The Student Room Group

asian men beat their women?

Scroll to see replies

*small girl or boy
Original post by Anonymous
It's because of the culture. I can't believe no-one else has said anything. It does happen! People making it out like the vast majority of asian men don't hurt their wives is a joke, it does happen.

Our generation not so much but our parents generation definitely.

They don't just their wives, they hit their children. I don't know why anyone would hit a small girl, but whatever, each to their own.

If you're underage you should seek protection seriously
If you're an adult get the **** outta there, a little bit of rebellion is ok if your life is at stake!
I know for a fact it happens, I've seen it, ppl here are saying it happens, I've read about it, they kill their kids for stupidness, "honour" killings like why are ppl lying or tiptoeing about the truth, and swearing behind anonymous if you say so. Psssh. lmao.
In all honestly, most Pakistani men don't beat there women. However we can't deny that in Pashtun and Punjabi (religious Punjabis from Pakistan) they will beat there wives. Reason being is that there culture is depedant on women being obedient to there husbands, if there not, then they will use violence. My dad used to beat my mum so I know.

Speak out mate and try to provide your own living so you can get away from that nonsense and not repeat such a disturbed "tradition" :\
Original post by 0to100
If you're underage you should seek protection seriously
If you're an adult get the **** outta there, a little bit of rebellion is ok if your life is at stake!
I know for a fact it happens, I've seen it, ppl here are saying it happens, I've read about it, they kill their kids for stupidness, "honour" killings like why are ppl lying or tiptoeing about the truth, and swearing behind anonymous if you say so. Psssh. lmao.

I'm 18, it's okay he isn't violent anymore but VERY disrespectful. It's the culture and can't deny it.
To be fair with you, I don't see how "muslims" account for all asians, it isnt, its hindus/sikhs/christians because its a south asian thing. That doesen't mean white people/black people dont hit their kids, because trust me they do and they do it tens time worster. Just look at the British statistics of women killed by domestic violence.

Let's reel this back to the thread question yeah? He's asking about Asians, stop deflecting jesus christ lmao.
Original post by 0to100
You bolded this:

i dont like Asian men ( pakis and benaglis). the violent ones not all some are good but then you have some disgusting ones.

that the other guy said
NOWHERE HERE does it say ONLY in asian homes. He even emphasizes SOME

Okay...
And I said 'there are disgusting men in every race not just Asian!'.

Why are you getting upset?
I'm 18, it's okay he isn't violent anymore but VERY disrespectful. It's the culture and can't deny it.

I hear ya, and that's good. It's a serious shame :\
Are you Indian?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShiningNights

Why are you getting upset?

No one's upset but you;re playing stupid right now saying he said ALL asians do it when you said so with a quote that literally said SOME. I have to CAPS lock because maybe you have trouble seeing things...also you're equivocating like a mofo. It's annoying speaking to ppl who deflect deflect deflect. You came here to deny not be honest. If you don't wanna answer and get backlash for it post anon, but why're you denying? Smh.
Original post by 0to100
Speak out mate and try to provide your own living so you can get away from that nonsense and not repeat such a disturbed "tradition" :\

It won't change for a long time.
It's quite common in South Asian families. I'm Pakistani and I have witnessed this right before my eyes, I've even been a victim of abuse. It came to the point where violence was the norm and I couldn't see anything past it.

I have seen my mum being physically beaten. I have been physically beaten. I'm grown now, it doesn't happen much- but the verbal abuse does continue. It's sad that you have to live under the same roof with the person who has caused you so much pain for so many years.

When we bring it up to try and get an explanation as to why he did it, he denys certain memories and even the serverity of how it happened.

Anyways, coming from a Asian school and college I've learnt that this is mostly common. But with the newer generation, this cult of violence is slowly fading out.
Original post by 0to100
No one's upset but you;re playing stupid right now saying he said ALL asians do it when you said so with a quote that literally said SOME. I have to CAPS lock because maybe you have trouble seeing things...also you're equivocating like a mofo. It's annoying speaking to ppl who deflect deflect deflect. You came here to deny not be honest. If you don't wanna answer and get backlash for it post anon, but why're you denying? Smh.

I never said he said all Asians.
He said SOME Asian men are disgusting and I wanted to remind him that men in other races can be disgusting too.

No need to be upset.. and don't worry I don't have trouble seeing.
You just have trouble accepting people can have opinions too.
It won't change for a long time.

It can if the victims step away from it with their own kids. Surely hitting ppl isn't the primary representation of being Muslim or Asian...right? So if you don't hit ppl are you being less Muslim, less Asian? I would like to think not.
I never said he said all Asians.
He said SOME Asian men are disgusting and I wanted to remind him that men in other races can be disgusting too.

No need to be upset.. and don't worry I don't have trouble seeing.
You just have trouble accepting people can have opinions too.

Listen you, read the anonymous below. You're the only one still here lying and denying and arguing wordplay.

It's quite common in South Asian families. I'm Pakistani and I have witnessed this right before my eyes, I've even been a victim of abuse. It came to the point where violence was the norm and I couldn't see anything past it.

I have seen my mum being physically beaten. I have been physically beaten. I'm grown now, it doesn't happen much- but the verbal abuse does continue. It's sad that you have to live under the same roof with the person who has caused you so much pain for so many years.

When we bring it up to try and get an explanation as to why he did it, he denys certain memories and even the serverity of how it happened.

Anyways, coming from a Asian school and college I've learnt that this is mostly common. But with the newer generation, this cult of violence is slowly fading out.

That's good and this is a shame really. Anyone who resorts to violence especially against weaker ppl than the individual is sick and has a pillow in hell waiting for em for sure if there is a hell lol
Original post by 0to100
It can if the victims step away from it with their own kids. Surely hitting ppl isn't the primary representation of being Muslim or Asian...right? So if you don't hit ppl are you being less Muslim, less Asian? I would like to think not.

It's highly cultural, though it is common amongst men from Pakistan, I would be surprised to hear if it came form a UK Born Pakistani, if it is they are probably a very high chance there a sleaze bag
It's highly cultural, though it is common amongst men from Pakistan, I would be surprised to hear if it came form a UK Born Pakistani, if it is they are probably a very high chance there a sleaze bag

Well men from Pakistan and UK born pakistanis are a shade of the same are they not? Since the tradition is so hard to break, right? Then they're continuing those sometimes depraved traditions...elsewhere, 9/10.
Original post by 0to100
Listen you, read the anonymous below. You're the only one still here lying and denying and arguing wordplay.

I agree that SOME Asian men can cause violence, just like SOME Black and White men.

I agree that SOME Asian men do beat their women, just like SOME Black and White men.

Happy?
Interesting.. A lot of the Asians I know tell me their fathers have never hit anyone.

that's pretty funny since my dad's hit me plenty before
Original post by fatima1998
NOO THEY DONT :huff: my dad never ever try to hit my mum :noway: some cannot control their anger/frustration and ended up doing silly things

sure?

my dad has hit my mum before......
Original post by 0to100

That's good and this is a shame really. Anyone who resorts to violence especially against weaker ppl than the individual is sick and has a pillow in hell waiting for em for sure if there is a hell lol

Idk about that, sometimes I tell myself that they have their own demons to battle- maybe that's why they resort to violence? But still that's NO excuse to inflict abuse on people. It's just sad, I've always tried to see the better from people, in situations like this, I can't :/ but I'll have to move on from this and change this backward thinking

Eradicate this comepletly
Original post by thefatone
that's pretty funny since my dad's hit me plenty before

Well am sorry that did happen to you. :smile:
But just because it did happen to you doesn't mean it happens in every household.

Quick Reply