The Student Room Group

A* Of Mice and Men exam answer

I'm trying to do some revision for the Unit 1 paper of English Literature (AQA) and I'm struggling with how to structure my Of Mice and Men answer. If anyone has some examples of an answer which includes both part a and b at an A* level, would you be able to send me a link to them?
Thank you!
Reply 1
I have a part a which received full marks?
Reply 2
Original post by _mxrky
I have a part a which received full marks?

That would be very useful, thank you!
Reply 3
See link
There's a through gramar mistakes- didn't read through:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by _mxrky
See link
There's a through gramar mistakes- didn't read through:frown:

Thanks so much for that, it really helped me out with revision! Do you have any tips for how to approach part b on context? Do I need to include as detailed analysis of quotes and then link this to them or just a general overview?
Reply 5
The key is that both sections are marked as one essay together. Therefore, for part (a) you should try to focus on really close analysis of the language from the passage they give you (always go for light imagery if it's there), and then for part (b) talk about the structure, Steinbeck's intentions, context, themes, and the title if you can. As long as you have all of those parts (except for maybe the title) somewhere across both parts you'll be absolutely fine because it's all marked as one essay, so you just need to show them you can do it! Hope that helps xx
Reply 6
Original post by fr.ya
I'm trying to do some revision for the Unit 1 paper of English Literature (AQA) and I'm struggling with how to structure my Of Mice and Men answer. If anyone has some examples of an answer which includes both part a and b at an A* level, would you be able to send me a link to them?
Thank you!

http://cherwellenglish.typepad.com/cs110/2013/04/revision-2013-gcse-literature-model-answers.html#
Reply 7
Original post by PoppyJRN
The key is that both sections are marked as one essay together. Therefore, for part (a) you should try to focus on really close analysis of the language from the passage they give you (always go for light imagery if it's there), and then for part (b) talk about the structure, Steinbeck's intentions, context, themes, and the title if you can. As long as you have all of those parts (except for maybe the title) somewhere across both parts you'll be absolutely fine because it's all marked as one essay, so you just need to show them you can do it! Hope that helps xx

Thanks so much, this is what I was looking for! xx
Reply 9
Original post by fr.ya
Thanks these are really great!

You're welcome! Good luck with your exams :smile:
Original post by fr.ya
Thanks so much, this is what I was looking for! xx

You're welcome! I'm glad it helps. Good luck! xx
Does anyone mix there part A and B together or do you do them separately ?
Reply 12
Original post by jazz_xox_
Does anyone mix there part A and B together or do you do them separately ?

I'm pretty sure you could do either, although it is probably easier to do it separately :smile:
You should do them separately because they ask you different things, but it's marked as one xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest