The Student Room Group

Do you think this girl is pretty?

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone considered that the girl may be wearing the hijab because of her religious and cultural restrictions; I know some muslim girls who have to wear the hijab by nature of the oppressive culture.

Then make up is her way of reclaiming some aspect of liberation and still feeling feminine and pretty?

I don't understand why so many people in this thread think that hijab and make up are mutually exclusive. I mean I understand the point logically but I'm pretty sure a lot of girls aren't currently wearing a hijab to cover themselves or reduce their noticeability; it's more just a traditional thing and we should be celebrating her use of make up not damning it and judging her as its a step in the right direction for these women who remain so oppressed within their religion and culture both here and abroad.

Edit: as I'm not someone who has ever worn a hijab I thought I should probably verify the above somewhat. Found this quote about hijab and make-up

Contrary to popular perceptions by Muslims and non-Muslims, the original purpose of hijab/burqa in the Quran was not to hide women or decrease their attractiveness, but differentiate Muslim women from non-Muslim women. The Quran does provide a dress code to promote modesty, but this dress code does not include hijab to cover the hair or a burqa to cover the body.

Allah provides 2 distinct types of guidance to women on dress. The first relates to modesty which is actually similar to modern dress standards. The second relates to easily identifying Muslim women, which is where the hijab/burqa requirements come from. In either case, modern make-up neither violates the letter or the intent of Allah's commands which were never designed to make women unattractive.
(edited 7 years ago)
She looks flawless :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
She looks flawless :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you not see the hijab?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Christ, I'm sick of these 'ewwwww make yo' comments. Most likely she does not wear this much make up on a normal day, she seems to be a make up artist. But so what if she does? It's her choice, she enjoys doing it and wearing it, his does that affect you? The guys here hating girls who wear make up are probably saying 'I love girls who wear no make up' and think that if a girl hasn't got obvious eyeshadow if lipstick she must be make up free. Ha ha ha. No, she is totally not.
Original post by saladays
Christ, I'm sick of these 'ewwwww make yo' comments. Most likely she does not wear this much make up on a normal day, she seems to be a make up artist. But so what if she does? It's her choice, she enjoys doing it and wearing it, his does that affect you? The guys here hating girls who wear make up are probably saying 'I love girls who wear no make up' and think that if a girl hasn't got obvious eyeshadow if lipstick she must be make up free. Ha ha ha. No, she is totally not.

So essentially we can't have an opinion on something because you don't like it?

Jog on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
So essentially we can't have an opinion on something because you don't like it?

Jog on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao, when did I say you can't have an opinion? I said I'm sick of the comments, not "you can't post them".
Original post by saladays
Lmao, when did I say you can't have an opinion? I said I'm sick of the comments, not "you can't post them".

One in the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
One in the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, no, it's literally not.
Reply 68
Yes, I think she's beautiful irrespective of the amount of makeup that she is wearing. Myself personally, I don't particularly like to judge. I don't wear makeup myself, or a hijab. Technically, most people considered pretty in the media wear a lot of makeup themselves so I don't think it's fair to criticise her for doing so as well.

On the contrary, why are we judging this woman based on her appearance? Shouldn't she be judged on her attributes instead?
Original post by ShiningNights
https://www.youtube.com/user/chinutay/videos

I know!! It's like they don't want her to dress like this but when she dresses in all black they make a fuss as well.

Ah, I've come across her channel before.

She's actually stunning even without the makeup. I wish I was that pretty.

I know. It's like, just let people do whatever tf they want with their lives.

Quick Reply