The Student Room Group

Bricking it

Is anyone else absolutely sh-Ing themselves for the AS Level exams?

I'm not "winging it", as such, I have done revision and am continuing to do so, but I could've done so, so much more..

I'm so scared I'm literally in tears, I'm only so worried because I have high expectations of myself (and my family have them too), and I want a good grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya!

If you've done revision, then you shouldn't really be so worried about not doing well. Try not to panic about the exams, you can only do your best, and worrying won't help anything :hugs:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hiya!

If you've done revision, then you shouldn't really be so worried about not doing well. Try not to panic about the exams, you can only do your best, and worrying won't help anything :hugs:

Thanks, I know I can only try my best but I've not done because I could've done more revision, you know? What level education are you at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lahmejacks
Thanks, I know I can only try my best but I've not done because I could've done more revision, you know? What level education are you at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you mean, but all you can do now is make the most of the remaining time before the exams. Don't stress about what you could've done, you can't get that time back so there's no point worrying about it (although I know that's easier said than done!).

I'm on a gap year right now, I completed my A Levels last year :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey, what are your alevels?
Original post by bethanystephens
Hey, what are your alevels?

Spanish, Sociology, Music Tech and EngLang

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know what you mean, but all you can do now is make the most of the remaining time before the exams. Don't stress about what you could've done, you can't get that time back so there's no point worrying about it (although I know that's easier said than done!).

I'm on a gap year right now, I completed my A Levels last year :smile:

How did they go? :smile: and how was your nerves leading up to them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did they go? :smile: and how was your nerves leading up to them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most of my exams went quite well, I got ABB in the end!

My nerves actually weren't too bad, honestly! I think that by the time my A Level exams came around, I'd already done so many with my GCSEs, that they didn't seem like such a big deal anymore. I just went and tried my best, and accepted that that was all I could do :smile:

I did start to struggle towards the end of my exams though, and I had a hard time with the final 1 or 2. I'd found one of the exams for my best subject really tough, and that totally knocked my confidence! So then I felt nervous for the rest of them, but things didn't turn out too badly in the end :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to think of it in terms of doing your best between now and the end of the exam. You can think about what you didnt do long after the exams, but for now, worrying will not get you extra marks.
Most of my exams went quite well, I got ABB in the end!

My nerves actually weren't too bad, honestly! I think that by the time my A Level exams came around, I'd already done so many with my GCSEs, that they didn't seem like such a big deal anymore. I just went and tried my best, and accepted that that was all I could do :smile:

I did start to struggle towards the end of my exams though, and I had a hard time with the final 1 or 2. I'd found one of the exams for my best subject really tough, and that totally knocked my confidence! So then I felt nervous for the rest of them, but things didn't turn out too badly in the end :h:

That's really good, good for you. Are you at UNI now? I have my sociology tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 999tigger
You need to think of it in terms of doing your best between now and the end of the exam. You can think about what you didnt do long after the exams, but for now, worrying will not get you extra marks.

Good idea, thank you haha :smile: I've got this inkling I'm going to have to resit the year but hey

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's really good, good for you. Are you at UNI now? I have my sociology tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'm on a gap year currently, I decided at the last minute that I wasn't ready for uni last year. Best of luck for your sociology exam! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest