1. B1 Adaptations - Q&A 28 review
2. Psychology D - Booklet
3. French past paper marked
4. Maths questions + past paper half
5. C1 - 18 Q&A made + 26 review

Wowee - well done :smile: You're doing so well

Original post by veganavb
Hi everyone:tongue:

The last 3 days I went to some aiming for a* classes at my (hopefully, if i get in) sixth form for next year. This really helped me get back on track i think so i hope to do at least 6 hours today of revision.
Exams are super soon but i basically have a weeks study leave starting on the 16th (on that day i also have re exam) till my main exams. So i think I can do it:biggrin:

A rough plan:
Start at 8 am
Maths past paper
RE
ENGLISH
Geography (phys learn case studys and practice model answers)
I will update before i go to sleep, and i hope to do more:colondollar:

They sound great classes and I hope your day is very productive :smile:
UPDATE FOR 6/5/16

So basically

ICT past paper

15 B1 cards

B2 revision

Physics mind map

German transcript and vocab

Maths past paper

Prohibition

Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 6/5/16
So basically

ICT past paper

15 B1 cards

B2 revision

Physics mind map

German transcript and vocab

Maths past paper

Prohibition

Well done you've done soooo much :biggrin: Hats off to you
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done you've done soooo much :biggrin: Hats off to you

Thank you so much :biggrin:
Hey guys
How do you collect quotes for your set texts ?!
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey guys
How do you collect quotes for your set texts ?!

if you are talking about English literature then I would start off to collect quotes which demonstrate the key points about the characters in the text. then about setting, themes, message, context, tone, structure maybe (?) - I know that one applies to poetry...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is 6 hours a day (study leave/weekends) and 3 hours per night (equivalent of schoolnight, following an exam that day) good enough for all A*s? I have been doing 3 hours per night and 6 hours per weekend day since around late February

Posted from TSR Mobile
^^ I don't do coursework

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oli19919
Is 6 hours a day (study leave/weekends) and 3 hours per night (equivalent of schoolnight, following an exam that day) good enough for all A*s? I have been doing 3 hours per night and 6 hours per weekend day since around late February

Posted from TSR Mobile

^^ I don't do coursework

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I would say that is more than enough :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You certainly don't need to do any more. Just be careful you don't burn out because that's a lot, but it's not about how much you do, more so how effective the revision is for your personal learning style. And of course, your natural academic ability is important- anyone can revise that much but not anyone can get all A*s. I personally vary my revision from mind maps to revision cards to past papers, and I don't tend to do more than 3 nights of intense revision a week otherwise I become demotivated. I've switched it up a lot in order to find the right mix! But it really just depends, like for the Christmas mocks I used mainly mind maps and only revised for particular subjects like science and I managed 10 A*s so it's just whatever works for you.
Original post by Littleone2000
You certainly don't need to do any more. Just be careful you don't burn out because that's a lot, but it's not about how much you do, more so how effective the revision is for your personal learning style. And of course, your natural academic ability is important- anyone can revise that much but not anyone can get all A*s. I personally vary my revision from mind maps to revision cards to past papers, and I don't tend to do more than 3 nights of intense revision a week otherwise I become demotivated. I've switched it up a lot in order to find the right mix! But it really just depends, like for the Christmas mocks I used mainly mind maps and only revised for particular subjects like science and I managed 10 A*s so it's just whatever works for you.

Ok thanks, I'm worried I'm not putting in enough effort! I expect to be feeling tired and drained and hating revision but I don't really seem very bored or anything if you get what I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly how much i do :smile: I'm sure it's enough :biggrin:
Original post by Littleone2000
I'm not too sure, I currently live near Manchester so I'd love to study down south... Earlier this year I went on a school trip to see Oxford and I could really see myself at Oxford or Cambridge but it just depends on whether I can get in- especially as I want to study medicine so it's extra competitive! But I've honestly not been to London since I was 8 so it will be good to get a feel for London during summer school because I know there are some strong medical schools in the city (because i currently live in the countryside so the city sounds preferable). I loved Oxford but the area just seemed so isolated, I don't know haha. At least I've got another year to decide!

True :smile:
Ok thanks, I'm worried I'm not putting in enough effort! I expect to be feeling tired and drained and hating revision but I don't really seem very bored or anything if you get what I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great then! Do as much as you can, but listen to your body as when you begin to feel bored and drained, that's when you should take more frequent breaks and have a longer rest period after revision. But if you are feeling fine then power ahead!
What's happened and is there anything I can do to help?

Life has happened.
1 Week to go. Barely done anything, false encouragement only makes it worse. Gonna try my utter best to get. But the inevitability of losing my 12A*s is present...

I doubt you will be able to encourage me, :frown: False encouragement makes it so much worse, you know too at the back of your head that its impossible to get that aim now... Ah well. Head up... and i'll do as much as I can...!
:frown:
Your doing extremely well by the way. Well done!
anyone sitting the edexcel religious studies exam on may 16th and 18th? i reallly want an a* so i could do with some tips
Original post by Phoebe2108
anyone sitting the edexcel religious studies exam on may 16th and 18th? i reallly want an a* so i could do with some tips

I'm studying that course. I can give tips.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChocolateCosmos
Life has happened.
1 Week to go. Barely done anything, false encouragement only makes it worse. Gonna try my utter best to get. But the inevitability of losing my 12A*s is present...

I doubt you will be able to encourage me, :frown: False encouragement makes it so much worse, you know too at the back of your head that its impossible to get that aim now... Ah well. Head up... and i'll do as much as I can...!
:frown:
Your doing extremely well by the way. Well done!

Just because you didn't do anything a week ago, doesn't mean you can't turn it around now. And I wouldn't be giving you false encouragement, I honestly want you to do well, and there is nothing stopping you from still aiming to get as high as possible, especially for A*s. The only thing stopping you reaching your goal is you - think positively, turn all the stuff you feel negatively about and find ways to improve it! There is no time like the present :smile:

(And thank you - please, please, please let me know if you ever need anything)
Just because you didn't do anything a week ago, doesn't mean you can't turn it around now. And I wouldn't be giving you false encouragement, I honestly want you to do well, and there is nothing stopping you from still aiming to get as high as possible, especially for A*s. The only thing stopping you reaching your goal is you - think positively, turn all the stuff you feel negatively about and find ways to improve it! There is no time like the present :smile:

(And thank you - please, please, please let me know if you ever need anything)

I know this isn't aimed for me but i've just read this and wow your so so so so supportive and encouraging :biggrin:
UPDATE FOR 7/5/16

(Yay! An evening update :biggrin:)

5 pages of textbook done, covering infectious disease and antiseptics/biotics

B3 revision cards - particularly meiosis and mitosis

Half an ICT paper

Printed English papers

Japan Tsunami

Sorted out topics to revise by exams (prioritised)

Also, started re-reading all the set texts for English

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending