The Student Room Group

Every liberal should be aware of the paradox of tolerance

"Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." -Karl Popper

It's important for us liberals to understand this. Valuing liberalism and being willing to defend it is essential if liberalism is to continue existing.
Lgbt love muslims even though muslim countries execute them lol
Reply 2
Original post by KingBradly
"Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." -Karl Popper

It's important for us liberals to understand this. Valuing liberalism and being willing to defend it is essential if liberalism is to continue existing.

Too clever for me to understand your argument, but I am trying very hard. I let you know if it comes.
Original post by brexitbiscuit

even pigs know wolves are dangerous for them
these humans are lower than pigs
Reply 4
Original post by brexitbiscuit

Original post by patrickstarfish
even pigs know wolves are dangerous for them
these humans are lower than pigs

Not all LGBT think this way, it's just the people in charge of their societies and charity groups. Just look at Milo Yiannopolous or Douglas Murray. Also (anecdotal I know) but I do know some LGBT people who have logically consistent views of Islam and Muslims.

I do agree with this statement. However, at what point is something considered 'intolerance'?
Reply 6
Original post by Aceadria
I do agree with this statement. However, at what point is something considered 'intolerance'?

I'd say intolerance to liberalism itself.
Reply 7

Rep based KB on sight crew.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending