The Student Room Group

Do universities really want to see your GCSE diploma?

I have never done my GCSE exams because I was transferred from a school that follows the Portuguese curriculum to a school that follows the Cambridge curriculum during the time I started my AS Level year. The thing is most universities ask for a minimum grade C in English and Maths in the course I want to follow (which is Astrophysics). I told my teacher that I would like to do the English and Maths GCSE exams on October/November and they allowed me to do them. However, I don't know if the universities just want to English and Maths GCSE grades or they want to see my GCSE diploma. Please help me!
Original post by shneebnee
I have never done my GCSE exams because I was transferred from a school that follows the Portuguese curriculum to a school that follows the Cambridge curriculum during the time I started my AS Level year. The thing is most universities ask for a minimum grade C in English and Maths in the course I want to follow (which is Astrophysics). I told my teacher that I would like to do the English and Maths GCSE exams on October/November and they allowed me to do them. However, I don't know if the universities just want to English and Maths GCSE grades or they want to see my GCSE diploma. Please help me!

Yup they really do! When I went for my interview at manchester they asked me to bring all of my GCSE certificates and they took photocopies of all of them as well as look at them.
Reply 2

I'm not sure what you mean by a GCSE diploma but if you have moved from abroad then GCSE maths and English should be sufficient.
I never had to. I go to Cardiff.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
I'm not sure what you mean by a GCSE diploma but if you have moved from abroad then GCSE maths and English should be sufficient.

I mean the GCSE certificate that shows you have successfully done and passed the GCSE exams
Reply 5
I mean the GCSE certificate that shows you have successfully done and passed the GCSE exams

If you have moved to this country after the age of 16 then your lack of GCSEs should not matter.

Quick Reply

Latest