The Student Room Group

Of Mice and Men

Can anybody tell me the importance of Candy letting Carlson kill his dog. Does it show anything about the two characters or foreshadow anything later on in the novella? I am really confused as to what this means and so any help will be much appreciated, thanks.
Reply 1
foreshadowing curleys wife and lennies death as it shows the theme of friendship comes to an end (relates to context etc migrant workers are alone)

Candys friend is his dog- dies
Curley and his wife-dies
georges only friend is lennie and he dies, obviously

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by GCSE2016Troop
Can anybody tell me the importance of Candy letting Carlson kill his dog. Does it show anything about the two characters or foreshadow anything later on in the novella? I am really confused as to what this means and so any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

This website explains it pretty well: https://missthedogatemyhomework.wordpress.com/2013/12/03/the-significance-of-candy-and-his-dog/

Just had a read, thank you it was very helpful.
Original post by ksj.11
foreshadowing curleys wife and lennies death as it shows the theme of friendship comes to an end (relates to context etc migrant workers are alone)

Candys friend is his dog- dies
Curley and his wife-dies
georges only friend is lennie and he dies, obviously

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much it's all came back to me now. I do remember learning this but it has been so long I had forgotton. Thanks for your help.
foreshadows Lennies death.
Reply 6
Original post by GCSE2016Troop
Thank you so much it's all came back to me now. I do remember learning this but it has been so long I had forgotton. Thanks for your help.

np

Quick Reply

Latest