The Student Room Group

too late for 2016/2017 gap year?

Hey,
I recently realised i'd made a mistake applying for 2016 entry as I really can't imagine going to uni this september. I now want to try and defer entry to 2017 and take a gap year.
However i was wondering when you need to book volunteering projects etc and if i was already too late? :s-smilie:

thx :smile:
Original post by elenaxxx
Hey,
I recently realised i'd made a mistake applying for 2016 entry as I really can't imagine going to uni this september. I now want to try and defer entry to 2017 and take a gap year.
However i was wondering when you need to book volunteering projects etc and if i was already too late? :s-smilie:

thx :smile:

It shouldnt be too late at all, you can apply for volunteering projects for next summer later on.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
It shouldnt be too late at all, you can apply for volunteering projects for next summer later on.

how long in advance do you usually have to apply for volunteering projects?
most websites i looked at didn't say... is it 3 months or 6 or more?
Original post by elenaxxx
how long in advance do you usually have to apply for volunteering projects?
most websites i looked at didn't say... is it 3 months or 6 or more?

I think ones like ics are around 6 months
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
I think ones like ics are around 6 months

thank you!:smile:
You're deffo not still too late, there are tons which are still available to book places for, I'm taking a gap year and have known for a while and I still haven't booked onto anything, I think it's just whether or not some programs are popular or not, but most are probs still available

Quick Reply

Latest