The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OddFuturez
what subjects does everyone do? I do bio, English lit, history and latin.

Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry :h:
Reply 81

Yikes, I do bio, psychology and maths
Thanks the more people who do maths Chem and bio give me more hope that it's possible to grasp biology!
I need more help grasping chemistry😫😂

Geography and German, sitting AS chem next year
Lol I bet we'll know the course inside out by the time of the exam but they'll throw in 25 marks worth of unit 1 scheiss and the rest of the marks on one topic alone :angry: I hate our government so so so much for this
Original post by ImagineCats
Lol I bet we'll know the course inside out by the time of the exam but they'll throw in 25 marks worth of unit 1 scheiss and the rest of the marks on one topic alone :angry: I hate our government so so so much for this

Oh i hope not...

And i agree! Why couldn't the government have just implemented the new A-levels all at one point, rather than doing it too early in a way which confuses absolutely everyone :/
Reply 87
Original post by plower
You guys know what kind of statistical calculations we need to know?? T-test? Chisquared, spearmans rho??

Simpson's Index (Biodiversity)
Standard deviation (Evolution)
T-test
and another one but you will be given the formula anyway
Anyone hoping to do sciences at uni so really petrified for this exam??? Genetics over here
Anyone hoping to do sciences at uni so really petrified for this exam??? Genetics over here

Medicine here, so i know what you mean, i feel like i can get As in my other exams, but biology, it could be an A? But it could also be a D just as easily...
Original post by Gogregg
Medicine here, so i know what you mean, i feel like i can get As in my other exams, but biology, it could be an A? But it could also be a D just as easily...

The real hard part is getting your leg over the E boundary- from then on its a matter of 4-6 marks to get the grade above! It's just so narrow to slip from an A to a D so easily :frown::frown: As long as I'm projected a A/B then all will be good!!!
The real hard part is getting your leg over the E boundary- from then on its a matter of 4-6 marks to get the grade above! It's just so narrow to slip from an A to a D so easily :frown::frown: As long as I'm projected a A/B then all will be good!!!

At this point, i feel i'd be pleased with a B...

And wow that sounds bad :lol:
A B is still a fantastic grade, but life would be ideal if I got an A :3
Anyone know where I can access all the specimen papers?
Reply 93
Original post by oni176
Simpson's Index (Biodiversity)
Standard deviation (Evolution)
T-test
and another one but you will be given the formula anyway

Oh thanks so much, I was thinking that might be too 😁
Average was an E for the specimen paper in my class, yet I go to a good school.
Reply 95
Original post by NeverGrowUp
Anyone know where I can access all the specimen papers?

You can access the new syllabus' sample papers in the Ocr website http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171694-unit-h020-01-breadth-in-biology-sample-assessment-materials.pdf And http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171735-unit-h020-02-depth-in-biology-sample-assessment-materials.pdf but for the past papers from last syllabus, you can find them pretty much anywhere, type in Google
Original post by plower
You can access the new syllabus' sample papers in the Ocr website http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171694-unit-h020-01-breadth-in-biology-sample-assessment-materials.pdf And http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171735-unit-h020-02-depth-in-biology-sample-assessment-materials.pdf but for the past papers from last syllabus, you can find them pretty much anywhere, type in Google

It only provides set 1 of the specimen papers. There's set 2 that's usually just available to teachers but my teacher won't send it to me ugh :angry: Thanks anyways though :smile:
Does anyone have the Practice Question Paper for Depth In Biology??! It's the one that you can only get from OCR Interchange
Reply 98
Original post by NeverGrowUp
It only provides set 1 of the specimen papers. There's set 2 that's usually just available to teachers but my teacher won't send it to me ugh :angry: Thanks anyways though :smile:

Actually you're meant to have both breadth and depth as your mock, teacher should have given both to you by now because it's important, I did awful... Eck
Original post by plower
Actually you're meant to have both breadth and depth as your mock, teacher should have given both to you by now because it's important, I did awful... Eck

Can you remember what was in the Depth one, I want to practice to see what topics might come up, but only have the Bredth one printed. Help!!! Or you could take photos of the paper if you still have it? Thanks xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending