The Student Room Group

New Mayor of London shows most people don't support the racist agenda

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nulli tertius
I don't think the Tories ever considered inviting Livingstone to stand for them, albeit that over the years he must have been one of the Conservative Party's greatest electoral assets and even now he seems like the gift that keeps on giving.

Ha, don't be slippery, you mentioned Labour people as well as Tories.

Like I said, I think Ken's genius for politics in his old, sane incarnation, is something Nulli doesn't like to dwell on.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Ha, don't be slippery, you mentioned Labour people as well as Tories.

Like I said, I think Ken's genius for politics in his old, sane incarnation, is something Nulli doesn't like to dwell on.

I didn't mention the Labour candidate in the 2000 election Frank Dobson either.

Ken had a genius for the promotion of Ken. He unquestionably lost Labour more support than he personally gained.
You seem to be confused. I am celebrating the fact that the Tory attacks did not work. It was they who attempted to brand him as a Muslim extremist. To argue that it was the Labour Party is five star ********.

Craaaaaap - ever since this started the Labour Party has been wanting to make this an "Obama" moment. The truth of the matter is the Khan is not a muslim in any meaningful way (eg he has voted in favour of same sex marriage and more or less every "right on" liberal idea going at total odds with more or less everything Islam stands for).

The conservatives RESPONDED with their failed "hate" campaign but it was the Labour party that made this election focus on the "Lets prove we're not Islamophobic". I suspect this might have damaged the fabric of London for a while - it will be harder to critise Islam without appearing to be a right wing extremist.... As this whole thread sort of proves.... There actually have been posts on this thread where it has been suggested that those opposed to Khan are racist (or similar).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by phil5six
It's good news for everyone!
I'm happy about it.

Craaaaaap - ever since this started the Labour Party has been wanting to make this an "Obama" moment. The truth of the matter is the Khan is not a muslim in any meaningful way (eg he has voted in favour of same sex marriage and more or less every "right on" liberal idea going at total odds with more or less everything Islam stands for).

The conservatives RESPONDED with their failed "hate" campaign but it was the Labour party that made this election focus on the "Lets prove we're not Islamophobic". I suspect this might have damaged the fabric of London for a while - it will be harder to critise Islam without appearing to be a right wing extremist.... As this whole thread sort of proves.... There actually have been posts on this thread where it has been suggested that those opposed to Khan are racist (or similar).
Original post by FredOrJohn

This. Trying to use the outdated, 'this is good and if you don't agree you are racist card' whilst all the while trying to brush their treasure trove of anti-semitic comments and members under the carpet... its a joke
"If you don't agree with everything I say then you're a racist, even though religious dogmas aren't races and people who follow the ideologies associated with it come from all races imaginable. This is because I see all Muslims as brown people so therefore you also do" - OP and most other social justice warriors
Original post by KimKallstrom
"If you don't agree with everything I say then you're a racist, even though religious dogmas aren't races and people who follow the ideologies associated with it come from all races imaginable. This is because I see all Muslims as brown people so therefore you also do" - OP and most other social justice warriors

"We're going to smear anyone who is a Muslim and who stands for high office using terrorism as the pretext and with the calculated tone and insulting manner used by people like UKIP, even though we are supposedly nice, safe, middle of the road, One Nation Tories, to define brown people and anyone frankly that we don't like as strange, debased, savage and 'other' in a way that exactly replicates the racist attitudes that underlie it. We won't challenge in any way the entrenched British colonialist and imperialist mindset that feeds these attitudes and when challenged, we will claim it is all the fault of the Left and that it is them who are confused and not us who play the race and religious hate cards whenever it looks as though members of the ethnic minorities are getting above their station." - D Cameron and a lot of the hate posters on TSR.
Original post by FredOrJohn

Your explanation sounds too childish to be true.
"We're going to smear anyone who is a Muslim and who stands for high office using terrorism as the pretext and with the calculated tone and insulting manner used by people like UKIP, even though we are supposedly nice, safe, middle of the road, One Nation Tories, to define brown people and anyone frankly that we don't like as strange, debased, savage and 'other' in a way that exactly replicates the racist attitudes that underlie it. We won't challenge in any way the entrenched British colonialist and imperialist mindset that feeds these attitudes and when challenged, we will claim it is all the fault of the Left and that it is them who are confused and not us who play the race and religious hate cards whenever it looks as though members of the ethnic minorities are getting above their station." - D Cameron and a lot of the hate posters on TSR.

Khan is not a muslim in any meaningful way.

No you have just called everyone who voted against Khan a bigot. Khan DID share a platform with these people - it was not a made up story, he did do it.

you are using extremist language of hate and division. That is what Labour do - call everyone else bigots and never take any blame themselves. That is how it gradually became anti-semitic - people are afraid to critise labour in case they get labelled racist.
Which is why the Tories ran the GLC from 1967 to 1973 and from 1977 to 1981.

I meant in recent years
Original post by lolatmaths
I meant in recent years

That is a very unusual use of the word "always"
Original post by patrickstarfish
time will tell

:h:
Original post by patrickstarfish
time will tell

Nice words.:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
You choose the mayor because of their skills, not their religion, race, colour or whatnot. Obviously he had a great campaign and it worked.

It is very funny to see this post about a Mayor who supports affirmative action based on faulty premises.
That is a very unusual use of the word "always"

in the london we know now, it has always been labour.
A big majority of Londoners voted for a Muslim Mayor of London. Far, far more than just the Muslims living in London.

It's no wonder that we are seeing a rash of xenophobic and racist-oriented UKIP-style threads on TSR this morning, as the far right go into shock that a clear majority of people don't share their views, won't react to their dog whistle politics and believe that a tolerant, multiracial London is not just possible but a current reality.

Will the right wing headbangers please take a lesson from this and stop trying to fill TSR with hate messages every morning? Pretty please?

Absolutely agree 100%

I wish I could rep more
Original post by Multiculturalism
Absolutely agree 100%

I wish I could rep more

Khan is not a muslim in any meaningful way.

No that poster (and ou've agreed with them) have just called everyone who voted against Khan a bigot. Khan did share a platform with extremist people - it was not a made up story, he did do it.

you are using extremist language of hate and division. That is what Labour do - call everyone else bigots and never take any blame themselves. That is how it gradually became anti-semitic - people are afraid to critise labour in case they get labelled racist.
This is an utter disgrace. The end of the free Western world is imminent when a Muslim becomes the mayor of a city like London. In 30 years London, and the rest of the UK will be totally under the control of slam. By then our politically correct politicians who are now selling us out to Islam will all be dead, and the few who then maybe do survive will then deny their involvement in this betrayal sell-out.
A big majority of Londoners voted for a Muslim Mayor of London. Far, far more than just the Muslims living in London.

It's no wonder that we are seeing a rash of xenophobic and racist-oriented UKIP-style threads on TSR this morning, as the far right go into shock that a clear majority of people don't share their views, won't react to their dog whistle politics and believe that a tolerant, multiracial London is not just possible but a current reality.

Will the right wing headbangers please take a lesson from this and stop trying to fill TSR with hate messages every morning? Pretty please?

I totally agree with this. But I have noticed 'left wingers' on another thread. Can you explain what right and left wingers are?

https://powerglobal.us/2016/04/30/muslims-in-europe-we-have-the-right-to-kill-anyone-who-does-not-respect-islam-on-live-tv/

Islam is merely the tool of the hidden hard to destroy the Christian west and in so doing, is itself destroyed. leaving what is left of the human race to be rule over by a new world order through their Godless world Government. The 100 year plan as outlined by Illuminati wizard Albert Pike. Seems like everything is going to plan?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending