The Student Room Group

NHS Scientist Training Programme 2016 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nightwing_
Just in case anyone was interested it had said interview complete since a couple of days ago. I had checked Oriel not long ago and it said the same. I then got an email saying interview unsuccessful, so I would say it's probably not worth refreshing oriel, the email will come through at the same time, may as well wait for that :smile:

Good luck to any cardiac scientists still in the running!!

I am sorry.. Mine is still interview complete for clinical engineering. What I don't understand is how it changes from complete to unsuccessful. Complete means we met the minimum and unsuccessful the opposite. How can we meet the minimum two days ago and not now.. Weird
Original post by <Ryan>
I don't understand that either. Maybe they have more criteria for making it onto the reserve list. I thought I read somewhere that they retain the same number of reserve applicants as there are places, but that might just have been for the interviews.

Hmmm, yeah, It's three times as many for interviews as there are places, so maybe they're dropping it down to one per place plus one reserve per place. Who knows? :s
Interview unsuccessful for clinical bioinformatics, but I'm hoping for med phys
Original post by DuckyMinotaur

I'm sorry to hear that, can i ask what clinical bioinformatics stream you applied for? All the best for Medical Physics
Original post by Bex0295
I'm sorry to hear that, can i ask what clinical bioinformatics stream you applied for? All the best for Medical Physics

Physical, considering I barely know how to code I'm happy with how far I got on it :smile:
Original post by jade27
Mine's changed to interview complete this morning :smile:

Well done! Hopefully they don't keep us waiting too long for the actual results 😁
Physical, considering I barely know how to code I'm happy with how far I got on it :smile:

A massive achievement, I'm similar but for clinical bioinf (genomics)... to be honest, I was just happy to be offered an interview! it being my first time applying and straight out of uni. No change so far, but will just have to keep fingers crossed.

Also, I haven't yet got an email about it :s-smilie:
Just got : Interview unsuccessful for clinical bioinformatics. :/ . So in the end what does it mean ? I have a lower score than 2 or they are putting higher pass mark and filtering candidates ?
Original post by Techguy379
Just got : Interview unsuccessful for clinical bioinformatics. :/ . So in the end what does it mean ? I have a lower score than 2 or they are putting higher pass mark and filtering candidates ?

I reckon, but could be wrong, they first released interview complete/unsuccessful to let you know if you had met the minimum requirement to pass the interview (as in lower than 2). I reckon that now they are letting the people know who won't be making it onto the reserve list either, so maybe the bottom third of candidates. So you could have passed each station ok and be let know that your interview is complete but then your score wasn't high enough to make the offers/reserve list, so it has now changed to interview unsuccessful :frown:
Thanks for the response , Night. I will ask them directly to be sure. Will write back here if I have an answer.
Has anyone got any offers yet??
Original post by Techguy379
Thanks for the response , Night. I will ask them directly to be sure. Will write back here if I have an answer.

Probably better to just wait it out now! I don't know if the same people are sorting everything out as answering equiries but I imagine if it is it'll slow down the process if everyone is asking questions about the bits of info we've received so far.
It's strange that they've updated cardiac science already which was the last week of interviews, I am wondering if they're just random now and not in the order that the interviews took place
Reply 1314
Has anyone heard back for Immunology by any chance? It was one of the first interviews (second day). x
Original post by Steelowl93
Probably better to just wait it out now! I don't know if the same people are sorting everything out as answering equiries but I imagine if it is it'll slow down the process if everyone is asking questions about the bits of info we've received so far.

I'd be very surprised if that was the case to be honest, it's not like someone would be working of getting results out and just stop to answer a random email.
Reply 1316
Interview unsuccessful for cardiac science :frown:

Sorry to hear! Hope you hear some good news re. genomics. It's not over until it's over:smile:
I'd be very surprised if that was the case to be honest, it's not like someone would be working of getting results out and just stop to answer a random email.

Maybe the case, I was just speculating. Depends how big the department is really - that's how things are in my job, but we're very small so everyone has to do a bit of everything.
Reply 1318
Original post by joycejoy
I am sorry.. Mine is still interview complete for clinical engineering. What I don't understand is how it changes from complete to unsuccessful. Complete means we met the minimum and unsuccessful the opposite. How can we meet the minimum two days ago and not now.. Weird

Hey, I also applied for the clinical engineering. When was your interview?
Original post by nymv
Sorry to hear! Hope you hear some good news re. genomics. It's not over until it's over:smile:

Yeah hope so, both interview days felt like they went roughly similar though, so not really holding out too much hope, but you're right, it's not over just yet - hopefully all the genomics candidates are crap :tongue:!!!

Quick Reply

Latest