The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by DanBrandon89
an accumulation of uncompleted work or matters needing to be dealt with

Did they give you an estimated time of when you would receive the contract due to this?
Original post by j-h02
Did they give you an estimated time of when you would receive the contract due to this?

No, it just said as soon as possible
Reply 302
Hi, I applied around the same time as you. I am based in Manchester and attended the assessment centre in Manchester City centre last Wednesday. Have you checked your job page for any updates?
Reply 303
Original post by jackhaugh
same here, i'm from cheshire

Hi, I applied around the same time as you. I am based in Manchester and attended the assessment centre in Manchester City centre last Wednesday. Have you checked your job page for any updates?
I wish this meant my pay would change but I doubt it😂
Reply 305
I still haven't heard anything about an assessment centre...
Original post by jade.catherine
I wish this meant my pay would change but I doubt it😂

Maybe it will. It has on the BT Apprenticeship FAQ's
Maybe it will. It has on the BT Apprenticeship FAQ's

You applied for IT yeah? Cause you'll have to tell me what your pay is, then I can see if it's different to mine. Mines £14,000.
It is now £14,466 and no i applied for engineering. Im sure it is standard for all except finance who start on £17/18,000
It is now £14,466 and no i applied for engineering. Im sure it is standard for all except finance who start on £17/18,000

On FAQ it still says 14,114?
Original post by jade.catherine
On FAQ it still says 14,114?

Keep watching it will change. Unless this is just for Openreach employees.
Reply 311
Original post by Ash1611

Hi, I'm based in Manchester as well and applied 2 months ago but wasn't made aware of anything. Did you apply for technology?
Original post by Ash1611

How did it go? What sort of activities did they have you do?

Yeah i've checked it, still had no update, just emailed then to see if they're any closer to getting an AC organised near me
Reply 313
Hey Guys....

Does anyone have the email address for HR? (Can you PM as it removes from forum posts! )

I got my phone call over two weeks ago, but I can't get through on the phone number? :frown:

Thank you very much!
Tommy :smile:
Original post by TAJS-C
Hey Guys....

Does anyone have the email address for HR? (Can you PM as it removes from forum posts! )

I got my phone call over two weeks ago, but I can't get through on the phone number? :frown:

Thank you very much!
Tommy :smile:

Just messaged you the email. I emailed them about not receiving any email or contract yet. they said it will be within 6 weeks
Hi Guys

I applied for the BT engineering apprenticeship in mid April and on my job page I now have a new application that has appeared called BT Openreach BCD Network Engineering. When I click on Application Received it says:

Application receivedCongratulations! You've passed our initial screening and we're now considering you for assessment centre. We'll be in touch soon to let you know when we can book you in.

I haven't heard back regarding an assessment centre so does this message mean that I have definitely made it to one and it's just a case of waiting for them to contact me? I have called and emailed HR but they can't/won't offer me any more information. Could someone who's been through the experience let me know if i'll definitely be invited to an assessment day?
Original post by jazzyjigga
Hi Guys

I applied for the BT engineering apprenticeship in mid April and on my job page I now have a new application that has appeared called BT Openreach BCD Network Engineering. When I click on Application Received it says:

Application receivedCongratulations! You've passed our initial screening and we're now considering you for assessment centre. We'll be in touch soon to let you know when we can book you in.

I haven't heard back regarding an assessment centre so does this message mean that I have definitely made it to one and it's just a case of waiting for them to contact me? I have called and emailed HR but they can't/won't offer me any more information. Could someone who's been through the experience let me know if i'll definitely be invited to an assessment day?

You will be invited to an assessment Center when they have enough candidates from your area. I applied for IT apprenticeship and then got put forward for TSO IT. In the application they ask if your willing to apply for other very similar jobs if they have them available so you most likely will be offered to go to an assessment Center for the option that has come up recently on your job page.

I have been through the process and am starting at BT in leavesden, Watford on the 19th of September.

Good Luck!
Been waiting nearly 4 weeks to get feedback from my hub day then got an email this morning saying i was successful but theres no vacancies available at the minute :frown:

Hello Taylor, Thanks for coming along to an assessment centre for a BT Apprenticeship, it was great to meet you. I am pleased to tell you that you were successful at the assessment hub but unfortunately at the moment all of our vacancies have been filled with other candidates. However, our 2016 campaign isn’t closed and we do often find that we change locations of some vacancies throughout the campaign. We will keep your application on file and if any suitable apprentice vacancies become available we will be in touch with you to see if you are still interested. If this does happen you won’t have to attend another assessment centre for this campaign.
Original post by taylor_vs
Been waiting nearly 4 weeks to get feedback from my hub day then got an email this morning saying i was successful but theres no vacancies available at the minute :frown:

Hello Taylor, Thanks for coming along to an assessment centre for a BT Apprenticeship, it was great to meet you. I am pleased to tell you that you were successful at the assessment hub but unfortunately at the moment all of our vacancies have been filled with other candidates. However, our 2016 campaign isn’t closed and we do often find that we change locations of some vacancies throughout the campaign. We will keep your application on file and if any suitable apprentice vacancies become available we will be in touch with you to see if you are still interested. If this does happen you won’t have to attend another assessment centre for this campaign.

Some applicants may drop out or may not meet the requirements come september so you may find yourself getting a placement anyway :smile:
I really do hope so it's just a waiting game now

Quick Reply

Latest