The Student Room Group

Am I Only black person that don't speak slang or listen to that Grime or Rap music?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jibola240
Oreo

Ayyy I get it ha thats pretty funny......ha.
What does vexxed mean? Sorry, I'm more hip to the American slang.

Oh, yeah. Don't pride yourself as not being ghetto as a black person. Once you graduate from HS, you'll meet other blacks. I also attend a school like that. Its where those people come that makes ghetto.
Reply 22
Original post by SmileyVibe
What does vexxed mean? Sorry, I'm more hip to the American slang.

Oh, yeah. Don't pride yourself as not being ghetto as a black person. Once you graduate from HS, you'll meet other blacks. I also attend a school like that. Its where those people come that makes ghetto.

It means angry/hostile when in an arguement and the person will be like "Yo man don't make man vexxed before I knock you out fam"
Not to sure who you're trying to impress here actually. With the over exaggeration and all sorts. it's like you're begging for acceptance from someone.
Original post by blackstar101204
If you are African you are not black period.....

That would mean that black as a race would cease to exist :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Popsiclez
Apart from a few other black people I know in my school I've noticed this trend of that slang people use "init doe man is vexxed?" and "Nah u must be dizzy fam" Yet I just speak normal English. And they seem to listen to that grime music that you can hear blazing out their earphones on the 3:20 bus, which I just hate and don't listen to I don't hear any rhythm or sensical lyrics or nice flowing backing music. The best I listen to is Old rock bands like Queen.

I also don't dress much as most of the black people in my school they have that boxed haircut where its just hair on the top of their head and cut off around the sides with fancy designs. But I just have short normal black hair that I don't really alter. I really act nothing like my race stereotypes lol.

Would you like a biscuit or a bone?
No, I think there is like 5 others in Africa
Original post by cherryred90s
Would you like a biscuit or a bone?

Speaking of bones, I just resisted every bone in my body about making a racist joke about another thing beginning with b
That would mean that black as a race would cease to exist and we'd have to resort to ticking 'other' :colonhash:

I'd actually argue that Africans are far closer to white people than actual black people. They have a fundamentally different attitude. For the average black person the very thought of leaving the house without having a shower is inconceivable, yet Africans seemingly do this all the time, Black people tend to be meticulous about combing their hair yet from what I have seen many African people seemingly leave the house without combing their hair also I rarely ever see black people sharing drinks other people (this is because we know all too well the hygiene risk of such activities), Africans however do not seem to follow suit, the amount of times i've seen Africans sharing drinks with other people is to numerous to count. The general conclusion amongst the West Indian community is that Africans are not black but are in fact white people in disguise.
(edited 7 years ago)
"Too black for the white kids, and too white for the blacks"

- Earl Sweatshirt
I'd actually argue that Africans are far closer to white people than actual black people. They have a fundamentally different attitude. For the average black person the very thought of leaving the house without having a shower is inconceivable, yet Africans seemingly do this all the time, Black people tend to be meticulous about combing their hair yet from what I have seen many African people seemingly leave the house without combing their hair also I rarely ever see black people sharing drinks other people (this is because we know all too well the hygiene risk of such activities), Africans however do not seem to follow suit, the amount of times i've seen Africans sharing drinks with other people is to numerous to count. The general conclusion amongst the West Indian community is that Africans are not black but are in fact white people in disguise.

This is all based on your own subjective and bias judgement. The environment in which you live will hugely impact on things like hygiene. West Indian people living in the Caribbean will most likely follow the same suit that you are insulting. You are also failing to mention that every black West Indian is of African descent, so if Africans are white then so are West Indians. I'm tired of this stupid division, we are ALL BLACK.
This is all based on your own subjective and bias judgement. The environment in which you live will hugely impact on things like hygiene. West Indian people living in the Caribbean will most likely follow the same suit that you are insulting. You are also failing to mention that every black West Indian is of African descent, so if Africans are white then so are West Indians. I'm tired of this stupid division, we are ALL BLACK.

