The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Uwe accommodation - help

Hey guys,

I've applied late to UWE but recieved an unconditional offer so had a few questions on accommodation

I an doing psychology course so my campus is Frenchay. I liked the look and idea of student village however looking online I saw people saying it is really isolated and socially dead.

So I thought city centre in marketgate..
Here are my questions.
Does marketgate only have people doing the artsy/creative type subjects as their campus is near or do u get frenchay based people too?
How convenient is the travel from marketgate to frenchay (on a daily basis)?
Does marketgate have a student union of its own and how Is the freshers events compared to SV?
Ik there are many threads on this topic however I found them to be old and outdated

Thankyou, looking forward to uwe
Original post by Deeeev
Hey guys,

I've applied late to UWE but recieved an unconditional offer so had a few questions on accommodation

I an doing psychology course so my campus is Frenchay. I liked the look and idea of student village however looking online I saw people saying it is really isolated and socially dead.

So I thought city centre in marketgate..
Here are my questions.
Does marketgate only have people doing the artsy/creative type subjects as their campus is near or do u get frenchay based people too?
How convenient is the travel from marketgate to frenchay (on a daily basis)?
Does marketgate have a student union of its own and how Is the freshers events compared to SV?
Ik there are many threads on this topic however I found them to be old and outdated

Thankyou, looking forward to uwe

Hi,

We can answer a few of the questions for you.

-Marketgate has a mixture of students who study at Bower Ashton(Creative arts etc..) and Frenchay based students
-There are regular buses from Marketgate to Frenchay Campus which is around a 25 minute journey(dependent on traffic, obviously)
-Marketgate doesn't have it's own dedicated SU building but you will have the advantage of being based in the centre of town and therefore in close proximity to any student events happening there.

I hope this helps
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi,

-Marketgate has a mixture of students who study at Bower Ashton(Creative arts etc..) and Frenchay based students
-There are regular buses from Marketgate to Frenchay Campus which is around a 25 minute journey(dependent on traffic, obviously)
-Marketgate doesn't have it's own dedicated SU building but you will have the advantage of being based in the centre of town and therefore in close proximity to any student events happening there.

I hope this helps

thank you it did help ^^
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi,

I hope this helps

Hey! I've applied to UWE through UCAS extra and was just wondering on how accomodation was allocated. If luck serves me well and I get an offer (I already have the required grades), would it be too late for me to get a place at Marketgate?
Original post by Wild Nothing
Hey! I've applied to UWE through UCAS extra and was just wondering on how accomodation was allocated. If luck serves me well and I get an offer (I already have the required grades), would it be too late for me to get a place at Marketgate?

Hi, please see our reply in the other thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4069877

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending