The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

MSc Physiotherapy University of Birmingham 16/17

Hi! I've just been offered a MSc Physio place at Birmingham! has anyone else?
It's my first choice so very excited!

I'm currently studying Sport and Exercise Science at UoB :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Dani23
Hi! I've just been offered a MSc Physio place at Birmingham! has anyone else?
It's my first choice so very excited!

I'm currently studying Sport and Exercise Science at UoB :smile:

Hi!

I was offered a place last week!... couldn't believe how quickly they got back with an offer so soon after interviews. It's my first choice too, can't wait to get started.
I'm currently at Leeds university studying Medical Sciences.

:-)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by Jacquih
Hi!

I was offered a place last week!... couldn't believe how quickly they got back with an offer so soon after interviews. It's my first choice too, can't wait to get started.
I'm currently at Leeds university studying Medical Sciences.

:-)

Hello! Congratulations on your offer! Yeah it was so quick!
Is yours for a funded place too? I've heard they have added a few non funded places!
Have you applied for accommodation?

Dani

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Dani23
Hello! Congratulations on your offer! Yeah it was so quick!
Is yours for a funded place too? I've heard they have added a few non funded places!
Have you applied for accommodation?

Dani

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh it's a funded place - takes a bit of the stress off affording life! I haven't applied for accommodation yet but I think I'll probably just go for a post-grad halls of residence to make it easy? What about you?

Has your status on the Birmingham application portal changed yet? I've been told that there are some delays in updating it, but I've been checking back every day and nothing seems to change - I want to be able to accept the offer for peace of mind!

Jacqui
Reply 4
Original post by Jacquih
Yeh it's a funded place - takes a bit of the stress off affording life! I haven't applied for accommodation yet but I think I'll probably just go for a post-grad halls of residence to make it easy? What about you?

Has your status on the Birmingham application portal changed yet? I've been told that there are some delays in updating it, but I've been checking back every day and nothing seems to change - I want to be able to accept the offer for peace of mind!

Jacqui

Ah yay well done! it certainly does :smile:

I've applied for postgrad halls to, I applied for Jarratt as my 1st and 2nd choice (perfect location!) and then some prichards as my 3rd to 6th! anywhere on the vale is basically all undergrads and too expensive for me!

no it hasn't changed yet, I keep emailing her and she said the same too me, that they're busy and delayed! makes me nervous haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Oh god, you've applied already!? I haven't even looked.... I tried to log in to apply but my student ID number didn't work? Is that what you have to do to apply?
Reply 6
Original post by Jacquih
Oh god, you've applied already!? I haven't even looked.... I tried to log in to apply but my student ID number didn't work? Is that what you have to do to apply?

yeah I used that, maybe give them a ring?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
back up plan - we find a few more people and sort a house in selly oak, much cheaper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
would renting a house be something you were interested in rather than uni accommodation?

I'm in a group chat on Facebook I could add you too, discussing housing with some other UoB students who are starting a non-physio masters :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi guys!

I've accepted an offer from Birmingham too :smile: I will be commuting from Leicester so I won't be looking to house share but I thought maybe we could start a Facebook group for anyone starting with us in September?
Reply 10
Original post by Alexb91
Hi guys!

I've accepted an offer from Birmingham too :smile: I will be commuting from Leicester so I won't be looking to house share but I thought maybe we could start a Facebook group for anyone starting with us in September?

Hey Alex, yay! exciting :smile:
yeah great idea :smile: do you want to start it? if so post the link and I'll join!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexb91
Hi guys!

Original post by Dani23
would renting a house be something you were interested in rather than uni accommodation?

I'm in a group chat on Facebook I could add you too, discussing housing with some other UoB students who are starting a non-physio masters :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys! I've accepted my unconditional offer to study Literature and Culture in September - exciting!

Did you make a FB group or group chat for people attending next year/looking for accommodation in the end? I want to rent privately so I thought here might be a good place to look for post-grad housemates. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Banana_Llama
Hey guys! I've accepted my unconditional offer to study Literature and Culture in September - exciting!

Did you make a FB group or group chat for people attending next year/looking for accommodation in the end? I want to rent privately so I thought here might be a good place to look for post-grad housemates. :smile:

not that I'm aware of! me and one of my friends are still looking for people to rent with, and I asked UoB to send an email to other MSc physios and they said they would when everyone's accepted so hopefully we'll have something sorted soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dani23
not that I'm aware of! me and one of my friends are still looking for people to rent with, and I asked UoB to send an email to other MSc physios and they said they would when everyone's accepted so hopefully we'll have something sorted soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi guys, I am still waiting to hear from UoB.... Do you know if the majority of placements will be on campus ( the hospital is there...)? I have already asked them, but I forgot what they exactly told me.
Reply 14
Original post by Elisa-Betta
Hi guys, I am still waiting to hear from UoB.... Do you know if the majority of placements will be on campus ( the hospital is there...)? I have already asked them, but I forgot what they exactly told me.

Hi :smile: yeah placements at the QE hospital are very close to campus, but there are lots of placements not on campus! most are in Birmingham but it's obvs quite big but public transport here is good :smile: I think the furthest away is Shrewsbury in one direction and prob a similar distance in the other direction!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I'm wondering what classification you achieved and what the offer was, if it was conditional? I'm hoping to apply in October :smile: thanks!
Reply 16
Original post by MrBean1994
Hey guys, I'm wondering what classification you achieved and what the offer was, if it was conditional? I'm hoping to apply in October :smile: thanks!

I got 73 in 2nd year and they offered me a 2:1, think that's pretty standard for them :smile: Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Facebook group for those accepted onto MSc physio at university of Birmingham https://www.facebook.com/groups/1204385956239376/ :smile: x
Reply 18
Hi I'm looking to start September, I'm on the waiting list for funding but if nothing comes about I'm going to self fund so I'll be there either way lol. :smile:
Reply 19
Hey everyone! I was planning on taking up a place for post grad physiotherapy at Birmingham but decided to do the Physicians associate course instead. However i bought the 5th edition of trail guide to the human body in advance (it was recommended to me by a few physiotherapists) As i don't need it i am selling it cheap on ebay. Happy to drop off at Coventry or Birmingham University

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trail-Guide-to-the-Body-How-to-Locate-Muscles-Bones-and-More-5th-edition-/272334610183?hash=item3f68685f07:g:4TQAAOSwZVlXqJBQ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending