The Student Room Group

Why are some guys so critical of women's looks online but then date plain/ugly girls?

I read a lot online a lot about a how men won't date girls for instance who have short hair, thin hair, bushy eyebrows, wonky teeth etc. and shoot down pictures of women who are actually attractive including celebrities but then go date some chubby, flat faced chick who hasn't worn a dress or anything feminine since her 6th birthday party?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I read a lot online a lot about a how men won't date girls for instance who have short hair, thin hair, bushy eyebrows, wonky teeth etc. and shoot down pictures of women who are actually attractive including celebrities but then go date some chubby, flat faced chick who hasn't worn a dress or anything feminine since her 6th birthday party?

if a homely young lady has a pleasant personality she will not lack for suitors.
I'm guessing, because there's a difference between finding someone attractive objectively, and finding someone attractive and being in love with them.
Reply 3

Plainly showing off
(I do mind wonky/rotten teeth though)
"chubby, flat faced chick who hasn't worn a dress or anything feminine since her 6th birthday party". You do realise you are doing the exact same thing you are criticising thoes men for doing :dry:
Cus it takes a high quality picture to get a guy off but he can settle for a good enough looking girl irl?
Reply 6
Your eyes are too far apart. Nose is definitely crooked. The shape of your face is not aesthetically pleasing at all. You look like a 3/10 with make up in this photo. I don't even want to imagine what you look like without make up. I actually just threw up in my mouth, just thinking about it.Your head is too big (although that may be, because of your giraffe neck posture). As for your hair, lol. Seriously, do something. You look like a horse.Stare at your face for more than 5 seconds, and you will see how ugly you are. The eyes which are too far apart is what ruins/damages an already ugly face even further. Unfortunately for you, that can't be surgically fixed, lol.You arms are way too long. lol at how they hang by your sides. Kind of reminds me of lurch. As for your tits, we all know there is extra padding there. Don't even let me start on your pale complexion. It only works if you look hot. Unfortunately, you do not look hot. Its hard to sum up a creature like you in one word. 'UGLY' would be unfair, since it doesn't reflect how repulsive you look. GROTESQUE is stretching it. But somewhere in between, is where you would be, on the scale of an average man.I'm sorry if my words seem a little harsh. Just so you know, I sugar coated this post as much as possible.Have a nice day.
Original post by simmys
Your eyes are too far apart. Nose is definitely crooked. The shape of your face is not aesthetically pleasing at all. You look like a 3/10 with make up in this photo. I don't even want to imagine what you look like without make up. I actually just threw up in my mouth, just thinking about it.Your head is too big (although that may be, because of your giraffe neck posture). As for your hair, lol. Seriously, do something. You look like a horse.Stare at your face for more than 5 seconds, and you will see how ugly you are. The eyes which are too far apart is what ruins/damages an already ugly face even further. Unfortunately for you, that can't be surgically fixed, lol.You arms are way too long. lol at how they hang by your sides. Kind of reminds me of lurch. As for your tits, we all know there is extra padding there. Don't even let me start on your pale complexion. It only works if you look hot. Unfortunately, you do not look hot. Its hard to sum up a creature like you in one word. 'UGLY' would be unfair, since it doesn't reflect how repulsive you look. GROTESQUE is stretching it. But somewhere in between, is where you would be, on the scale of an average man.I'm sorry if my words seem a little harsh. Just so you know, I sugar coated this post as much as possible.Have a nice day.

woahh I havent heard such a scary comment in ages
but i guess your arguement is fair :wink:
Because photos don't capture personality.
Reply 9
Original post by DiddyDec
Because photos don't capture personality.

It's still hypocrisy though.
Original post by simmys

Exactly I read stuff like this everyday online. It's not just online if I go for a drink with the guys sometimes I will hear them sneering at girls like that. Then they go home to plain jane or worse.
it's like u open a chocolate wrapping and it looks really good, but it doesnt mean it'll taste nice when u eat it
It's still hypocrisy though.

How is it?
Original post by rayestar
it's like u open a chocolate wrapping and it looks really good, but it doesnt mean it'll taste nice when u eat it

hahaha what
Original post by hezzlington
hahaha what

basically i'm trying to say that the woman may look good but when u get to know her, she might have a good or bad personality.
I just used a chocolate as an example cos I love chocolate haha

Things really go downhill once a girl hits the big 0 6, right?! :rolleyes:
This happens to me when I first start getting to know a guy he says his type she has to be this look like that but all his exes are not even close to looking like that ?
Its a question with a pretty simple answer imo.
Guys like very very pretty girls.
Guys dont get these very very pretty girls (most of the time unless you're like a demigod)
But guys still want a female partner...
So instead of trying for that 9/10, they go for a 7. Pretty good still. And they get on. Personalities match, and to that guy, the girl looks like a 10 to him now he sees the "whole" her.
Tl;dr people will love you for who you are, at least someone... eventually. On the internet you have access to billions of pics of girls. You can afford to be highly picky, doesnt apply to such an extent in real life.
Obviously you could just meet someone whos a 10 aesthetically and has a personality of a fallen angel <3 dreams.
What's a flat-face? All I'm thinking of is fish.
Original post by rayestar
basically i'm trying to say that the woman may look good but when u get to know her, she might have a good or bad personality.
I just used a chocolate as an example cos I love chocolate haha

I honestly thought you were talking about something else entirely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending