The Student Room Group

Gold papers or Solomon papers?

I have learnt everything, finished all mixed exercises and done many real past papers. At this point, I was advised to do hard papers but due to lack of time, I want to know what is better to do more of in my case.
Reply 1
Original post by TheRealLifeBane
I have learnt everything, finished all mixed exercises and done many real past papers. At this point, I was advised to do hard papers but due to lack of time, I want to know what is better to do more of in my case.

Why not both? Gold papers is essentially a collection of hard questions from other past papers. You could do what I and a lot of people do: move onto a different exam board. If you want more challenging questions I'd suggest doing I.Y.G.B papers, on this website.
Original post by kkboyk
Why not both? Gold papers is essentially a collection of hard questions from other past papers. You could do what I and a lot of people do: move onto a different exam board. If you want more challenging questions I'd suggest doing I.Y.G.B papers, on this website.

But aren't the specifications and marking criteria too different?

Edit: nevermind this actually looks like the same thing and thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
But aren't the specifications and marking criteria too different?

Edit: nevermind this actually looks like the same thing and thanks

It's all essentially the same thing for other exam board really.
Original post by kkboyk
It's all essentially the same thing for other exam board really.

For the first batch of papers, I see what you mean but, on the other hand, I think the "hard" I.Y.G.B papers are absolutely incredible and "extremely hard" even more so!

They are far more challenging and fun than normal papers or Solomon/gold papers for that matter.

So thanks <3
Reply 5
For the first batch of papers, I see what you mean but, on the other hand, I think the "hard" I.Y.G.B papers are absolutely incredible and "extremely hard" even more so!

They are far more challenging and fun than normal papers or Solomon/gold papers for that matter.

So thanks <3

Yeah they are (especially the Special Papers) Thank @TeeEm for making them :tongue:
Thanks a million @TeeEm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending