The Student Room Group

Edexcel Business AS

Paper 1: Marketing and People
Paper 2: Managing business activities

How's everyone finding revision for these exams? As I'm having trouble.
Reply 1
Hey, yeah I'm having the same problem. It's quite a hard subject to revise for and pretty boring. I'm just going to learn the answer structures:smile:
Original post by Jamesk99
Hey, yeah I'm having the same problem. It's quite a hard subject to revise for and pretty boring. I'm just going to learn the answer structures:smile:

Hi there, how exactly are you learning the answer structures?
I'm asking because i find it particularly difficult to revise without lots of past papers available :/
i think its alright, ive done a lot of notes but the pastpaper thing is annoying!
Reply 4
Original post by Benja1998
Hi there, how exactly are you learning the answer structures?
I'm asking because i find it particularly difficult to revise without lots of past papers available :/

Hey, I too am doing this exam. At sixth form we've been taught:
- learn the definitions for the 2 marker questions.
- for the formulas, you have to learn those because its an easy 4 marks that could be lost. Generally the exam board is bound to ask a 'Calculate' 4 mark question.
- As for the 8, 10 and 20 mark questions, it's a matter of picking a point that may appeare in the extracts and developing it further linking in the concepts and knowledge in either theme 1 or 2 and explaining 'why'.
For the bigger marks you could structure uour answer using this guide:
•Context (pick a point from the extract)
•Concepts (explain the knowledge or topic that it links to)
•Condition ( 'if'....)
Conter act ( However...)
•Cause ( which will mean that....)
•Consequence ( As a consequence...)

Hope that's helpful
Original post by salehah1
Hey, I too am doing this exam. At sixth form we've been taught:
- learn the definitions for the 2 marker questions.
- for the formulas, you have to learn those because its an easy 4 marks that could be lost. Generally the exam board is bound to ask a 'Calculate' 4 mark question.
- As for the 8, 10 and 20 mark questions, it's a matter of picking a point that may appeare in the extracts and developing it further linking in the concepts and knowledge in either theme 1 or 2 and explaining 'why'.
For the bigger marks you could structure uour answer using this guide:
•Context (pick a point from the extract)
•Concepts (explain the knowledge or topic that it links to)
•Condition ( 'if'....)
Conter act ( However...)
•Cause ( which will mean that....)
•Consequence ( As a consequence...)

Hope that's helpful

Ah that's very helpful thank you! We haven't gone into much depth regarding answer structures, exam techniques and ordering. In fact we haven't gone into much depth regarding anything :P
Reply 6
Original post by Benja1998
Ah that's very helpful thank you! We haven't gone into much depth regarding answer structures, exam techniques and ordering. In fact we haven't gone into much depth regarding anything :P

No problem 😊. It's best if you look into it all seen as the theme 1 exam is a week away.
I'll be happy to help.

Good luck 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending