The Student Room Group

Can a straight man find other men to be attractive?

I think not, as I would assume he is closeted

Scroll to see replies

The reason men groom themselves is because they desire to be as attractive as other men.
Reply 2
Attractive and good looking essentially mean the same thing. It's only gay if you're sexually attractive to other men.
Attractive in what sense?. You can think a guy is handsome without wanting to sleep with them?, more in the sense of thats the type of guy that gets the girls
Original post by kkboyk
Attractive and good looking essentially mean the same thing. It's only gay if you're sexually attractive to other men.

This ^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Blue_Mason
I think not, as I would assume he is closeted

Yes of course!
I think everyone is a little bit gay for Jensen Ackles.
Of course
Definitely. Me and my ex used to tease each other by pointing out attractive people to each other.

It's useful knowing, recognising and highlighting attractive traits and features in your own sex. It makes it a lot easier to make yourself appear attractive.

You can recognise when someone is 'ugly', so why would it suddenly be 'gay' if you recognised someone as being attractive? Surely by pointing out that someone isn't attractive then you're saying you're not attracted to them? It's a moot point.
Reply 9
Original post by bethanystephens

More than just a little :daydreaming: :love:
To OP, difference between visually attractive and sexual attraction is key here.

Tho being bi I can't talk tbh
Yes they bloody can. Is someone a little insecure about their sexuality?
btw... everyone is at least a little bit gay :wink:
Original post by loveleest
Yes they bloody can. Is someone a little insecure about their sexuality?
btw... everyone is at least a little bit gay :wink:

No, you're either gay or straight as there is no proven scientific reason or fact to prove your point.
You must pick one, as you cannot be both
Attractive in general, as in they can appreciate how they would be attractive to a woman or another man, then yes.

Attractive to them, sexually or romantically.. they are not straight. :redface:

Never heard of him?
I'm just gonna second (fourteenth?) pretty much what everyone else has said - finding someone good looking/attractive/however you want to word it doesn't mean you want to screw or date them, it just means you think they have a nicely arranged face. The fact the person in question is a man is irrelevant (girls saying other girls are pretty is supportive, but if a guy says another guy is good looking it means he's attracted to him? :confused:)
I'm ace, but I'm not mysteriously missing the ability to judge whether someone's aesthetically pleasing or not.
For example I could say bob is handsome or a good looking fella, but I cannot say that bob is attractive.

Original post by Alexion
More than just a little :daydreaming: :love:

Naa.

Everyone's a little bit gay for the Constantine actor though. :love:

As someone once said, he's a special kind of yummy. :wink:
I just remembered about a previous thread you made.

I wonder, is this thread going to digress into a same-sex love thread like one of your previous ones did. :laugh:
(Soz, too funny.)

You're kinda asking for it.
Original post by Blue_Mason
For example I could say bob is handsome or a good looking fella, but I cannot say that bob is attractive.

You can say he's attractive. Not necessarily that you're attracted to him, but that's a different point.

Quick Reply

Latest