The Student Room Group

Slimming world - help!

Hi all
I am on slimming world and lost 1 stone 2.5 lbs in 6 weeks - not bad going!

However, I've just had my birthday and over indulged a bit too much... Gone way over syns and feel like I've blown it this week for weigh in on Wednesday!!

Has anyone ever done this and still lost or even maintained? Any advice for what I can do between now and Wednesday? :frown: feel pretty in motivated!

Help!? X
Its simply claories in and caloriues out for weight loss. How much extra did you eat? its 3500 calories for 1lb of genuine weight loss, so soemthing like 15 mars bars, 2 pizzas, 2.5 big mac meals. Weight loss inst linear so it might have minimal effect, it also depends how overweight you are.

Dont demonise food. You ahve a right to enjoy yourself on your birthday, so dont sweat it. Try and get back to controlling calories again after, but beating yourself up is utterly pointless. In most of thes situations people grossly exaggerate and think the sky will fall in. It will not it will just take you a few days extra to get to target.
Original post by 999tigger
Its simply claories in and caloriues out for weight loss. How much extra did you eat? its 3500 calories for 1lb of genuine weight loss, so soemthing like 15 mars bars, 2 pizzas, 2.5 big mac meals. Weight loss inst linear so it might have minimal effect, it also depends how overweight you are.

Dont demonise food. You ahve a right to enjoy yourself on your birthday, so dont sweat it. Try and get back to controlling calories again after, but beating yourself up is utterly pointless. In most of thes situations people grossly exaggerate and think the sky will fall in. It will not it will just take you a few days extra to get to target.

Thanks for your reply and reassurance!

Well.. It was a trip to smoke bbq so a tonne of meat and chips, vodka and cocktails.. Big breakfast but main syns being black pudding, sausages, granary bread and sugar for tea... Ice cream at sea side, doughnuts and cake!

I will have to just draw a line under it and get back on plan as soon as I can. Just want to be able to lose each week but that's impossible. Everyone surely has their bad weeks?
Original post by Studentlass

Well.. It was a trip to smoke bbq so a tonne of meat and chips, vodka and cocktails.. Big breakfast but main syns being black pudding, sausages, granary bread and sugar for tea... Ice cream at sea side, doughnuts and cake!

I will have to just draw a line under it and get back on plan as soon as I can. Just want to be able to lose each week but that's impossible. Everyone surely has their bad weeks?

Ofc they do. Its unlikely you ate more than 3500 calories.

Dont have unrealistic expectations. the less you have to lose the harder it becomes. You should plot your weight and its the trend you wnat to be downwards over time i.e month to month. A degree of your initial weight loss will be water weight and its common to have good progress in earlt weeks.

Imo join MFP and you can record and log food there plus get support. You will also gain basic knowledge about dieting. there are people who are on or have done slimming world as well, but most control their own diet.

This is exactly what you should do :smile: everybody is human and nobody can stick to their diet permanently (no matter how many syns they give themselves!). The important thing is to jump straight back onto the diet and carry on as before - anything else will only make it worse!

p.s. good job on the fat loss
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Implication
This is exactly what you should do :smile: everybody is human and nobody can stick to their diet permanently (no matter how many syns they give themselves!). The important thing is to jump straight back onto the diet and carry on as before - anything else will only make it worse!

p.s. good job on the fat loss

You're right and that's what I have done!! Had three good days and tomorrow will be good too so fingers crossed!! :biggrin: thanks for your support :smile:
Original post by 999tigger
Ofc they do. Its unlikely you ate more than 3500 calories.

Dont have unrealistic expectations. the less you have to lose the harder it becomes. You should plot your weight and its the trend you wnat to be downwards over time i.e month to month. A degree of your initial weight loss will be water weight and its common to have good progress in earlt weeks.

Imo join MFP and you can record and log food there plus get support. You will also gain basic knowledge about dieting. there are people who are on or have done slimming world as well, but most control their own diet.

That's very reassuring. Thank you for your reply and advice! We are only human and can't survive on salad forever! Let's hope I've done well! X
Reply 7
Hi all
I am on slimming world and lost 1 stone 2.5 lbs in 6 weeks - not bad going!

However, I've just had my birthday and over indulged a bit too much... Gone way over syns and feel like I've blown it this week for weigh in on Wednesday!!

Has anyone ever done this and still lost or even maintained? Any advice for what I can do between now and Wednesday? :frown: feel pretty in motivated!

Help!? X

I've joined Slimming World and I've done it before, it's a great healthy living programme! Have you got Instagram? They have a great support community there for weight loss.

Quick Reply

Latest