The Student Room Group

Which A levels should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Haha same, biology exam papers are the worst :frown: I think I'll probably drop it at the end of this year

If I could I would, only reason i'm not is British Airways wants 3 -.-
Original post by monkcatcher
If I could I would, only reason i'm not is British Airways wants 3 -.-

I'm doing 4 this year so I can aha

British Airways sounds like an exciting career path!
I'm doing 4 this year so I can aha

British Airways sounds like an exciting career path!

Oh god you're lucky to drop it haha, yeah its a back up if the forces fail, how about you?
Original post by Mr Moon Man
Don't bother with sociology, it's a waste of time

That isn't good advice. For a 3rd or 4th subject its a good one to do as it is quite easy so you are likely to get a high grade. With 2 'harder' subjects its fine as most unis are only bothered about what the 2 'main' A levels are that correspond to the chosen degree subject. Sociology is an easy third A.

I wish I'd have done it instead of Chemistry or English Language.
Oh god you're lucky to drop it haha, yeah its a back up if the forces fail, how about you?

Wow man, that sounds exciting :O I'm going to uni, probably to do maths (was considering medicine, but I really don't want to do biology next year!!)
Original post by Strawberry68
That isn't good advice. For a 3rd or 4th subject its a good one to do as it is quite easy so you are likely to get a high grade. With 2 'harder' subjects its fine as most unis are only bothered about what the 2 'main' A levels are that correspond to the chosen degree subject. Sociology is an easy third A.

I wish I'd have done it instead of Chemistry or English Language.

It's okay for a 4th subject but not for a 3rd imo. It's too soft to be one of three
Wow man, that sounds exciting :O I'm going to uni, probably to do maths (was considering medicine, but I really don't want to do biology next year!!)

Yeah I was going to say :biggrin:
Medicine when you hate biology, wise choice? haha

Still though fair enough!
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah I was going to say :biggrin:
Medicine when you hate biology, wise choice? haha

Still though fair enough!

That's why I changed my mind about medicine haha
That's why I changed my mind about medicine haha

Oh well, what about after Uni? Maths teacher?
Oh well, what about after Uni? Maths teacher?

Mmm maybe, I think I'm going to look into the business/finance world though :smile:
Mmm maybe, I think I'm going to look into the business/finance world though :smile:

Ah okay cool!
Haha same, biology exam papers are the worst :frown: I think I'll probably drop it at the end of this year

I did enjoy it... did... Now after specimen papers and looking at the mark scheme i'm bricking it aha

I ship it already
Personally, I love History it is really useful as it has really good transferable skills like essay writing and source analysis. I think both the Tudors and the Cold War are interesting but it depends what sort of history you like. I like the combination of medieval history and then more modern history. I would definitely recommend History. Plus it is a really highly regarded A - Level. All I can say is that I take English Lit and Lang AQA and despise it as it is so boring I can't wait to drop it.
Original post by _aishahxo_
Thank you everyone for your advice! I will probably end up changing my A level choices to History, English literature & Psychology.

I am doing history psychology English literature and maths. but I'm probably swapping literature with English language:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest