The Student Room Group

Stress or nah?

Is anyone else at that time where you're just so beyond stressed at this point in the year that you're... Calm?

I am. I have transcended all levels known to man of stress. I am so stressed that I'm not even stressed anymore. I'm calm.

But then I have moments of clarity where I'm like **** MY FIRST EXAM IS IN LESS THAN THREE WEEKS! But I go right back to reading books instead of revising.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clintbarton
Is anyone else at that time where you're just so beyond stressed at this point in the year that you're... Calm?

I am. I have transcended all levels known to man of stress. I am so stressed that I'm not even stressed anymore. I'm calm.

But then I have moments of clarity where I'm like **** MY FIRST EXAM IS IN LESS THAN THREE WEEKS! But I go right back to reading books instead of revising.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a good thing you're panicking this early...I panicked like this about 2 days before and that's when I started revision.
Original post by hezzlington
It's a good thing you're panicking this early...I panicked like this about 2 days before and that's when I started revision.

How did you do? :redface:
Panic is good. Stress, in my opinion, is good too. It helps you focus on what actually can decide your entire life. There's plenty of time to relax after the exams are over :smile:.

Doesn't change the fact that I'm freaking out over the fact that I could essentially throw away my life's work with these exams.
Far too stressed! Not calm at all. My sleep is disrupted because of the stress.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
How did you do? :redface:

You could spell dude with my results.

I wasn't a very stressy student. I was actually a really bad student. I hardly ever revised, I got terrible GCSE results, but at least I wasn't stressed out! I just didn't care for academics. Studying physics at a mid table uni, so it's not all bad.
Reply 6
I get to a point where I'm like fed up of being stressed so I'm just like naaaa just gonnaaa chill and ignore all the problemsss.

This sums it up:

I started my revision a while ago. It's not productive in any modicum of the sense because whatever I do I just immediately forget. I just don't have any motivation

Posted from TSR Mobile
I started my revision a while ago. It's not productive in any modicum of the sense because whatever I do I just immediately forget. I just don't have any motivation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take a break? do some exercise? Get away from revision/TSR and just take a breather.
Original post by Kyou
Panic is good. Stress, in my opinion, is good too. It helps you focus on what actually can decide your entire life. There's plenty of time to relax after the exams are over :smile:.

Doesn't change the fact that I'm freaking out over the fact that I could essentially throw away my life's work with these exams.

I want to be a doctor. Was insanely motivated for GCSE's. Got 5A*'s and 5A's. Revised all of year ten and eleven.

AS level and I honestly could not care less. I am doing exams THAT DO NOT COUNT FOR ANYTHING. It pissed me off so much. I care an insane amount about my future and I have a kind of motivation to do well - but not the motivation that makes me work as hard as I should.

Exams deciding the fates of 17 and 18 year olds everywhere. So, dependent on my grades, I could become a Doctor and save lives or a stripper (and probably earn more money).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Far too stressed! Not calm at all. My sleep is disrupted because of the stress.

Sleep?! What is that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Inexorably
I get to a point where I'm like fed up of being stressed so I'm just like naaaa just gonnaaa chill and ignore all the problemsss.

This sums it up:

I LOVE IT.

Responsibly ignoring responsibilities. We are very alike.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sleep?! What is that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown:
Take a break? do some exercise? Get away from revision/TSR and just take a breather.

HAHA I DO NOTHING BUT TAKE BREAKS. I had a structure initially - 20 minutes revision, 5 minute break. It turns out more like 5 minutes revision, 20 minutes break.

Usually longer.

Usually 2 days.

I do exercise quite a lot to be honest but recently I have been using the gym as an excuse not to revise. Everything is an excuse :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
HAHA I DO NOTHING BUT TAKE BREAKS. I had a structure initially - 20 minutes revision, 5 minute break. It turns out more like 5 minutes revision, 20 minutes break.

Usually longer.

Usually 2 days.

I do exercise quite a lot to be honest but recently I have been using the gym as an excuse not to revise. Everything is an excuse :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know what to do :smile:

Gotto get back to it. Find a system that works for you. 3 weeks is still quite a lot of time if used productively.
You know what to do :smile:

Gotto get back to it. Find a system that works for you. 3 weeks is still quite a lot of time if used productively.

Easier said than done but I have laid out a revision plan that I've actually been sticking to!!

You've done pretty well for yourself. Physics was the bane of my high school career so hats off to you because you have to be INSANELY skilled to be successful in physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm kinda feeling this at the moment... I get it when exams are close and I'm beyond giving a **** :biggrin: Got exams on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and **** IT ALL :biggrin:
Original post by mobbsy91
I'm kinda feeling this at the moment... I get it when exams are close and I'm beyond giving a **** :biggrin: Got exams on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and **** IT ALL :biggrin:

HAHAHA you're so accepting about it I love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HAHAHA you're so accepting about it I love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep :biggrin: :rofl: I learnt before my AS exams that ultimately, **** it xD What happens happens, and so now, I just go with it and hopefully I won't fail!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i just give up for a while and sit back with a a cohiba and a bottle of jack and wait for business to start working again

Quick Reply

Latest