The Student Room Group

Sadiq Khan looks set to be UK's most powerful Muslim

Scroll to see replies

I don't even like Khan that much (especially after he whipped through 42 day detention without trial). However, it's so good to see goldsmith lose.
Not because he's a Tory, but because he's run the most disgusting, divisive campaign I've ever seen and played on religious tensions in a way that would make George Galloway jealous.

Was very pleased to see numerous Tories come out and condemn him for this.
Reply 61
Original post by Fullofsurprises
London count is ticking along and right now the figures look like this:

First round%

Lab Sadiq Khan 44.0%
Con Zac Goldsmith 35.0%
Green Sian Berry 6.0%
Lib Dem Caroline Pidgeon 4.0%
UKIP Peter Whittle 4.0%
Women Sophie Walker 2.0%
Respect George Galloway 1.0%
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2016/may/05/uk-election-results-tracker-2016

It looks like London has decisively rejected the dog whistle appeals to racism and strife generated by corrupt Tory adviser-in-chief, Lynton Crosby, who has controlled the party's message in recent elections and focuses on smears and character attacks just before election day.

It's also great to see Galloway getting a kicking and the Greens likely coming third! :clap2:

Sometimes I am so glad to live in one of the greatest cities in the world and tonight will be cause for considerable celebration. :woohoo:

Majority in London are non-white.
2011 stats
2011 Census: 45% of Londoners white British - BBC Newswww.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-2068056511 Dec 2012 - Forty-five per cent of people in London are white British, the 2011 census ... The census shows London is the most ethnically diverse area in ...
Original post by BubbleBoobies
you know what? **** you - they said "delete your account until you turn 13" (I'm 22) and you're doing nothing but excusing them but telling *me* off for merely defending myself. get lost.

I'm just giving constructive criticism. :erm: Perhaps your arguments could reach more people if they were well written. I would hardly bother reading them in their current form; adopting a better structure would help.

Also, swearing is pointless because it is censored and it adds nothing to your points. :rolleyes:

I didn't tell anyone off, nor did I excuse 'them'.
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I'm just giving constructive criticism. :erm: Perhaps your arguments could reach more people if they were well written. I would hardly bother reading them in their current form; adopting a better structure would help.

Also, swearing is pointless because it is censored and it adds nothing to your points. :rolleyes:

I didn't tell anyone off, nor did I excuse 'them'.

literally, what the hell are you even talking about? "well written"? what wasn't well written? are you talking about typing errors which are ultimately down to my broken keyboard or are you talking about some real, glaring grammatical or spelling errors?
and who do you think you are, a ****ing english teacher? why are you doing this? are you really that petty that you want to cause a fight with some random person on an internet forum over their ****ing sentence structure or whatever the **** it is that you're taking issue with? cry me a river

and I never said it added anything - I'm expressing my anger for my own sake.

and you're trying to lecture me at least - why not give the other person a lecture in some respect? I never talked to them or you as if you were a child (as they did) so why not give me a lecture in not coming off as a narcissistic creep?
lol someone give this girl some medicine
literally, what the hell are you even talking about? "well written"? what wasn't well written? are you talking about typing errors which are ultimately down to my broken keyboard or are you talking about some real, glaring grammatical or spelling errors?
and who do you think you are, a ****ing english teacher? why are you doing this? are you really that petty that you want to cause a fight with some random person on an internet forum over their ****ing sentence structure or whatever the **** it is that you're taking issue with? cry me a river

and you're trying to lecture me at least - why not give the other person a lecture in some respect? I never talked to them or you as if you were a child (as they did) so why not give me a lecture in not coming off as a narcissistic creep?

This was also a pain to read. Sorry. :redface:
This was also a pain to read. Sorry. :redface:

ahhh, so you begin telling me about how my spelling, grammar, "structure" (did you mean syntax?) etc was flawed yet you can't actually tell me how? would that be because, hm, you've got no clue about what you're talking about? nice - clearly you nailed that one, huh?
Reply 67
Original post by Bornblue
I don't even like Khan that much (especially after he whipped through 42 day detention without trial). However, it's so good to see goldsmith lose.
Not because he's a Tory, but because he's run the most disgusting, divisive campaign I've ever seen and played on religious tensions in a way that would make George Galloway jealous.

My guess is that he didn't have a plan. He might even have been surprised by his nomination. So without a plan, he simply made a negative campaign.

Original post by HOLA255
Majority in London are non-white.
2011 stats
2011 Census: 45% of Londoners white British - BBC Newswww.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-2068056511 Dec 2012 - Forty-five per cent of people in London are white British, the 2011 census ... The census shows London is the most ethnically diverse area in ...

Whites are still in majority in London if you include foreign whites.
ahhh, so you begin telling me about how my spelling, grammar, "structure" (did you mean syntax?) etc was flawed yet you can't actually tell me how? would that be because, hm, you've got no clue about what you're talking about? nice - clearly you nailed that one, huh?

Well if you had asked me to point it out I wouldn't know, because I didn't bother reading your reply. :smile:

But seeing as you want me to then okay! Your sentences are not clearly defined, they should be if you want people to take in your points properly. Adding in some capital letters would help, but punctuation and paragraph/point spacing would also benefit you!

As I mentioned, the swearing is unnecessary. It leaves blanks in your writing and adds nothing, it also comes across at petulant and aggressive.

In the current form, your writing looks like a block of text, with minimal punctuation, too many profanities and a lack of capital letters.
Original post by KaminiZindagi
and he is good for gay people, white people, black people, working class people, poor people, disabled people.....maybe not for rich people.

Go Sadiq Khan. London is with you:smile:

well hope your right sadly i think you will be disappointed
Reply 70
Original post by Bornblue

👏👏👏👏 so true
Reply 71
Original post by SMEGGGY
He'll bring in Sharia law, all women of all colours to be given burkhas to wear & banning clubs, pubs, bars etc in London

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, people are so uneducated-you do know that this is the worst generalisation you can make about Muslims, God go educate yourself
Well if you had asked me to point it out I wouldn't know, because I didn't bother reading your reply. :smile:

But seeing as you want me to then okay! Your sentences are not clearly defined,

sentences don't have definitions in that sense :|

they should be if you want people to take in your points properly. Adding in some capital letters would help,

nah. if that's the one thing you can say about my language skills on an informal environment like TSR then you're baffling :lol:

but punctuation and paragraph/point spacing would also benefit you!

I use punctuation when it is warranted. I actually used punctuation in that last message of mine, you just didn't bother read it though. also, let's clear up so ambiguities: some say that you should put a comma after "though" in that last message, and I sometimes do, and sometimes I don't. right before you jump on me, I'll at least explain myself for you. there's no clear grammar rule about this.

As I mentioned, the swearing is unnecessary. It leaves blanks in your writing and adds nothing, it also comes across at petulant and aggressive.

I am aggressive though, in this context, so I'm doing a good job by your admission of my aesthetic. at least I am conveying my attitude well. if I'm aggressive, I won't hide it. why should I?

In the current form, your writing looks like a block of text, with minimal punctuation, too many profanities and a lack of capital letters.

you've already said your bit about profanities - have you no short term memory? or are you disguising it as a separate point? because you can't do that - it's already a point. jesus christ.
and capital letters aren't necessary in an informal context like TSR - grammar, yes, that's nothing. but **** capitals. it doesn't detract from my expression. and it's purposive; I know that it would be valid in a more formal context, such as some kind of essay, but I'm not writing an essay, I'm writing a message on the internet, aren't I.

cool. now give the other guy a piece of your mind too, next...a little consistency, right? oh wait, we supports khan, so **** that ****, right?
(edited 7 years ago)

It's not that deep
lol someone give this girl some medicine

He's a man, not a girl. With very sexist opinions to boot, which makes his disguise even more annoying.
Original post by cosmic angel
He's a man, not a girl. With very sexist opinions to boot, which makes his disguise even more annoying.

i was talking about a tsr user..

Posted from TSR Mobile
i was talking about a tsr user..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, so am I!
Original post by cosmic angel
Yeah, so am I!

lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
sentences don't have definitions in that sense :|

nah. if that's the one thing you can say about my language skills on an informal environment like TSR then you're baffling :lol:

I use punctuation when it is warranted. I actually used punctuation in that last message of mine, you just didn't bother read it though. also, let's clear up so ambiguities: some say that you should put a comma after "though" in that last message, and I sometimes do, and sometimes I don't. right before you jump on me, I'll at least explain myself for you. there's no clear grammar rule about this.

I am aggressive though, in this context, so I'm doing a good job by your admission of my aesthetic. at least I am conveying my attitude well. if I'm aggressive, I won't hide it. why should I?

you've already said your bit about profanities - have you no short term memory? or are you disguising it as a separate point? because you can't do that - it's already a point. jesus christ.
and capital letters aren't necessary in an informal context like TSR - grammar, yes, that's nothing. but **** capitals. it doesn't detract from my expression. and it's purposive; I know that it would be valid in a more formal context, such as some kind of essay, but I'm not writing an essay, I'm writing a message on the internet, aren't I.

cool. now give the other guy a piece of your mind too, next...a little consistency, right? oh wait, we supports khan, so **** that ****, right?

This was better! Until you swore. But small steps, right? Keep it up and perhaps then your arguments will be met with respect.

Yes - about the profanities - hence why I said 'as I mentioned'... You said in the previous message that I hadn't pointed out why your writing was bad, so I was reiterating it in case you missed it in your blind rage.

I have no idea what that last bit means... 'we supports khan'... :confused:

Calm down, I was being constructive. Why would I give the other person 'a piece of my mind'? I was dignified to you. I made no reference to any of your political views, therefore I have nothing to say in response to 'the other guy'.

If you can swear at people and respond to them with aggression, how can you regard my comments on your writing as unwarranted (I assume you do)?
Annoyed and disappointed but not at all surprised, London is basically a Muslim city so they are obviously going to vote for a Muslim mayor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending