The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by kiransohail

Because Muslims follow Islam and for Muslims, Islam is life. So saying you hate Islam is just as if you said you hate Muslims.

It's not my problem that Muslims chose to follow Islam. I still have the right to criticise it. It's like politics, I can criticise Tories or Labour or SNP or UKIP or anyone. They like Islam are ideologies and I have the right to criticise them. You seem to think we live in North Korea
Reply 121
Original post by lolatmaths
None of this proves your point though...

Don't use "..." and not elaborate, tackle each point if you think so
Reply 122
Original post by Alexion
Any decent empathetic non-ignorant human being should be able to respect Islam. End of.

What does that mean? Islam like other religions is responsible and still is responsible for the deaths of many many people. Why can't we criticise fascist ideologies?
Original post by Omen96
What does that mean? Islam like other religions is responsible and still is responsible for the deaths of many many people. Why can't we criticise fascist ideologies?

**** off. Are you going to tell me that you now support BNP Party lol
Original post by phil5six
You are beginning to sound like a demonizing Hitler and an extremist which is not a very British attitude, Brits are known for their moderation, not extremism, we're middle of the road for everything. You cannot generalize the minds of millions of people.

You cannot generalize the minds of millions of people but apparently it's OK if it's the minds of 64 million British people.
Reply 125
Original post by student.feed
**** off. Are you going to tell me that you now support BNP Party lol

How is opposing Islam equate to supporting BNP? Clearly you didn't read my other posts. I hate Christianity and Judaism so I don't believe in this all white Christian movement bs. I am a strict atheist and I believe in a strict atheist movement made up of Europeans, Asians, Africans, Americans and so on to burn religion, to burn the places of worship and to burn the scripture, all to ashes.

BNP and Britain first are Christians and therefore my enemy as well. It's religions like Islam, Christianity and Judaism I want to see burn.

I don't associate with this white supremacist crap. I associate with people who share my political values and religious values. If you are a strict atheist with similar political views, I couldn't care less if you are white, brown, yellow or black, and will gladly accept you. Religion and the left I view as the enemy. And I know more white left wingers than any other ethnicity meaning I hate more white people as a result so your post has no validation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Omen96
How is opposing Islam equate to supporting BNP? Clearly you didn't read my other posts. I hate Christianity and Judaism so I don't believe in this all white Christian movement bs. I am a strict atheist and I believe in a strict atheist movement made up of Europeans, Asians, Africans, Americabs and so on to burn religion, to burn the places of worship and to burn the scripture, all to ashes.

I don't associate with this white supremacist crap. I associate with people who share my political values and religious values. If you are a strict atheist with similar political views, I couldn't care less if you are white, brown, yellow or black, or will gladly accept you. Religion and the left I view as the enemy. And I know more white left wingers than any other ethnicity meaning I hate more white people as a result so your post has no validation.

In all fairness, I respect your beliefs but why are you making a post lol How is this going to solve anything. In all fairness, you sound like a 5 year old child that can't get what it wants.
Original post by Omen96
Don't use "..." and not elaborate, tackle each point if you think so

You've pulled some random wiki pages. Ive read it and it doesnt support your claim that labour did it because 'they didnt want to offend'.
Reply 128
In all fairness, I respect your beliefs but why are you making a post lol How is this going to solve anything. In all fairness, you sound like a 5 year old child that can't get what it wants.

Have you read my original post? You are insulting me on the basis of my reply to your insult. My original post states that I won't focus on Christianity or Judaism because the left hate those anyway. I focused on Islam because the left support it, which I find peculiar, and so I want to know more.

My reply to you was what I would love but I know I would never get it, religion will last beyond my death so I'm not this child you want me to be. I'm attacking the left mostly on this thread but more people seem to be upset about me hating Islam. And I admit it, I hate religion, always have and always will.
Original post by Omen96
Have you read my original post? You are insulting me on the basis of my reply to your insult. My original post states that I won't focus on Christianity or Judaism because the left hate those anyway. I focused on Islam because the left support it, which I find peculiar, and so I want to know more.

My reply to you was what I would love but I know I would never get it, religion will last beyond my death so I'm not this child you want me to be. I'm attacking the left mostly on this thread but more people seem to be upset about me hating Islam. And I admit it, I hate religion, always have and always will.

OK, I already knew that but who really cares what you think? People accept you and your beliefs so why should Muslims be judged lol. What gives you the authority or whatever to hate religion. You carry on with your life and they carry on with theirs lol.
Reply 130
OK, I already knew that but who really cares what you think? People accept you and your beliefs so why should Muslims be judged lol. What gives you the authority or whatever to hate religion. You carry on with your life and they carry on with theirs lol.

You mentioned Muslims on what basis of my post? You can love Muslims by all means but I have every right to still hate Islam, to hate what I read in the Quran, Hadiths and other scripture. Islamic ideology is an idea and ideas are allowed to be hated, rejected, loved and supported so I see nothing wrong with hating this idea.

Could I not turn the tables on you? Why are you replying to this thread and giving it more views to make it stay up longer. The thread died out overnight and went off the popular list, and I left it. But I came on again in the afternoon to find discussion had continued and I had people reply to me, so I engaged in the debate.

I do not see the problem with this thread? By your logic there would be no discussion on political and religious relations which is dangerous, we need to discuss these things. Islam and left wing relations are very much real, even Muslims and left wingers on this thread have admitted it
Pick out individual quotes and give them to me. .

I did exactly that but you seem to have ignored it. I want to know what you think verses 5:29-40 mean, especially in the light of your statement that Islam is all about peace.. You surely don't need me give you the exact words as they are in any Koran, but here they are:

[5:29] I want you, not me, to bear my sin and your sin, then you end up with the dwellers of Hell. Such is the requital for the transgressors.

[5:30] His ego provoked him into killing his brother. He killed him, and ended up with the losers.

[5:31] God then sent a raven to scratch the soil, to teach him how to bury his brother's corpse. He said, "Woe to me; I failed to be as intelligent as this raven, and bury my brother's corpse." He became ridden with remorse.

[5:32] Because of this, we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. Our messengers went to them with clear proofs and revelations, but most of them, after all this, are still transgressing.

[5:33] The just retribution for those who fight God and His messenger, and commit horrendous crimes, is to be killed, or crucified, or to have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or to be banished from the land. This is to humiliate them in this life, then they suffer a far worse retribution in the hereafter.

[5:34] Exempted are those who repent before you overcome them. You should know that God is forgiver, most merciful.

[5:35] O you who believe, you shall reverence God and seek the ways and means to Him, and strive in His cause, that you may succeed.

[5:36] Certainly, those who disbelieved, if they possessed everything on earth, even twice as much, and offered it as ransom to spare them the retribution on the Day of Resurrection, it would not be accepted from them; they have incurred a painful retribution.

[5:37] They will want to exit Hell, but alas, they can never exit therefrom; their retribution is eternal.

[5:38] The thief, male or female, you shall mark their hands as a punishment for their crime, and to serve as an example from God. God is almighty, most wise.

[5:39] If one repents after committing this crime, and reforms, God redeems him. God is forgiver, most merciful.

[5:40] Do you not know that God possesses the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth? He punishes whomever He wills, and forgives whomever He wills. God is omnipotent.

It doesn't look very peaceful for disbelievers, does it?
Original post by Omen96
Wait we have actually gone in circles lol, at least I know you are a troll. You quoted me not long ago saying Christianity is barbaric and I want it to burn so you know my views on that, I didn't know you were trolling

I'm not a troll, but you are:

- registered less than a month ago
- 23 posts a day
- brexiter society
- constant anti EU thread spam
- constant anti islam spam

All of these things add up to you being a sock puppet of someone who has clearly been on the student room before, someone familiar with the political discussion that goes on here, I doubt some random dude off the internet just registered to post islam/EU hatred on a student forum. You've been here a while on a few accounts, i'd be surprised if this is your first.

So yeah, you're the troll who has nothing better to do than to spend his/her weekends spamming Islam hatred and troll-calling on a student forum

goodbye
Original post by Omen96
It's not my problem that Muslims chose to follow Islam. I still have the right to criticise it. It's like politics, I can criticise Tories or Labour or SNP or UKIP or anyone. They like Islam are ideologies and I have the right to criticise them. You seem to think we live in North Korea

Ha. Quite the opposite. I'm not going to deprive you of your freedom of speech, rather disagree with it. And as for the it's not my problem that Muslims chose to follow Islam, I literally mean that Muslims are followers of Islam. That's their name. No one is blaming you for what we chose. We don't regret our decision, so please stop making it out to be something we didn't choose.
Original post by Omen96
Where does respect come into it? I have the right (living in a secular democracy) to criticise ideologies. You people criticise right wing ideologies all the time so I have every right to criticise Islam. If you don't believe in the right to criticise ideologies go to North Korea, you will be right at home

Respect as in not insulting. Manners. I'm not saying you can't disagree or criticise. But you're criticising without even trying to understand. North Korea have nothing to do with this. It's a violent country that is better left isolated than provoked. And North Korea? Try again. I'm not KJE, nor do I agree with him. But you just going head first into arguments and the fact that you're so stubbornly not even trying to understand the other half is what I find unfair. And no, I don't criticise anybody. THAT'S what you don't understand. If people have opposing views, that's their choice. You people criticise right wing ideologies all the time so I have every right to criticise Islam. Wrong person.
Original post by alcibiade
The left wants to respect diversity. It sees the right make horrific and idiotic generalizations about Islam, which verge on racial slurs and ethnic hatred. Therefore, it is fashionable for them to defend Islam, which implies respect. That is very different than being pro-Islam because of characteristics that you admire and wish to emulate or impose.

Your litmus test - of pronouncing an entire religion "barbaric" - is ridiculous, parochial, and crude. I would never say an entire religion is "barbaric". It is some of the people who practice it that take barbaric actions due to their interpretations. It is completely the same with some Christians: look at those in the USA who kill doctors performing abortions because they think the doctors are murderers. I would never say all Christians are barbarians because of their actions.

I have worked in Islamic countries and I can say that there are as many decent, open-minded, and well meaning people in them as you would find in the West. This is an entire aspect of Islam that I admire, but with the exception of a few defenders, you don't hear about it anymore. Instead, you get dished up stories about terrorism and cruelty, which exist but only in a tiny minority.

Where does shutting down all criticism of people who want to eliminate LGBT people fit into this "respecting diversity"?
Original post by KimKallstrom
Where does shutting down all criticism of people who want to eliminate LGBT people fit into this "respecting diversity"?

In fact, I think you are correct. Political correctness is a problem on the left in many campuses, particularly in the US. When I was a student, you just argued, and it was really fun. Now, some on the left try to use administrative means to shut down opinions they don't like. It's a genuine problem.
It's called respect. Whether you disagree with the views of a group of people or not, it's just manners if you can't say anything nice, not to say anything at all.

This is retarded. Ideologies don't automatically have to be respected. In parts of Uganda, they hunt down albinos and chop their limbs off because their belief is that albino limbs give them more power and is a good medicine. According to your logic, we must respect their beliefs even though it's crap. It's nonsense to think that way. We don't have to respect ideologies just because.
Original post by lolatmaths
Islam as an ideology can be criticised but there isnt much point in doing so. A number of TSR users are dedicated to doing so, not realising that the point has already been established.

so to turn the tables, why is criticising Islam so necessary?

Isn't that fairly obvious? Who here wants to live under Muslim rule? I wager very few could honestly answer that with aye.

Do you know what the problem with Islam is? It's that whenever something happens it's just a minority. Or those doing it aren't true Muslims. Or a plethora of other excuses. No one ever says right that's enough we have to do something from the inside out.

Not to mention that the ideology itself is not compatible with western values, and thus it must be criticized.
Original post by brainhuman
Isn't that fairly obvious? Who here wants to live under Muslim rule? I wager very few could honestly answer that with aye.

Do you know what the problem with Islam is? It's that whenever something happens it's just a minority. Or those doing it aren't true Muslims. Or a plethora of other excuses. No one ever says right that's enough we have to do something from the inside out.

Not to mention that the ideology itself is not compatible with western values, and thus it must be criticized.

''Muslim rule'' move along now troll

Latest

Trending

Trending