The Student Room Group

Very confused about a guy???? Help :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwerty_mad
I think he staying to get your attention but trying to show he don't care.

I think he's the sort of guy that won't make he move - you'll have to, as hard as it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think I'm just gonna keep trying and showing until I get knocked back or might just leave it to him now. It took him a year to ask his ex out though.
Original post by CHEETS
He probs does.

I knew a guy like this once. The weird moody, silent spells in the middle turned out to be because his female mates didn't like me and he was trying to have the best of both worlds. Dick.

I wouldn't put up with the mind games. He can either tell you exactly what he wants or bugger off.

So do you think he's being a bit arrogant in his way of showing it? He's so popular and inn not so maybe he's worried what people would say but maybe boys don't care aviutvpopularity?
Original post by Anonymous
Think I'm just gonna keep trying and showing until I get knocked back or might just leave it to him now. It took him a year to ask his ex out though.

Well if you can wait that long...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
So do you think he's being a bit arrogant in his way of showing it? He's so popular and inn not so maybe he's worried what people would say but maybe boys don't care aviutvpopularity?

Boys are not a different species. Most people care about their popularity in school, both boys and girls. I think you may have hit the nail on the head with what's going on here.

I know you don't want to hear this but I think you need to lower your expectations. When you like someone you tend to overanalyse what they do
Original post by CHEETS
Boys are not a different species. Most people care about their popularity in school, both boys and girls. I think you may have hit the nail on the head with what's going on here.

So do you deffo think that it's the personality thing then? That he likes me but is afraid to show it?
Original post by CHEETS

sorry i meant popularity not personality in my last post
UPDATE: hes been really weird since i asked him to send me a photo of the work as mentioned above. At the end of this week, he was giving people their books and said their names cheerily as he gave them out. When he got to mine he threw it on the table next to me and didn't say my name and then went to sit back down. He also wouldn't look at me when I was speaking and tried to sit with his back to me. I seriously don't understand this guy.
But he still kept bitching about another guy who I have other classes with, as I think sometimes hes jealous that i'm friends with this other guy/ that this other guy is with me a lot.
Reply 149
So do you deffo think that it's the personality thing then? That he likes me but is afraid to show it?

Yeah, I mean I'd just ask... but I know in the world of teenage drama that a BIIIIG no no. So I guess you both just have to keep playing games and trying to mind-read each other. Good luck with that.
Could anyone please help me and perhaps suggest why he's behaving like that ^^? Do you think he does still like me or do you think he's mad at me??
Original post by CHEETS
Yeah, I mean I'd just ask... but I know in the world of teenage drama that a BIIIIG no no. So I guess you both just have to keep playing games and trying to mind-read each other. Good luck with that.

Yeah exactly! He always gets insanely jealou when I talk to other guys. He is SO confusing. One minute he's fine with me, the next it's like he hates me.
Did anything happen recently
Did anything happen recently

Not anything big because I haven't seen him much this week as he been doing exams. He keeps hanging around near me still though in free periods and staring at me, and trying to sit near me whenever possible. He tried to walk along the corridor with me rather than with his male friends, and my friend started trying to walk near him but he just walked round her so he could walk next to me. His friends have said nice things to me this week and keep looking at me so maybe then know something that I don't. He keeps sitting facing me too and pointing his feet towards mine, which i've read is a clear sign that people like you. But I'm just getting confused as when i've messaged him its like he doesn't want or doesn't know how to keep the conversation going. I like him so much.

He shows me all these signs but never seems to get any further?
Honestly i think you just need to ask him whats wrong. Guys like someone whos relatively aware of them and their problems if that makes sense lol. But honestly hes gonna move on if you dont act now. I dont meean sex or anything but a date lile the cinema or something coz ur subtle flirting and stuff honestly doesnt seem to be working. And if he has moved on (coz its so obvs he liked u) the can rest easy and concentrate on ur exams and what nkt without overthunking about a guy (there will be plenty more of them). So dw just go on and ask him already because this window is gonna sgut eventually. All his negative vahaviour looks like hes just trying to get over u but its not too late!!!
Honestly i think you just need to ask him whats wrong. Guys like someone whos relatively aware of them and their problems if that makes sense lol. But honestly hes gonna move on if you dont act now. I dont meean sex or anything but a date lile the cinema or something coz ur subtle flirting and stuff honestly doesnt seem to be working. And if he has moved on (coz its so obvs he liked u) the can rest easy and concentrate on ur exams and what nkt without overthunking about a guy (there will be plenty more of them). So dw just go on and ask him already because this window is gonna sgut eventually. All his negative vahaviour looks like hes just trying to get over u but its not too late!!!

Maybe he's just fed up at the moment cause of exams, maybe it has nothing to do with me. I know but I feel like its always me who makes the effort, starts the conversations etc, but then i suppose he has also shown lots of signs^^ its like we have this continuous flirting cycle, that neither of us know how to move forward from. I know, but sadly they won't be him, and i definitley want him. I think hes maybe trying to forget that he might like me because of his popularity or something, or maybe hes just trying to focus on exams idk, but I can't forget about him. I think about him everyday :frown:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Initiate conversation more, and perhaps make some suggestions regarding hanging out socially, to test the water. If he's interested he'll quickly hook and hopefully take the lead :yy:

I've thought about asking me to go into town one day, but i'm scared since i messaged him, as he was blunt with me when i messaged him and didn't really try to continue the conversation, despite all the signs. Boys are so confusing :'(
I've thought about asking me to go into town one day, but i'm scared since i messaged him, as he was blunt with me when i messaged him and didn't really try to continue the conversation, despite all the signs. Boys are so confusing :'(

I think your reading way too much into this just ask him already. Honestly if he says no due to him worrying about popularity he was never worth your time or attention anyway. Just ask him as he does definitely like you but i doubt he will ever make the first mkve so its up to u to simply ask him out! Pushing it off any longer wont change whether he will say yes or no so (even tho its cliche lol) there really is no time like the present. You have so much advice from this thread so continuing to ask for advice wont help u itll just be repeats of what others have said so your wasting time tbh. Just go and ask him and best of luck!!!
Did you talk to him today?
Did you talk to him today?

Not Monday because he didn't sit near me? But today he kept looking st me and he asked me to sit next to him in class and called me by my nickname. So I did and we touched hands several times and both ended up like writing and scribbling on each other's work and stuff, with again touching each other's arms etc. Jesus I'm so confused but so happy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending