The Student Room Group

24 Too old to go to uni ?

Hi I'm going to Bangor in September to do biomedical science and can't find anyone else doing the course
Has this happened to anyone else ?!
X thanks X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jennarachel
Hi I'm going to Bangor in September to do biomedical science and can't find anyone else doing the course
X thanks X

In response to the question in your title, no, 24 is not old. There'll certainly be people who are a lot older. I don't know what you look like but you could get away with looking like a third/fourth year at that age, or even a first/second year if you're lucky!

I lived with someone who was 23 and in his first year, and he wasn't treated any different to the rest of us who were slightly younger. You'll be fine :h:
Reply 2
I bloody hope not...
Reply 3
Thank you lovely !!!!
Reply 4
Original post by PoolR
I bloody hope not...

Are you going to Bangor this year?? X
Reply 5
Are you going to Bangor this year?? X

Oh! Sorry, not Bangor, no. But university, yes.
Reply 6
What are you going to study and where :smile: x
Reply 7
I'll be 57 when I start in September in Social Work 1st year. Three of my children are 24 or over. My 18 year old is starting on the same day as me. So no 24 is a mere beginner I think.
This question keeps getting asked and it always gets the same answer. No.
Reply 9
Oh wow thanks for replying
X
I started biomedical science last Sept and I was 24 (turn 25 this month, eep!) but I've managed to pass as an 18-19 year old and it hasn't made any difference to me. I'm having a great time. :smile:
Reply 11
What uni are you at ??
Are you enjoying the course X
Reply 12
X thanks X

You will be fine!!
What uni are you at ??
Are you enjoying the course X

I'm at Greenwich and I'm having a great time! I was worried I'd struggle to make friends since I'm older (definitely one of the oldest on my course) but it was fine, and through societies I've met other (older) students. Loving the course too. ^_^
Reply 14
That's amazing !!!!
Keep in touch rachaelbee x x
Reply 15
What are you going to study and where :smile: x

Medicine, Manchester. Though I do know people about 35 or so who go to university or back to university. It's a cliché but it's really up to you. The most 'crazy' person in my halls first time around was 23 so :tongue:
Reply 16
I'll be 43 this year, so 24 is a mere baby lol. My 20 year old started last year and my 18 year old is starting this year as well.
Reply 17
So excited now !!!
Hahah good luck in September :smile: X
Reply 18
Original post by Lucie_J
I'll be 43 this year, so 24 is a mere baby lol. My 20 year old started last year and my 18 year old is starting this year as well.

What are you going to study lucie ?? Xx
Reply 19
X thanks X

Not at all! I'm coming up to 23 in my first year of uni, and I'm one of the youngest on my course! Never too late to go to uni, go when it's right for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending