The Student Room Group

Its bad to say "khan is first Muslim Mayor" because.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
He says he is Muslim, so we must assume that he is Muslim. Otherwise, it would mean that ISIS supporters are not Muslim as well.

My guess is that he has left the religion but doesn't say it for electoral purpose. It's however impossible to know that.

There are plenty of self described Christians where it is basically a glorified coffee morning meat up every Sunday.
Original post by FredOrJohn
He was "ex-communicated" by various mosques for voting in favour of "same sex marriage"....

Unfortunately, "ex-communcation" works in a slightly different way than in Catholicism. Random Imams from Bradford, albeit being a very pious Muslims I'm sure, are not 'qualified' to make baseless takfirs :tongue:

Even Isoccers on this forum have hurled all sorts of labels at him, including "munafiq" (hypocrite), but that does not make him a 'Murtad' (an apostate).

Original post by FredOrJohn
Obama is definitely black but Khan is not definitely a muslim. Ambiguous at best.

He is mixed raced :tongue:

Overall, minor details aside, I do agree with you. This is nothing but pointless identity politics, and yes this type of politics is disgusting.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by asmuse123
Even though only a minority of European Americans voted for Obama while a majority of Black and Asian Americans voted for Obama.

That's unfounded rubbish.
Original post by oShahpo
That's unfounded rubbish.

http://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-
voted-2012/

93% African Americans voted Obama
73% Asian Americans voted Obama
39% European Americans voted Obama
If Hillary Clinton becomes the next US president, will some people say something like " Wow! Hillary is now the first white female president of United States of America!" ?

Anything about feminism or racism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a waste of energy this entire thread is...
Reply 26
Original post by fatima1998
who is KHAN :s-smilie:

You don't watch the news?
Original post by Josb
You don't watch the news?

noooo :noway: have no time :colondollar:
Reply 28

You should. :spank:

He is just the new mayor of London. He is also the son of a Pakistani immigrant. I think your parents may have mentioned that fact.

Not even enough time for a quick google search? :lol:
Personally I don't find it that noteworthy. There have only ever been 2 other London mayors before him. It's a relatively new position. He's the first Muslim mayor out......3. Big deal.
Original post by Josb
You should. :spank:

He is just the new mayor of London. He is also the son of a Pakistani immigrant. I think your parents may have mentioned that fact.

do not even think of hitting me :noway: nope... my parents haven't mentioned or even if they have, i am usually in my room upstairs so have no idea :colondollar:
Original post by Eternalflames
Not even enough time for a quick google search? :lol:

my google is TSR :biggrin:
Zac Goldsmith's reaction was:

Spoiler

Reply 34
do not even think of hitting me :noway: nope... my parents haven't mentioned or even if they have, i am usually in my room upstairs so have no idea :colondollar:

Read this: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-2016-36232392
my google is TSR :biggrin:

That is sort of true, I hear most news from TSR :rofl:

ohh yeah, i have seen him on bbc :yep: i was waiting to watch the weather forecast and before that he popped on the screen :top:
but i still have to read to see whats the story behind him :colonhash:
That is sort of true, I hear most news from TSR :rofl:

i hear all the stories from TSR... even from random places like daily mail :biggrin: i dont need google :top:

I would TSR ship you two but there are religious differences :lol:
Reply 39
I would TSR ship you two but there are religious differences :lol:

Not that much. She will leave Islam soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending