The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by pistis
I applied to sheffield hallam but my application is with nominating agency 1 and my agency input has not been filled. please what does it mean? anyone in my condition? actually i have been expecting a regret mail from them since after April 30 . Does it mean error or what? @pompey

Gud morning we only kno that if ur agency input has been filled that ur a reserve for sure,although ppl are claiming that once its there padr the 30th u r a resrrve based on what they have read on other forums.... with that said i would recommend emailing the university directly to kno for sure ,otherwise we can just speculate. Also i seem to remember ppl discussing nominations from the uni higher up in this thread, double chk there abd u may ascertain how many ppl were nominated or r reserves etc
Original post by Pompey4
Hi Soulhighman. Accept my apologies for a delayed response. I was nominated for MSc Waste and Clean Technologies which course were you reserved for?

Brother, I have finally gotten a regret mail from csc on behalf of Exeter. It reads "Thank you for your application for a Commonwealth
Shared Scholarship. I regret to inform you that,
following a rigorous selection process, your
application was unsuccessful. The funding attracts a
large number of applications for a limited number of
awards, so therefore many strong applications are
unsuccessful.
If you have been made an offer to study at the
University of your choice, you may wish to contact
the relevant Postgraduate Admissions team to see if
there is any alternative funding available.
This message has been automatically generated by
the EAS on behalf of University of Exeter."

So brother my only hope now is UWS. Out of the courses they support, biotechnology seems to be the only course so close to Waste and clean Technologies.
So I guess I am the reserve. You can be of help here, I believe.
Thanks.
A Nigerian in the reserve here. Fervently praying.
Reply 1083
Original post by Soulhighman
A Nigerian in the reserve here. Fervently praying.

soulhighman. please call me. check your inbox.
Thanks pals
@ Kuchikau the university said no one has declined the offer for UoL
lets hope miracles might happen along the way.

Wish you well
We should kindly assist one another. That is a sure way to be blessed. Thanks Let me wait for me reserves fates
Hello People, I am new here.

Is there anyone here / knows someone who got nominated by Warwick for Commonwealth shared scholarship award for Economics or International finance ? Any information on this will be really helpful.

Thanks
Reply 1087
Hi everyone? I'm new here...but is there anyone who applied to UCL? any feedback? i got mail from UCL that i had been shortlisted to be in the final selection round on 29th April..so i waited but my EAS portal had the agency input unfilled up until that 29th..recently emailed UCL concerning that..got no reply and just today, noticed my application had disappeared from the portal. no regret mails from either the university or CSC...really confused here..anybody with a clue on what's up?
Original post by Akonya
Hi everyone? I'm new here...but is there anyone who applied to UCL? any feedback? i got mail from UCL that i had been shortlisted to be in the final selection round on 29th April..so i waited but my EAS portal had the agency input unfilled up until that 29th..recently emailed UCL concerning that..got no reply and just today, noticed my application had disappeared from the portal. no regret mails from either the university or CSC...really confused here..anybody with a clue on what's up?

Check your spam folder... The regret mail might be chilling right there.
Hi all

I have a query

Do the nominees have an option to decline the nomination at this stage? Or could they only do so when they get an approval from the CSC, sometime in June?

Thanks
Original post by McHappyness
Hi all

I have a query

Do the nominees have an option to decline the nomination at this stage? Or could they only do so when they get an approval from the CSC, sometime in June?

Thanks

You can decline nominations at this stage. This is more preferable and advised as many are waiting on reserve and the quicker the decision is made, the quicker the process can be finalized for those on reserve.

Thus, if you have more than one nomination and are sure of the one you want,
write an email to the University you are declining the nomination from, thank them for such a privilege of being nominated but then you regretfully have to turn down the nomination.

For the university you prefer, make sure you write an email thanking them for nominating you and confirming that you accept the nomination and are delighted and looking forward to studying with them (something like that.)

Please be 100% sure of your nomination to the university you want. You can request for a confirmation email from that university if they have not sent you an email yet.
I would advise you to think through carefully because once the nomination is turned down, there is no going back. Good luck and I hope that answers your question
Hi all

I have a query

Thanks

Great username :smile:.

You can decline informally now, or more formally at the end of June.

Were you nominated?
Hi all

I have a query

Thanks

You can decline, This will be possible if you write an email to the university as said in earlier. This gives the reserves and opportunity to get the nominations. However you must be very sure of the other nomination.
Dear all,
My friend applied to Durham University for CSS and her application is now with CSC? His referees are requested to send scanned and signed reference in the institutional headed papers to CSC.

CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM WHAT'S HIS CHANCES NOW TO GET SCHOLARSHIP AT THIS STAGE?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Trail-Blazer
You can decline nominations at this stage. This is more preferable and advised as many are waiting on reserve and the quicker the decision is made, the quicker the process can be finalized for those on reserve.

Thus, if you have more than one nomination and are sure of the one you want,
write an email to the University you are declining the nomination from, thank them for such a privilege of being nominated but then you regretfully have to turn down the nomination.

For the university you prefer, make sure you write an email thanking them for nominating you and confirming that you accept the nomination and are delighted and looking forward to studying with them (something like that.)

Please be 100% sure of your nomination to the university you want. You can request for a confirmation email from that university if they have not sent you an email yet.
I would advise you to think through carefully because once the nomination is turned down, there is no going back. Good luck and I hope that answers your question

Hi Trail-Blaze, Thank you for responding. Really helpful :smile:
Original post by Greenfish16
Great username :smile:.

You can decline informally now, or more formally at the end of June.

Were you nominated?

Hi Greenfish, Thank you :smile:

I have not been nominated. But I am on the first reserve for Warwick. I was just trying to understand if it is ok to expect the nominee to decline it later, if he/she hasn't declined it so far.
Original post by Richard Lee
You can decline, This will be possible if you write an email to the university as said in earlier. This gives the reserves and opportunity to get the nominations. However you must be very sure of the other nomination.

Thanks Richard Lee for responding :smile:
Any Southampton nominee that has other offers? Please help a reserve candidate here
A nigerian and a reserve for southampton in the room, just wondering how my chances may play out
Please if you know any southampton scholar awardee yet to accept and has other offers please help me get to him/her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending