts from SJWs moaning that Europe wasn't doing enough to take in refugees? All the celebrities breaking their hearts over it? Or have you conveniently forgotten all that?

So you're belittling the people who advocate for human rights towards migrants by implying that it's simply because they do so online...whilst you use the web term "SJW"...

Anyway I'm more often that not accused to be racist and islamaphobic because I'm not a very empathetic person to people who play victim. But when it comes to human rights I have follow common sense here. I have a strong feeling that many anti-migrant people are scaremongering only out of racism. Because their sentiments echo neo-Nazis.
Original post by 0to100
So you're belittling the people who advocate for human rights towards migrants by implying that it's simply because they do so online...whilst you use the web term "SJW"...

Anyway I'm more often that not accused to be racist and islamaphobic because I'm not a very empathetic person to people who play victim. But when it comes to human rights I have follow common sense here. I have a strong feeling that many anti-migrant people are scaremongering only out of racism. Because their sentiments echo neo-Nazis.

Go and champion Human rights in their societies then, the migrants largely don't care for it. There are too many of them and too few of us, it is simply not feasible for us to provide and enforce 'human rights' for all of them.

If the only civilization championing Human Rights gets swamped by people who don't care for the idea so much guess what happens, that's exactly what's happening now and that's what people are objecting to and it's what people like you don't seem to grasp. When we go, the concept goes with us.
Original post by Omen96
Why do left wingers want to ban trump but not radical Islamic extremists?

Better yet why did it take trump commenting on Muslims for left wingers to lose their ****? He could have said anything about any other group and in fact he did but they only acted when trump said something about Muslims? It just proves the companionship and love between the left wing movement and Islamic movement, they are the same thing.

This is the definition about how deluded people think left wing politics is.

Left wingers want to ban BOTH Trump and extremists of all religions and races, not just the former. Hatred in this world is just disgusting, neither should be let in. I'd campaign more for extremists to be banned over Trump due to the risk of terror that they pose and the potential for attacks like Brussels, Paris and those in the Middle East, compared to Trump who is just inciting the hate in people to try and fight against innocent people like Mexicans and muslims.

The 'love between the left wing movement and Islamic movement' is more of an acceptance thing. The left-wing is about accepting everyone on Earth as long as they do not hate or incite terror, including religious people, LGBT+ people and any culture. As for your next argument: Yes, there is a fine line in this when muslims do not desire to accept LGBT+ people, but there are sects of Islam which are becoming modernised and that is one of the better things that can be done to provide love around the world.

Recommend that you don't take your ideas on left-wing politics from tumblr tbh.
OP your observations are bang on the money as far as social justice warriors go but it's slightly unfair to paint the entire left in this way. There are left wing people who know full well how completely retarded it is to be bedfellows with Islamic extremists and to support mass immigration from certain places while claiming to support LGBT causes. "I support your cause.....by calling for millions of people who'd love to see you killed to be imported here." It's only really social justice warriors who believe that crap because social justice warriors are some of the stupidest and naive people on the planet. So it's not all of the left.

Having said that, can you imagine if Labour were in power during this migrant crisis? It would have been an unmitigated disaster. Even most people on the left would have to admit that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by 0to100

Uh, no. That's not why I'm belittling then.
Original post by 0to100

You "have a feeling"? Well that about sums up the solidity of your views then. And well done, you managed to not compare those you disagree with with the Nazis for an entire 3 sentences.

Original post by KimKallstrom
OP your observations are bang on the money as far as social justice warriors go but it's slightly unfair to paint the entire left in this way. There are left wing people who know full well how completely retarded it is to be bedfellows with Islamic extremists and to support mass immigration from certain places while claiming to support LGBT causes. "I support your cause.....by calling for millions of people who'd love to see you killed to be imported here." It's only really social justice warriors who believe that crap because social justice warriors are some of the stupidest and naive people on the planet. So it's not all of the left.

Having said that, can you imagine if Labour were in power during this migrant crisis? It would have been an unmitigated disaster. Even most people on the left would have to admit that.

I'm not criticizing the whole left, just the SJW section who think they're the whole left, and anyone who disgrees with them even slightly or points out their self-evident hypocrisies is le Nazirightwingnitjobracissmisogynissliterallyhitler, as we have seen on this very thread.
Because no one on the left has been against it, the left have only supported it very heavily. If it were up to the left, Sweden would still have completely open boarders (which many of them support, including whoever organised this years Eurovision), and the UK would let in millions of migrants rather than a few thousand. I'm not denying that the right are culpable here, I'm just pointing out something about SJWs that is true.

EDIT: Also, what the hell are you talking about the Tories for? The British policy of only taking in a few thousand actual Syrian refugees, flown directly from the country, has been a great success.

Nobody would have let "millions of migrants" in. You do realise there's an intermediate between letting a pitiful number of refugees in and having a massive free-for-all?
"I'm gonna criticize stuff I haven't even read because I just want everyone to hear how right-on I am"

Once again you're demonstrating your limited capacity to discuss formally. Quit it with the migrant hate spam, our problems are not caused by a group of people who have just entered the country.
Original post by Craig1998

The 'love between the left wing movement and Islamic movement' is more of an acceptance thing. The left-wing is about accepting everyone on Earth as long as they do not hate or incite terror, including religious people, LGBT+ people and any culture. As for your next argument: Yes, there is a fine line in this when muslims do not desire to accept LGBT+ people, but there are sects of Islam which are becoming modernised and that is one of the better things that can be done to provide love around the world.

It's not just the queers, Muslims hate Christians, Whites, Jews, Blacks, secularism, the West... The only reason Muslims vote for Labour is for the benefits, in most other areas they have pretty traditional views and hate modern Western culture.

The left is playing a dangerous game supporting them, we're already seeing the danger signs with the Jew hating from Labour, wait a few more decades until it's a completely Islamic party (which it will become once all the traditional Labour voters are dead)
Original post by Smoke Rings
It's not just the queers, Muslims hate Christians, Whites, Jews, Blacks, secularism, the West... The only reason Muslims vote for Labour is for the benefits, in most other areas they have pretty traditional views and hate modern Western culture.

Whats your source for this?

The left is playing a dangerous game supporting them, we're already seeing the danger signs with the Jew hating from Labour, wait a few more decades until it's a completely Islamic party (which it will become once all the traditional Labour voters are dead)

Isn't Ed Miliband's family Jewish?
Original post by Craig1998
Isn't Ed Miliband's family Jewish?

Yes, it's partly why Labour flopped in the general election

Delusional af , there are hundreds of millions of black Muslims and the labour party becoming completely Islamic? I actually pity you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending