The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London Postgraduate Applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceguy62
Guys. I just received an offer for the Msc immunology course at Imperial!! :biggrin:

Original post by jessw5377
Hey guys!I've just received an offer from Imperial for a MSc in Immunology! I'm so excited, has anyone thought about getting jobs though? At this rate I feel like I'll have to turn it down because I can't afford the london prices! :/ wasn't sure if anyone knew anyone in previous years who know what the workload is like?

Hello fellow immunologist MSc people!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by calmsmile93
Is there only a few Masters courses at Imperial that requires an interview? I got an offer for the MSc Human Molecular Genetics course without having to go to interview. Excited to attend Imperial! :smile:

Hi!I plan to apply to the same course next year and I was wondering if you could share your profile :smile: I just need to know if it's worth a shot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anjv12121996
Hi!I plan to apply to the same course next year and I was wondering if you could share your profile :smile: I just need to know if it's worth a shot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Anjv12121996! Great to hear that you plan on applying for MSc. Human Molecular Genetics next year! I'd be happy to share some of my profile with you.

I studied BSc. Biomedical Science and graduated from uni last year (2015) achieving a 1st class degree. During my degree, I participated in a genetics research lab project. This year, I have taken a year out to work in various labs which has also been great experience.

I think the minimum degree requirement for the course is a 2:1 and it would definitely go to your benefit to have great references also.

All the best! I'm sure you'd have a good shot at getting onto the course! :smile:
Original post by calmsmile93
Hi Anjv12121996! Great to hear that you plan on applying for MSc. Human Molecular Genetics next year! I'd be happy to share some of my profile with you.

I studied BSc. Biomedical Science and graduated from uni last year (2015) achieving a 1st class degree. During my degree, I participated in a genetics research lab project. This year, I have taken a year out to work in various labs which has also been great experience.

I think the minimum degree requirement for the course is a 2:1 and it would definitely go to your benefit to have great references also.

All the best! I'm sure you'd have a good shot at getting onto the course! :smile:

That's quite an impressive profile!I love that you've taken a year off to get some experience.I'm almost done with my second year of uni and hope to apply this October.*fingers crossed* Thank you for the help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anjv12121996
That's quite an impressive profile!I love that you've taken a year off to get some experience.I'm almost done with my second year of uni and hope to apply this October.*fingers crossed* Thank you for the help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries! Hope uni continues to go well and wish you all the best with your application this October! :smile:
Original post by JellyShenney
Hello fellow immunologist MSc people!

Hey! Finally received my official offer, does anyone know how much the deposit is? I really don't know if I can afford Imperial or not :frown: also have you guys got a conditional offer, cause mine was a lot lower than I thought it would be!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jessw5377
Hey! Finally received my official offer, does anyone know how much the deposit is? I really don't know if I can afford Imperial or not :frown: also have you guys got a conditional offer, cause mine was a lot lower than I thought it would be!

Hey Jess and congrats on your offer!:biggrin:

Your deposit should be 10% of your tuition fees. For example, my tuition fees are £9,700 so my deposit was £970. Hope this helps!
Original post by christieio
Hey Jess and congrats on your offer!:biggrin:

Your deposit should be 10% of your tuition fees. For example, my tuition fees are £9,700 so my deposit was £970. Hope this helps!

thank you! yeah thats how much mine is as well
has anyone made a postgrad imperial facebook page? to talk about housing e.t.c?
Original post by Hellogoodbye23
Received an offer for MSc Finance.

Wondering about accommodation the postgraduate specific accom they have on their website seems very expensive at 210+.

Did you pass a virtual interview? if so, if you dont mind, can you please share with the questions you got so I can get an idea of what to expect? thanks
Anyone here who applied to and received an answer for MSc in Maths and Finance? I was told they were going to make some new decisions sometime last week and they'd let me know asap; it's already 1 week later and nothing :-/
Original post by white2black
Anyone here who applied to and received an answer for MSc in Maths and Finance? I was told they were going to make some new decisions sometime last week and they'd let me know asap; it's already 1 week later and nothing :-/

Not the same course or dep but same problem 🙄 What are you gonna do?
Original post by Lucianaaaa

When did you guys have your interview? Had mine 6 weeks ago....
I am getting crazy
Original post by johancth
When idid you guys have your interview? Had mine 6 weeks ago....
I am getting crazy

I've applied for a course in neuroscience which doesn't need an interview! I called last week sooo many times. The course advisor isn't replying to my emails (sent two) and the admissions said they haven't heard back (this was last week). I emailed the head of the course and he said he would get back to me the following day, nearly one and half weeks later still nada xD

I may email them again tomorrow or during the weekend.
I've applied for a course in neuroscience which doesn't need an interview! I called last week sooo many times. The course advisor isn't replying to my emails (sent two) and the admissions said they haven't heard back (this was last week). I emailed the head of the course and he said he would get back to me the following day, nearly one and half weeks later still nada xD

Wow, that's insane. I don't understand why it is hard to give a proper estimate. Also, isn't May a tad too late to find out decisions? Especially if they are, say, of offers. Is it still possible to get an offer this late?
Reply 156
Just wondering if there is anyone familiar with Msc Finance & Accounting here?...

I applied to this program in late March but I still haven't received any responses yet. Understand that I will be put in the 3rd round bracket and the decisions will be made by June 3rd but I just got worried since I heard it is a rolling basis.:frown:
Original post by white2black
Wow, that's insane. I don't understand why it is hard to give a proper estimate. Also, isn't May a tad too late to find out decisions? Especially if they are, say, of offers. Is it still possible to get an offer this late?

Apparently it is- the Admissions office said they hadn't sent out any offers yet :/ it's so bad!
Anyone apply for a PhD? Especially in Chemical Engineering.
Hello everyone and congrats to all the ones who got an offer!

I applied for the Applied Mathematics MSc 8 weeks ago (references submitted 6 weeks ago) but I didn't get an answer yet. Is that normal? Should I email the department?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending