The Student Room Group

First University Exams: What To Expect?

Hello,
I have my first university exams starting next week, but I have little idea of what to expect.

There's basic information online by my university such as 'no bags allowed in the exam room' or 'student ID is required', etc. But what are the actual procedures?

Where do we put our stuff if not in the exam hall? Do we have to actually wear our ID cards at all times with the lanyards- does it have to be present at all times or just at entrance?

Any other stuff I might need to know?!

Any help is much appreciated.
Original post by Wiggly
Hello,
I have my first university exams starting next week, but I have little idea of what to expect.

There's basic information online by my university such as 'no bags allowed in the exam room' or 'student ID is required', etc. But what are the actual procedures?

Where do we put our stuff if not in the exam hall? Do we have to actually wear our ID cards at all times with the lanyards- does it have to be present at all times or just at entrance?

Any other stuff I might need to know?!

Any help is much appreciated.

What uni do you attend ?
Reply 2
Do you need your bag for anything after the exam? I'd suggest not bringing it in if you only have the exam that day. I left mine in the car as I didn't need it.
You'll be asked to present your ID when you enter the exam room, then just leave it on your desk.

Other than that it will most likely be the same procedures as any other exam you've sat in the past.

Arrive early! Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by evalilyXOX
What uni do you attend ?

Cardiff Met
Original post by sh9
Do you need your bag for anything after the exam? I'd suggest not bringing it in if you only have the exam that day. I left mine in the car as I didn't need it.
You'll be asked to present your ID when you enter the exam room, then just leave it on your desk.

Other than that it will most likely be the same procedures as any other exam you've sat in the past.

Arrive early! Good luck!

Are we likely to be allocated seats or can we just sit anywhere? What happens to those that bring coats and bags to the exam?!

I'm scared. :frown:
Original post by Wiggly
Cardiff Met

Are we likely to be allocated seats or can we just sit anywhere? What happens to those that bring coats and bags to the exam?!

I'm scared. :frown:

At my uni (Glasgow), you are allowed your exam in the exam hall but you leave them at the front of the room and cannot take them to your seat.

Some unis are strict on water bottles as you have to have a clear one with any labels removed.

No pencil cases are permitted either and you have to have your student id with you for identification purposes.

At Glasgow you can sit wherever you want and I imagine that is the same for most places.

Coats can either be left with your bag or placed on your seat behind you. Also dont take your phone or other electronic devices to your desk.

If you are allowed additional materials i.e. dictionary, supplementary text etc, it cannot be annotated except for highlighting and underlining.

Hope this helps ! :smile:
Reply 5
^ Thank-you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending