The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy ucas personal statement

I'm applying for physiotherapy for next year and was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to put in the personal statement. :smile:

It will be similar to medicine PSs in terms of the sorts of things you should include (but obviously relevant to physio specifically). So check out the subject-specific guidance on med PSs in my signature below :smile:

Why physiotherapy?

What experience have you done to know this is what you want to do? This is the place for work experience, and reflection on it (what you learnt, how it changed your views, how it secured your path to want to become a physiotherapist etc.)

Your academic stuff - be careful not to list here. Only use subjects that demonstrate something about you or why you want to do physiotherapy.

Any additional skills or achievements you have. Focus on showing off your skill-set here through projects you've organised, awards you've won etc. I find it useful to list every skill and attribute a physiotherapist should have, and match it to a bit of experience you have in gaining that skill. Then use that list to write your PS.

Give some indication that you know what to expect from the course, and from a future career.

Obviously that's not exhaustive and Interrobang has a great guide! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by antonyzac

Why physiotherapy?

What experience have you done to know this is what you want to do? This is the place for work experience, and reflection on it (what you learnt, how it changed your views, how it secured your path to want to become a physiotherapist etc.)

Your academic stuff - be careful not to list here. Only use subjects that demonstrate something about you or why you want to do physiotherapy.

Any additional skills or achievements you have. Focus on showing off your skill-set here through projects you've organised, awards you've won etc. I find it useful to list every skill and attribute a physiotherapist should have, and match it to a bit of experience you have in gaining that skill. Then use that list to write your PS.

Give some indication that you know what to expect from the course, and from a future career.

Obviously that's not exhaustive and Interrobang has a great guide! :smile:

Wow, Thank you for that, it really helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending