The Student Room Group

How confident are you for your upcoming AS/A-level exams?

This poll is closed

How confident are you feeling for your upcoming AS/A-Level exams?

1 (exams? We have exams?) 9%
2 3%
3 9%
4 17%
5 10%
6 13%
7 21%
8 14%
9 1%
10 (so prepared I could have taken them last month)1%
Total votes: 141
Vote between 1-10 on the poll, personally I'm feeling a 7. What subject are you guys (and girls) taking? I'm taking economics, physics, maths and geography. Feel free to post any revision techniques/questions about techniques, mine has to be get hold of every past paper and do them! Make sure you've eaten before your exam and have slept a decent amount.

Good luck all! :h:

Scroll to see replies

German I just really don't know bc there's no way in predicting what could come up other than cramming vocab and praying- will I learn tonnes of vocab in 2 weeks? smh

Geography lmao not prepared for that at all, got a bit complacent throughout the year and was fine getting Bs throughout the year but now RIP me

Biology!!! Started on Us an now getting Bs on past papers!! Doing one a day now and learning as I go, but with the reforms I'm so scared :frown: :frown:
Reply 2
How are most people a 7 lol I don't even know what I'm doing with my life anymore
I'm mixed - I started revising for my A2s at the same time as my AS exams so I have loads of time to revise for those, but for my AS exams I feel much less prepared. I'm trying to leave around two weeks between finishing taking notes and the exam so I can have some time for doing past papers and working on exam technique, but I feel as though there isn't enough time. Psychology (which is one week) is really causing me some grief, because we're doing the new spec so there aren't any past papers. Economics not so much, but I still feel as though I lack in terms of essay writing skills. Biology is allll good though :biggrin:
I want to get ABB, but I don't know if its going to happen :P
Original post by Calzs34
Vote between 1-10 on the poll, personally I'm feeling a 7. What subject are you guys (and girls) taking? I'm taking economics, physics, maths and geography. Feel free to post any revision techniques/questions about techniques, mine has to be get hold of every past paper and do them! Make sure you've eaten before your exam and have slept a decent amount.

Good luck all! :h:

I love this thread :woo: Good luck :smile:
I have descended into madness. I've done so many past papers but I don't feel prepared at all. So scared that a repeat of my AS exams will happen again this year
Currently in between!:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
About a 10 for all my subjects honestly
Original post by OddFuturez
About a 10 for all my subjects honestly

Damn, you must have done a lot of work any tips to share :smile:?
Original post by Laurenafenete
I have descended into madness. I've done so many past papers but I don't feel prepared at all. So scared that a repeat of my AS exams will happen again this year

sounds like you need a break. I'm sure it will go fine though. you've probably done more than me :biggrin:

Spoiler

For me:

Right now:

Spoiler

Expectation:

Spoiler

Reality:

Spoiler

Original post by rxns_00
How are most people a 7 lol I don't even know what I'm doing with my life anymore

Hahaha I will never be ready!
Reply 12
I'm about a 5
Does anyone else feel like they are ready but then when they do practice papers they feel like they do not know anything. :smile:
Sociology - ez no probs

History- ? hahah yeah..

English lang + lit- 15 poems 10 blogs etc and half a book left to read so im doing so well at the moment!!!!

defo a 10 from me lads
meh
AS+A2

Biology: got a lot still to learn, starting past papers

Chemistry: " "

Maths: Need to start C4 revision soon

Aiming for BA*A* in biology, chemistry and maths respectively. My motivation has seemingly gone out the window though. 😑
Depends what subject/exam:

AS Film retake: AAAAAAARRRGHHHHHH (1)

Psychology Studies: Meh, I might be okay with revision (4)

Psychology Research Methods: 7

Sociology Beliefs: Again, with revision, might be okay (4)

Sociology C&D: 4

Film A2: Denying it exists (1)
Original post by bizzy_penguin
sounds like you need a break. I'm sure it will go fine though. you've probably done more than me :biggrin:

Spoiler

Probably I do need a break but I cant remember at least 60% of my chemistry spec so oh dear :/

I'll still watch eurovision though :smile:
I just started revision on Saturday, 8 days left until my first exam now.
AS:

Geography: What? Who? What? Where? - D

Religious Studies: Okay, if I work hard for the next 2 days I will be an expert. The content is not very hard. - B/A

English Literature: I haven't started revision. If I do now, I will be 70% ready by time the exams come - C/B

English Language: Easy. - B/A

Quick Reply

Latest