The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4860
SmackDown spoilers for this week:

- Chris Jericho kicked off the show with The Highlight Reel. His guest Sami Zayn, was interrupted by intercontinental champion The Miz and Maryse. They argued before Jericho walked off in disgust and a match was booked between the duo.
- Sami Zayn def. The Miz by disqualification when Kevin Owens interfered. Cesaro made the save and cleared the ring before staring the IC champion down.
- Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows approached AJ Styles backstage and told him, in order to beat Roman Reigns, he has to become more extreme.
- The Vaudevillains def. Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas. After the match, Big Cass came to the ring to confront Aiden English and Simon Gotch. He cleared the ring and even dropped Axel with a powerbomb.
- Natalya and Becky Lynch def. Emma and Charlotte.
- Rusev def. Zack Ryder. After the match, Kalisto hit the ring and caught The Bulgarian Brute with a corkscrew forearm.
- A backstage segment involving Goldust, R-Truth, Fandango and Tyler Breeze aired.
- Darren Young approached Bob Backlund backstage, asking him to be his mentor. The Hall of Famer promised to "make Darren great again."
- Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. The Usos ended in a disqualification when Roman Reigns and AJ Styles interfered.
- Roman Reigns and The Usos def. AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows.
Original post by Mackay
SmackDown spoilers for this week:

- Chris Jericho kicked off the show with The Highlight Reel. His guest Sami Zayn, was interrupted by intercontinental champion The Miz and Maryse. They argued before Jericho walked off in disgust and a match was booked between the duo.
- Sami Zayn def. The Miz by disqualification when Kevin Owens interfered. Cesaro made the save and cleared the ring before staring the IC champion down.
- Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows approached AJ Styles backstage and told him, in order to beat Roman Reigns, he has to become more extreme.
- The Vaudevillains def. Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas. After the match, Big Cass came to the ring to confront Aiden English and Simon Gotch. He cleared the ring and even dropped Axel with a powerbomb.
- Natalya and Becky Lynch def. Emma and Charlotte.
- Rusev def. Zack Ryder. After the match, Kalisto hit the ring and caught The Bulgarian Brute with a corkscrew forearm.
- A backstage segment involving Goldust, R-Truth, Fandango and Tyler Breeze aired.
- Darren Young approached Bob Backlund backstage, asking him to be his mentor. The Hall of Famer promised to "make Darren great again."
- Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. The Usos ended in a disqualification when Roman Reigns and AJ Styles interfered.
- Roman Reigns and The Usos def. AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows.

Lesnar vs Reigns or Cena vs Reigns to headline SummerSlam? I wouldn't mind the latter, with Taker making some sort of appearance to cost him the title and set up a Mania match.

Btw, Cena has been in every WWE Title match at SummerSlam since 2009, bar one year where he was in that elimination match against the Nexus. WTF. He also competed for it in 2005, 2006 and 2007, facing Batista in 2008.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4862
Original post by rEaR vIeW
Lesnar vs Reigns or Cena vs Reigns to headline SummerSlam? I wouldn't mind the latter, with Taker making some sort of appearance to cost him the title and set up a Mania match.

Btw, Cena has been in every WWE Title match at SummerSlam since 2009, bar one year where he was in that elimination match against the Nexus. WTF. He also competed for it in 2005, 2006 and 2007, facing Batista in 2008.

I wouldn't mind that, either.

I think Cena will be preoccupied with Rusev upon his return. That seems to be the narrative being peddled out at the minute. I expect the US Championship to change hands at Extreme Rules. Rusev is in need of being booked solidly, and a return to his feud with Cena will be a great way to introduce Cena back into the roster without him eclipsing a new superstar, or failing to put over one of the newer NXT graduates.

Anybody catch SmackDown last night? Man, Jericho is on fire.
Original post by Mackay
I wouldn't mind that, either.

I think Cena will be preoccupied with Rusev upon his return. That seems to be the narrative being peddled out at the minute. I expect the US Championship to change hands at Extreme Rules. Rusev is in need of being booked solidly, and a return to his feud with Cena will be a great way to introduce Cena back into the roster without him eclipsing a new superstar, or failing to put over one of the newer NXT graduates.

They look like they might go this way but I can't see how they'd freshen up the feud. Rusev at his most dangerous lost to Cena 3 times in a row, and he's been booked like a chump in the year between. It wouldn't be believable for him to take on and defeat Cena, at least not without a good 3-4 months momentum. Plus, it'd be a waste of Cena's return, I think he has to return to the main event to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4864
Original post by rEaR vIeW
They look like they might go this way but I can't see how they'd freshen up the feud. Rusev at his most dangerous lost to Cena 3 times in a row, and he's been booked like a chump in the year between. It wouldn't be believable for him to take on and defeat Cena, at least not without a good 3-4 months momentum. Plus, it'd be a waste of Cena's return, I think he has to return to the main event to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they want Cena to elevate the secondary titles, though, and from that angle it makes sense.

Admittedly, once Reigns is done with AJ, there's a scarcity of challengers. Maybe a returning Orton, or Rollins, if they are back quick enough.

I don't think we'll see a Cena/Reigns programme until WM season.
WWE has released several wrestlers and talent today.

Wrestlers Released:

Hornswoggle

Alex Riley

El Torito

Cameron

Santino Marella

Wade Barrett

Damien Sandow

Other Talent Released

Zeb Colter

Source: WWE.com
Reply 4866
Yep, just confirmed. We all knew about Barrett, and there aren't any surprises on that list, but the company really dropped the ball with Sandow.

From WWE: "WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstars Damien Sandow, King Barrett, Santino Marella, Cameron, Hornswoggle, Alex Riley, El Torito and Zeb Colter as of today, Friday, May 6, 2016."
Everyone's going on about Sadiq Khan and I'm just down because Hornswoggle got released.
Shame Bad News Barrett wasn't fully maximized when he was getting A reaction then they kill it off and, ultimately, kill off the guy's WWE career.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shame about Sandow too.. :/
Original post by Aky786UK
Shame Bad News Barrett wasn't fully maximized when he was getting A reaction then they kill it off and, ultimately, kill off the guy's WWE career.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And he went while in the League of Nations. :frown:

What a way to go.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4871
I think Barrett wanted to go, in fairness. He says he's going to "expand his horizons" - he's 35 now, after all.

Sandow is a real shame. He could've easily been a mid-carder of Ryback level, competing for secondary championships, had things transpired differently.
Reply 4873
The time to pull the trigger on Sandow was undoubtedly post-WM31. They should have had him win the Battle Royal, and set up a feud with the Miz until the summer, when Sandow could have legitimately challenged for a secondary championship.
Original post by Mackay
I think Barrett wanted to go, in fairness. He says he's going to "expand his horizons" - he's 35 now, after all.

Sandow is a real shame. He could've easily been a mid-carder of Ryback level, competing for secondary championships, had things transpired differently.

I'm honestly shocked. Sandow was one of my favourite characters promo wise, obviously he was no CM punk at the time but he provided something fresh. His initial heel debut was quite good, his face run even better. If only they let him go over the Miz he'd be a solid mid carder now.
Reply 4875
Original post by AR_95
I'm honestly shocked. Sandow was one of my favourite characters promo wise, obviously he was no CM punk at the time but he provided something fresh. His initial heel debut was quite good, his face run even better. If only they let him go over the Miz he'd be a solid mid carder now.

It's weird, too, because there was massive internet reaction when he re-appeared as his Intellectual Saviour of the Masses gimmick at a house show last summer. Why didn't WWE pull the trigger then, either? Such a waste.
Reply 4876
This week's SmackDown spoilers:

Spoiler

Original post by Mackay
This week's SmackDown spoilers:

Spoiler

Best place to find comprehensive week by week guide of action, basically to learn about the history etc of wrestling in the past few years as efficiently as possible, almost like a textbook would be cool. If anything like this is around Thanks!
Reply 4878
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Best place to find comprehensive week by week guide of action, basically to learn about the history etc of wrestling in the past few years as efficiently as possible, almost like a textbook would be cool. If anything like this is around Thanks!

Check Cagematch.net mate.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

Honestly Wikipedia is a good source.

You can then watch the movies moments that interest you on YouTube / WWE Network.

There's some really good WWE documentaries detailing the history as well.

True Story of Wrestlemania
[video="youtube;s2VN-SETM3c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2VN-SETM3c[/video]

Rise And Fall Of ECW
http://watchwrestling.to/video/watch-the-rise-and-fall-of-ecw-dvd/

Rise And Fall Of WCW
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13z5kb_wwe-dvd-the-rise-and-fall-of-wcw-dvd-part-2_sport
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest