The Student Room Group

Girls, why do you take so long to reply

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Umm because girls have brains and they think before they type anything
in my case - I am not actually on my phone the whole time, so I reply when I can.
I guess people play 'texting games' as they don't want to appear as being 'desparate'

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long is 'long'?

I can take forever replying to both guys and girls...I don't really discriminate...
Reply 23
Original post by samina_ay
She ain't interested m8

Hey this wasn't referring to me just and observation of the social dynamics of boys and girls
I can take time responding, but only because id rather reply when I'm not busy or okay to talk. Or else it's just a dead conversation where I'll just be replying after ages each time.

I'm a guy though, I imagine it's the same for some girls who take ages replying too :lol:
Reply 25
Original post by fatima1998
i dunno how your thread title and the OP relates? :s-smilie:

What do you want a medal?
Original post by aamirac
I can take a while to respond because I forget. My memory is that bad :rofl:
(This is in general)

Same here :s-smilie: See the thing you can't win because if we reply to quickly, they'll complain that you reply too quickly and if you don't they'll bring out another assumption e.g. you're playing hard to get or playing 'some sort of game' (idk if this is with a lot of guys but its defo with the guys that I know).
When a girl takes too long to reply I delete them. Because I have the flexibility to do so :smile: Translation: I'm a girl pulling machine :smile:
Original post by imaninja
Same here :s-smilie: See the thing you can't win because if we reply to quickly, they'll complain that you reply too quickly and if you don't they'll bring out another assumption e.g. you're playing hard to get or playing 'some sort of game' (idk if this is with a lot of guys but its defo with the guys that I know).

If I'm busy or don't feel like talking, I just won't reply sometimes too.
I don't even think of it like that tbh.
-seeing it, being in the middle of something so they can't reply immediately and then forgetting they've even received a message (maybe this one is entirely just me)
-some sort of misguided mind game
-being busy and not having an oppurtunity to check their phone
-phone out of battery because they ****ed up

Original post by namo99
Dude girls have more value than guys.
Cuz a hot girl can get the majority of guys using her titts.
So they have like 20 boys texting her at the same time but she doesnt wanna seem like a slut and block all of them so a girl will have basically no time for evey one she texts. She will talk to you more if you have more social value than her like being an alpha male

wat
Original post by aamirac
If I'm busy or don't feel like talking, I just won't reply sometimes too.
I don't even think of it like that tbh.

Yeah. I'm always in a bad mood, so either don't reply and get accused of airing them or I just force myself to reply because I know I need company.
Original post by TheSmyths
What do you want a medal?

yes please! :colondollar: and gold medal PURE GOLD :u:
Reply 32
As a guy, I have some friends who keep texting me about sh** that's happening and im like dude cmon, I dont have time for this. I dont text them back cuz i aint no snitch
Reply 33
Though tbh if she doesn't text back in like 2 hours, she's probably not interest, [or dead], but if it's the former id just not hold my expectations too high, You too wouldn't have worked out anyway
Reply 34
Original post by fatima1998
yes please! :colondollar: and gold medal PURE GOLD :u:

God your so nice no wonder everyone loves you!
God your so nice no wonder everyone loves you!

nope
i am her enemy :colone:
@fatima1998
Reply 36
Original post by Retired_Messiah
-seeing it, being in the middle of something so they can't reply immediately and then forgetting they've even received a message (maybe this one is entirely just me)
-some sort of misguided mind game
-being busy and not having an oppurtunity to check their phone
-phone out of battery because they ****ed up

wat

or phone got confiscated
Lot of girls are on their phones 247. Why do people play texting games when talking to the opposite gender

Texting games? Its either interest or no interest or interest can develop. Simple as. With the first text/conversation you have to get her to enjoy talking to you. and you obviously have to be pretty attractive already. E.g. like me :smile: in steps:
1. Text her and make a good conversation. Put your personality through to her.
2. Wait a couple days. If she pops up good, go to step 3. If not.. skip to step 4
3. Have more fun conversations with her. Dont be a FRIEND. Make sure you make it clear you're not there to be her friend. This means inconspicuous yet conspicuous flirting. If shes extremely attractive go straight to flirting. Go to step 5
4. Move on. Doesn't matter how attractive she is, you hold all the cards. Talk to other girls. The more girls the better cuz more girls = more chance of success. For every attractive girl you fail with, theres about 10 more.
5. Don't just Text. Take her out. Meet up. Call her. Idk, your texting limits you. show her how fun you really are. A girl wants someone who gives her a thrill.

I know I put it harshly but tbh its the best way to get ladies via texting. Picking up girls isnt hard. Especially when you're a pro like me :smile: pro tips from a pro :smile:
Original post by bethanystephens
Woah, it was sarcasm, but if we want to take everything literally then okidoke. I will rephrase just for you.

"Sometimes, my boyfriend will send me a message on his break that could be of some importance. However, I'm usually too enthralled with someone making mac and cheese fit for a queen and so I fail to reply. Due to facebooks new feature that allows for auto play on videos, before I know it, an hour has passed and I now know how to make every cheese dish in the whole world, but my boyfriend has been and gone, so when I meet him later, he makes a joke that I was too busy to respond to him. We both laugh, go home, make cheese hash browns and rewatch the breakfast club for the 99th time."

Wait, how is it possible to be with a person without having sex, I mean what is a relationship without sex
Lot of girls are on their phones 247. Why do people play texting games when talking to the opposite gender

I would do it just incase they think I'm replying so quickly. Sometimes I think that, forget that they texted me and then it turns out I replied 3 hours later. :K: But if it's a friend I'm replying to I wouldn't care if I replied 30 seconds after.

Quick Reply

Latest