The Student Room Group

Racism. Major UK corporation only accepting job applications from white people.

Oh, wait, no...they are only accepting job applications from black people and ethnic minorities. http://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunities White people: move to the back of the bus.

The name of the corporation? The BBC.

Here's the message from the BBC: 'black people can only be understood by other black people. The notion that a white person is in any way representative of a black person is ridiculous. Black people are to be defined by their ethnicity, not their individualism.'

Of course, thank you, BBC. You have just legitimised white supremacy. White people: remember, only white people can represent and understand you. From now, just vote and trade white. For every white victory, declare it a victory for yourself - you are your ethnicity, it's how you are defined and it's all that you are.'

It's called progressivism, get with it. It's the way forward.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The problem is that white people standing up for themselves is often dubbed white-supremacy when it isn't by any relevant or meaningful definition. On the other hand a lot of white people standing up for themselves are often paranoid when there isn't a real threat. In this case, it's not paranoia though. What this charity and cohorts are doing is really counter productive and clearly racist.
Oh, go to bed.
What the fu*k
Original post by ImmunetoShaming
Oh, wait, no...they are only accepting job applications from black people and ethnic minorities. http://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunities White people: move to the back of the bus.

Here's the message from the BBC: 'black people can only be understood by other black people. The notion that a white person is in any way representative of a black person is ridiculous. Black people are to be defined by their ethnicity, not their individualism.'

Of course, thank you, BBC. You have just legitimised white supremacy. White people: remember, only white people can represent and understand you. From now, just vote and trade white. For every white victory, declare it a victory for yourself - you are your ethnicity, it's how you are defined and it's all that you are.'

Holy mother of f*ck that's awful! And the terrible thing is I watch shows from the BBC everyday! I am shocked at this regressive reverse racism, and I say that as someone with my own fair share of non-white ancestry!

Like, imagine if it was only open to white people? There would be an outcry... I appreciate that some ethnic groups are at a disadvantage but we need to focus on assimilation, education and meritocracy - not positive discrimination and reverse racism!

Makes my blood boil.
Reply 5
Stop paying your goddamn TV licence!
Original post by Jebedee
Stop paying your goddamn TV licence!

I stopped paying my TV license and watching the BBC, and thus legitimising its white hate, in 2009. Netflix is getting just as bad, mind you.
Reply 7
Original post by ivybridge
Oh, go to bed.

well, that was a well reasoned rebuttal it really revealed the fallacies of his arguement. good job.

Spoiler

Reply 8
Oh, go to bed.

why are you dismissing the calling out of institutional racism
Reply 9
Original post by MrControversial
The problem is that white people standing up for themselves is often dubbed white-supremacy when it isn't by any relevant or meaningful definition. On the other hand a lot of white people standing up for themselves are often paranoid when there isn't a real threat. In this case, it's not paranoia though. What this charity and cohorts are doing is really counter productive and clearly racist.

What is so important about being white? You're overstating how precious being white is, race is a false and deceptive social construct.
I stopped paying my TV license and watching the BBC, and thus legitimising its white hate, in 2009. Netflix is getting just as bad, mind you.

You mean with the new deal they signed for 10 eps of "dear white people"? With that Soros cash you can get any racist crap aired on TV.
This is actually wrong. People should be hired based on how good they are for the job, not their race or sex, except for certain things like acting. However, these jobs don't need someone of that race anyway so it is completely wrong to hire only people of a certain race.
If our national broadcaster is legitimising white hatred and non-white ethnocentrism, why can't we, as the voting public, vote in-line with our ethnicity? Why should we vote for our own demotion to the rank of 'social outcasts'? The state funds the BBC and the state is clearly legitimising this approach by proxy, otherwise it would be outlawed.

Their principle is unequivocal: 'we're going to prioritise people based on the colour of their skin.' The only difference between this and the prioritisation of white people is practical, not moral. All they've done is reverse an age-old prejudice.

What right do they, or any other progressive advocating this message, have to argue with my logic? So, from this day forth, owing to the hatred advocated by the BBC, I choose to denounce (genuine) liberalism and adopt the identity politics they wish for me to adopt: I'm going to vote white, and male. It is 2016, after all, and this is the way forward.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by jambojim97
Holy mother of f*ck that's awful! And the terrible thing is I watch shows from the BBC everyday! I am shocked at this regressive reverse racism, and I say that as someone with my own fair share of non-white ancestry!

Like, imagine if it was only open to white people? There would be an outcry... I appreciate that some ethnic groups are at a disadvantage but we need to focus on assimilation, education and meritocracy - not positive discrimination and reverse racism!

Makes my blood boil.

Uk are mostly inbred, it's time to reach out genetically to buffer your inherited health problems.
Original post by difeo
why are you dismissing the calling out of institutional racism

I'm not, it's horrendous. However, it's just constant whining on this forum. Constant. Every hour.
Oh, go to bed.

so you don't care about racism?
I'm always quite bemused by the idea of only accepting applications from certain social groups - what ever happened to selecting someone based on merit? Plus, to give particular social groups (be that based on gender, sexuality, or ethnicity etc.) a leg up is extremely patronising and suggests that they need to bar lowering for them to help them achieve their dream job.
Reply 17

Say that you identify as black.
Original post by toronto353
I'm always quite bemused by the idea of only accepting applications from certain social groups - what ever happened to selecting someone based on merit? Plus, to give particular social groups (be that based on gender, sexuality, or ethnicity etc.) a leg up is extremely patronising and suggests that they need to bar lowering for them to help them achieve their dream job.

So you are determining that 'black' and 'white' are social groups? No, they are ethnicities. Black people, or white people, don't think alike, behave alike, or talk alike through virtue of common skin colour - there's no commonality. Identity can't be arbitrary in one context then applicable the next - it either matters or it doesn't.

Let's call these social groups you refer to what they are: ethnic classifications.
Original post by Josb
Say that you identify as black.

I'm a black, asexual, transsexual, gender neutral goth hybrid. That must score me at least 10 points on the progressive stack?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending