The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midlander
Yes having more money to spend than the rest of the league had nothing to do with it. £16m in parachute money alone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So? Doesn't change the fact they've used it wisely.

They've lost once since mid-December.
Original post by Mackay
So? Doesn't change the fact they've used it wisely.

They've lost once since mid-December.

It is like congratulating Garry Kasparov on winning the Dog and Duck chess tournament. Just as Wolves showed a few years ago, it takes some doing not to go up with such an obscene advantage.

Also note they are making crowds of just over 10k, a terrible showing considering the form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How does one cope, when you cant go and watch your team play. Im happy with the results for Bradford but I miss the atmosphere. Im looking back on Youtube videos and miss it sooooo much.

How can you cope. The videos make me feel nostalgic
A good guide to who could face who - and who WILL face who - in the play-offs: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/03/sheffield-wednesday-playoffs-championship
Boro, Burton, Accrington & Bristol Rovers to go up tomorrow. Blackpool and Donny to complete their woefulness.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Boro, Burton, Accrington & Bristol Rovers to go up tomorrow. Blackpool and Donny to complete their woefulness.

Agree on all counts.

I hope Boro fail, though. I've nothing against them as a club - in fact, I hope they go up via the play-offs if they are unsuccessful tomorrow - but it would be great to see Brighton go up.
Whose gonna take the last League One play off spot, Barnsley or Scunthorpe?
Original post by Rock Fan
Whose gonna take the last League One play off spot, Barnsley or Scunthorpe?

Barnsley have a big ask going to the DW - but Wigan may be on their holidays now the title is sewn up.
Original post by Mackay
Barnsley have a big ask going to the DW - but Wigan may be on their holidays now the title is sewn up.

Both teams are in form it is tough to call, Sheff United have nothing to play for either.
Original post by Rock Fan
Both teams are in form it is tough to call, Sheff United have nothing to play for either.

Reckon Scunthorpe will do it, personally.

Millwall vs Bradford promise to be two great ties. Two huge fanbases, and teams bang in the middle of a good run.
The man with the best name in the football league, makes the bench for Leeds today; 17 year old, Ronaldo Vieira.
(edited 7 years ago)
Steve Evans gives an apparent last goodbye to Leeds fans, with tears rolling down his face. It's no secret that many, myself included, didn't want him after the sacking of Rosler, but credit where it's due he's done a fantastic job.

He's not perfect, but he's passionate and that's what this club needs. I just can't see us getting anywhere with X Italian coach who's just a puppet for Cellino's regime. Thought he would have learned his lesson after Redfearn, but no. Not confirmed yet but Steve Evans taking charge of Leeds' first game next season about Leicester's odds of winning the premier league at the start of the season.
Congratulations, Middlesbrough. Horrid tackle from Stephens.
Great to be back in the Premier League.

Always had a soft spot for Brighton so I hope they get up through the playoffs. They've acquired enough points to win the championship in many seasons.

I'll return to this thread a year from now.
Original post by The Wavefunction
The man with the best name in the football league, makes the bench for Leeds today; 17 year old, Ronaldo Vieira.

Guess he'll be more like Vieira than Ronaldo:wink:
Original post by shawn_o1
Guess he'll be more like Vieira than Ronaldo:wink:

I'll take either truth be told, not fussy:wink:
Congratulations to Middlesbrough and Burnley, tomorrow will be fun in League One.
I'd happily see Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday or Derby get promoted to the Premier League. I'm looking forward to the Play Offs.
Haven't posted in here since near the start of the season, but I'm popping up again. Well done to burnley and boro.

Cracking finish to the season for Brentford even with Judge's leg smashed by Luke Hyam. 7 wins in 9, 7 goals in 5 appearances for Scott Hogan after two years out injured - and from only two starts. I feel confident for next season now.
So, all eyes on League One today. Barnsley and Scunthorpe are contesting the final play-off spot, and Fleetwood/Blackpool are vying for survival.

Quick Reply

Latest