The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Biology Unit 3 9th May 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Loody Nagy
Why does it seem like no one over here is giving the Edexcel Biology AS Unit 3 on the 9th of May?? I need someone to discuss with! I can see you, stop hiding. Let's ace this **** together!

Unit 3?
Reply 81
yeessss
Original post by Ali 1265
hello guys when are you doing ur unit 3 bio tomorrow ??

12pm from oman
Original post by pondsteps
ok thanks... btw have u solved 2015 june. i have a q on the implication part.. in the enviromental implication i wrote plastics are nonbiodegrable so they cause land fill as one of the implications whyis that wrong?? i got it from p6

You usually have to state implications from scientific report.
Otherwise that is a valid implication.
Original post by Hiyoriiki
You usually have to state implications from scientific report.
Otherwise that is a valid implication.

yeah thats written in the report... plastic is mentioned
Reply 85
Hi. I was wondering which experiments we need to cover for the exam. I've studied totipotency and plant tissue cultures, strength of plant fibres and effect of garlic and mint on bacterial growth. Do we also need things like effect of temperature on membrane permeability, investigating factors affecting initial rate of reaction, effect of caffeine on Daphnia heart rate and effect of storage temperature on the vitamin C content of fruits? I thought they were part of Unit 1 and so haven't touched them. My exam's in 7 hours and I'm freaking out. Somebody please help.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 86
Hi. I was wondering which experiments we need to cover for the exam. I've studied totipotency and plant tissue cultures, strength of plant fibres and effect of garlic and mint on bacterial growth. Do we also need things like effect of temperature on membrane permeability, investigating factors affecting initial rate of reaction, effect of caffeine on Daphnia heart rate and effect of storage temperature on the vitamin C content of fruits? I thought they were part of Unit 1 and so haven't touched them. My exam's in 7 hours and I'm freaking out. Somebody please help.
Yea u need them all!
Reply 88
How do i understand which data of a graph should be in which axis?i become really confused everytime thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Hey there!
My exam is in just a few hourss!
I wanted to ask how to calculate the percentage mean?
Please give me an example as well..
Reply 90
Use this formula (max mean-minimum mean÷original mean)×100 the ans you get will be the percentage but in this case you should need to know the original mean which will be given in the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by Loody Nagy
Hey there!
My exam is in just a few hourss!
I wanted to ask how to calculate the percentage mean?
Please give me an example as well..

Use this formula (max mean-minimum mean÷original mean)×100 the ans you get will be the percentage but in this case you should need to know the original mean which will be given in the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
My exam's at 1pm and I'm freaking out😩 I have a feeling the experiment will either be Daphnia, vitamin C, mitosis or totipotency
How do we calculate the magnification? Also, how do we know whether the Bibliography is reliable or not?
Original post by Komol
How do i understand which data of a graph should be in which axis?i become really confused everytime thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

The independant variable is always in the x-axis and the dependant is always in the y axis. For eg in the vitamin C experiment the volume of juice needed to decolourise DCPIP depends on the temperature. therefore temperature becomes the independant variable and the volume of juice required to decolourise DCPIP becomes the dependant variable (as it is dependant on the temperature). hope this helps!
Reply 95
Hello guys when are ur exam and ur time zone
Reply 96
That helped a lot thanx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by Nethmioysters
The independant variable is always in the x-axis and the dependant is always in the y axis. For eg in the vitamin C experiment the volume of juice needed to decolourise DCPIP depends on the temperature. therefore temperature becomes the independant variable and the volume of juice required to decolourise DCPIP becomes the dependant variable (as it is dependant on the temperature). hope this helps!

That helped a lot thanx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ali 1265
Hello guys when are ur exam and ur time zone

My exam's at 1pm, I'm GMT+2
Original post by Adorable98
How do I choose the values for the Y-axis [The number of tests]??

i also answerd this ms was not much of help is it a bar graph or line graph

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending