The Student Room Group

Am I Only black person that don't speak slang or listen to that Grime or Rap music?

Apart from a few other black people I know in my school I've noticed this trend of that slang people use "init doe man is vexxed?" and "Nah u must be dizzy fam" Yet I just speak normal English. And they seem to listen to that grime music that you can hear blazing out their earphones on the 3:20 bus, which I just hate and don't listen to I don't hear any rhythm or sensical lyrics or nice flowing backing music. The best I listen to is Old rock bands like Queen.

I also don't dress much as most of the black people in my school they have that boxed haircut where its just hair on the top of their head and cut off around the sides with fancy designs. But I just have short normal black hair that I don't really alter. I really act nothing like my race stereotypes lol.

Scroll to see replies

congratulations.

now shut up.
Reply 2
Original post by chickenfoot
congratulations.

now shut up.

Have I pi**ed you off somehow?
Original post by Popsiclez
Apart from a few other black people I know in my school I've noticed this trend of that slang people use "init doe man is vexxed?" and "Nah u must be dizzy fam" Yet I just speak normal English. And they seem to listen to that grime music that you can hear blazing out their earphones on the 3:20 bus, which I just hate and don't listen to I don't hear any rhythm or sensical lyrics or nice flowing backing music. The best I listen to is Old rock bands like Queen.

I also don't dress much as most of the black people in my school they have that boxed haircut where its just hair on the top of their head and cut off around the sides with fancy designs. But I just have short normal black hair that I don't really alter. I really act nothing like my race stereotypes lol.

Special Snowflake alert!
Reply 4
Original post by niftyhitman
Special Snowflake alert!

Excuse me for asking a question.
Nope.
fo shizzle my nizzle

:afro:
lol black on the outside but white on the inside LOL. I'm not even black but I am more black than you :wink:
Reply 8
Lol I should probably add a disclaimer that I'm only asking a question
Reply 9
Original post by OddFuturez
lol black on the outside but white on the inside LOL. I'm not even black but I am more black than you :wink:

This is me basically lol The otherday someone said I act like a whiteboy
Reply 10

Yes, you are a very rare human being
None like I've ever seen/heard of before :s-smilie:
Didn't you just describe a roadman :rofl:
@Popsiclez
This is me basically lol The otherday someone said I act like a whiteboy

joking aside G, I've seen a lot of black people who don't do those things lol
Original post by OddFuturez
joking aside G, I've seen a lot of black people who don't do those things lol

No, the Conservative MP Kwasi Kwarteng is black and doesn't speak slang, so to answer the question, you're not the only one.
Reply 14

Lol.. pretty much me. :lol:

Without the Queen part... and Grime... kinda.
I listen to absolutely anything. (Minus ragga and typical gospel songs... and ofc classical music :puke: )

Remember bro.
Being unique is the way to go. Dont compare yourself/follow others :wink: You is you fam :P
#imgettingkindandhelpfulagain :woo:
Reading the OP I struggle actually to find the point of this thread.
@tavtavtav @LeyK @LordMallard @OddFuturez @Kiniun @Popsiclez

These guys are huge here in my country!

[video="youtube;cAVuIVbBuDY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAVuIVbBuDY[/video]
Reply 17
Original post by LeyK
Lol.. pretty much me. :lol:

Without the Queen part... and Grime... kinda.
I listen to absolutely anything. (Minus ragga and typical gospel songs... and ofc classical music :puke: )

Remember bro.
Being unique is the way to go. Dont compare yourself/follow others :wink: You is you fam :P
#imgettingkindandhelpfulagain :woo:

Thanks!
Oreo
If you are African you are not black period.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending