The Student Room Group

Dentistry and economics?

For dentistry, you can only pick four universities so my fifth choice must be a different course. Can I pick economics as my fifth course? Or is it too unrelated?
Reply 1
I picked Computer Science at UCL and I got an offer. Never think that 0.01% chance of getting an offer isn't worth it!

If you want to study Dentistry and certainly nothing else then it would probably be best if you do a science degree (I've seen people apply from Biomed etc) and then apply for Dentistry again after that degree if you don't get any. Or take a gap year.

But don't chose something you definitely do not want to do.
Reply 2
Original post by Susta1nz
I picked Computer Science at UCL and I got an offer. Never think that 0.01% chance of getting an offer isn't worth it!

If you want to study Dentistry and certainly nothing else then it would probably be best if you do a science degree (I've seen people apply from Biomed etc) and then apply for Dentistry again after that degree if you don't get any. Or take a gap year.

But don't chose something you definitely do not want to do.

Economics isn't something I don't want to do, it is by far my favourite subject at school and has great job prospects, however I don't know if a personal statement centred around dentistry would allow me to apply for economics too

Quick Reply

Latest