The Student Room Group

Very concerned about "political correctness" getting way out of hand

Anyone else know of this?

I dunno how many unis it's rising at but I know that in America it's just madness.

I'm not at uni anymore but I heard about this and wanted to discuss it with you guys.

In America, they are teaching PC culture but with the caveats of false statistics and intolerance towards people who are caucasion and people who are male. Censorship is getting way out of control too. If you don't believe me look it up! I found a great YouTube video on this which I could share but it's a bit extreme - if anyone is interested it's called "What is a Social Justice course?" by Sargon of Akkad. It's pretty chilling. I believe that Gender Studies is the only other course that sometimes pushes this but to a lesser degree.

I'm concerned that all this will breed an aggressive and intolerant culture at universities and maybe beyond and greatly mislead people with "ideology disguised as scholarship". University is a place for sharing ideas, meeting people and having fun, as well as simply learning. If this becomes mainstream then that will suffer immensely.

Thoughts? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
The left will do anything they can to silence freedom of speech and expression.

Political correctness was first widely adopted in Nazi Germany, one of the many things the left have took from that era.

How to beat it? I would like to say hope, but that will never work. For countries like the UK you need to accept the left have won and they have got their Utopia. There is nothing we can do.

Universities are terrible so don't think they will change. There is a reason the turnout at uni elections are in the single digits, no one cares. The iSoc and left wing societies put their people in power and they play child politics with the university. It's nothing to worry about
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Omen96
The left will do anything they can to silence freedom of speech and expression.

Political correctness was first widely adopted in Nazi Germany, one of the many things the left have took from that era.

How to beat it? I would like to say hope, but that will never work. For countries like the UK you need to accept the left have won and they have got their Utopia. There is nothing we can do.

Universities are terrible so don't think they will change. There is a reason the turnout at uni elections are in the single digits, no one cares. The iSoc and left wing societies put their people in power and they play child politics with the university. It's nothing to worry about

Nazi Nazi Nazi Germany Nazi Germany Germany Nasty Nazi Germany Nazi Nazi Germany Germany Germany Nasty Germany Nazi Germ Many Nasty Germany Nazi Germany :blah:
Reply 3
Original post by Melancholy
Nazi Nazi Nazi Germany Nazi Germany Germany Nasty Nazi Germany Nazi Nazi Germany Germany Germany Nasty Germany Nazi Germ Many Nasty Germany Nazi Germany :blah:

I will admit, I have no idea what you are going on about?
Nazi Germany.
Original post by Omen96

Nazi political correctness was the opposite of todays' because it was about hatred, not tolerance
Aryan supremacy, not anti racism
Warfare, not pacifism
etc
OP when we go to war we want to have people of other ethnicities fighting alongside us, they will bring something new to the table, as long as they don't betray us ofc, but they won't.
Reply 9
Original post by MagicNMedicine

Nazism first tested and tried widespread political correctness. At least this guy can admit it:

Original post by Multiculturalism
Nazi political correctness was the opposite of todays' because it was about hatred, not tolerance
Aryan supremacy, not anti racism
Warfare, not pacifism
etc

I said the Nazis used the first instance of political correctness, I never said they were the same. But you are wrong. Left wing political correctness is to silence those who the left disagree with. It makes the idea that the left are the true champions of freedom of speech all while being politically correct laughable

Quick Reply

Latest