You could not be more incorrect, indeed West Indians are of African decent but because Africans sold us into slavery we are also of white, Indian and various other decent. That kind of makes us distinct from Africans, the division was created a long time ago by Africans themselves. I have even tried to claim that I am African in the past only to be told by Africans that I am not African because i am descended from slaves and that i am essentially a mongrel.
You could not be more incorrect, indeed West Indians are of African decent but because Africans sold us into slavery we are also of white, Indian and various other decent. That kind of makes us distinct from Africans, the division was created a long time ago by Africans themselves. I have even tried to claim that I am African in the past only to be told by Africans that I am not African because i am descended from slaves and that i am essentially a mongrel.

Whoever told you that was wrong. If you can embrace your Indian and white descent, why do you reject your African descent? It's the one which just so happens to represent you the most. You are not distinct, we are all black.
If you are, then you are the only black person I like.

That about sums it up really. The imported US black culture really sucks. I personally would like to see black people come here to be British rather than come here to be black or rather gangsta rappers. The belief system in the US is that black people must be separate and must have their own culture, etc. It is self-perpetuating segregation.
Whoever told you that was wrong. If you can embrace your Indian and white descent, why do you reject your African descent? It's the one which just so happens to represent you the most. You are not distinct, we are all black.

We Don't reject it and yes indeed WE are black but Africans are not. The reason for this is simple. The very term black was a category given to 'Africans' who were descended from slaves since Africans from Africa apart from Liberians) are not descended from slaves, they do not legitimately have the title of black, they are simply just Africans. People call Africans black out of pure ignorance and the fact that they look fairly similar to black people but as I said Africans are not black.
We Don't reject it and yes indeed WE are black but Africans are not. The reason for this is simple. The very term black was a category given to 'Africans' who were descended from slaves since Africans from Africa apart from Liberians) are not descended from slaves, they do not legitimately have the title of black, they are simply just Africans. People call Africans black out of pure ignorance and the fact that they look fairly similar to black people but as I said Africans are not black.

You have some quite strange views on this. You are young and this is obviously something you are struggling with.

The Africans that were taken as slaves were still Africans. They are not equated merely because they look similar, they came from the same gene pool not so long ago.

Those that were taken from Africa centuries ago however may now exhibit some genetic differences. For one there will have been more mixture, they are more likely to have some non-African blood in them. The other thing is that there might be some peculiars regarding genetic variation which can go either this way or that.

Nearly all of the difference however is cultural. The Africans that were taken for slavery spent centuries, generation after generation with Europeans and European defined cultures.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Elise213
Not to sure who you're trying to impress here actually. With the over exaggeration and all sorts. it's like you're begging for acceptance from someone.

If thats what you think for asking a simple question.
Original post by MrControversial
You have some quite strange views on this. You are young and this is obviously something you are struggling with.

The Africans that were taken as slaves were still Africans. They are not equated merely because they look similar, they came from the same gene pool not so long ago.

Those that were taken from Africa centuries ago however may now exhibit some genetic differences. For one there will have been more mixture, they are more likely to have some non-African blood in them. The other thing is that there might be some peculiars regarding genetic variation which can go either this way or that.

Nearly all of the difference however is cultural. The Africans that were taken for slavery spent centuries, generation after generation with Europeans and European defined cultures.

This is true and i am not denying the relationship between Africans and west Indians, we are virtually the same but you cannot deny that their are some major differences. For instance my mum is 1/4 Indian and my dad's half Portuguese of my 2 other black grandparents both of them have non African DNA as well. That would make me like 60 something percent African and 30 something percent non African. Calling me an African is like calling a Latino person an Aztec, yes they are mostly similar but genetically there are some huge differences. I do agree with you that the majority of the difference is cultural.
Slang sounds so corny and odd when British people say it. British accent is too sophisticated like Victorian days and castles.
Original post by chickenfoot
congratulations.

now shut up.

hahahaha

Original post by Popsiclez
This is me basically lol The otherday someone said I act like a whiteboy

And someone said I act like a black boy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending