The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Feeling very fragile this evening, don't even know why.

Anyone around?
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you Airmed :redface:
can i pm? :redface: x

Go ahead :hugs:
haven't been around in a while as everything has been so crappy... Had 2 appointments with 16-19 services now but can't bring myself to talk about the really bad stuff that I actually need help with feel so pathetic....
Had confirmed that I do have dissociative disorder and started working on grounding techniques but right now I'm sat trying to write a Spanish essay and I keep really badly dissociating.
I take a break, ground myself and get back in the right place but as soon as I sit down at my desk it gets really really bad... anyone any ideas what to do?!! I've tried just working through it and it's like I can't physically function
Have my French oral exam with an external examiner this week and so so petrified of this happening during it as I tend to defend into a panic attack when it gets bad and it's going to mess up my grade....
Sorry for the rant just not in a good place rn.....
Hope everyone is ok x
Been awake since 4am. Ugh.

Sorry, but I think I'm going to need to take a break from here for a few days. Sadness comes in waves and last night I was hearing knocking sounds, which isn't a good sign. So please, no whatsapp messages or PMs, no offence, I just have to look after myself.

:hugs: to all. I'll post in a few days when I am hopefully feeling better.
Original post by Airmed

As have I. :frown:

Sorry, but I think I'm going to need to take a break from here for a few days. Sadness comes in waves and last night I was hearing knocking sounds, which isn't a good sign. So please, no whatsapp messages or PMs, no offence, I just have to look after myself.

Take care x
Original post by Tiger Rag
As have I. :frown:

I hate it. I just want a decent night of sleep for once. :frown:

Take care x

Thank you. Hope you're doing ok. :hugs:
Been prescribed sertraline. Dr thought it best to concentrate on mild antidepressant before considering something like propranolol for physical anxiety.

The side effects look...worrisome. I'll get the drug later this week when I've more money.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Been prescribed sertaline. Dr thought it best to concentrate on mild antidepressant before considering something like propranolol for physical anxiety.

The side effects look...worrisome. I'll get the drug later this week when I've more money.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Some people here have had a great reaction to sertraline. I didn't though. :frown: But all antidepressants have side effects so it's really just a case of finding the right one for you. Hope it works out. :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
Some people here have had a great reaction to sertraline. I didn't though. :frown: But all antidepressants have side effects so it's really just a case of finding the right one for you. Hope it works out. :hugs:

Let's hope my reaction is good considering exams are next month :tongue:. But I'm sorry you haven't. Well the SSRI is about my anxiety, the fact it's an anti-dep is coincidental. So I'm hoping I can be less choosy as it's less about mood? Thanks :smile:.
I almost didn't go to the appointment because I'm in a good mood this morning and thought "mind over matter. you don't need no medication Keron". But I made myself go and I'm glad I did because when he asked me questions about my experience in the last 2 weeks, I realised I probably do need the help.

He said that I probably won't get relief in the first couple weeks and may even have digestive issues as well as an increase in anxiety :/ (I also read insomnia and other things) but said afterwards I should feel more positive. He also said I have to take it for 6 months.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Let's hope my reaction is good considering exams are next month :tongue:. But I'm sorry you haven't. Well the SSRI is about my anxiety, the fact it's an anti-dep is coincidental. So I'm hoping I can be less choosy as it's less about mood? Thanks :smile:.
I almost didn't go to the appointment because I'm in a good mood this morning and thought "mind over matter. you don't need no medication Keron". But I made myself go and I'm glad I did because when he asked me questions about my experience in the last 2 weeks, I realised I probably do need the help.

He said that I probably won't get relief in the first couple weeks and may even have digestive issues as well as an increase in anxiety :/ (I also read insomnia and other things) but said afterwards I should feel more positive. He also said I have to take it for 6 months.

Yeah, meds and exams are not good. I did my A2 exams on them and it was horrible. I have had a few med tries now and it does not seem to agree with me.

In the first few weeks it is nearly always worse. I lost weight amd had insomnia while I was on sertraline myself. If there is no positive impact after around 4 weeks, I would discuss it with your GP
Original post by Airmed

:hugs: I hope you feel better soon, Airmed.
Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs: I hope you feel better soon, Airmed.

Thanks. :hugs: Hope you're ok.
I just saw m y mentor, she says she's concerned and wants to do a risk assessment, but I basically refused.

Not sure what I'm doing.
Original post by Pathway
I just saw m y mentor, she says she's concerned and wants to do a risk assessment, but I basically refused.

Not sure what I'm doing.

Can I ask why you refused? You don't have to answer if you don't want to :no:

:hugs:
Original post by moment of truth
Can I ask why you refused? You don't have to answer if you don't want to :no:

:hugs:

Just don't want them to waste their time I guess. Not sure. Don't see what the point in the risk assessment is??

Hope you're OK? :hugs:

---

@ people who have quoted/tagged/mentioned me recently: sorry I've not gotten back to you, just finding things difficult. Also tend to forget to reply because of dissociation and stuff. Thanks for all the well wishes. Hope you're all doing well.
Original post by Pathway
Just don't want them to waste their time I guess. Not sure. Don't see what the point in the risk assessment is??

Hope you're OK? :hugs:

---

@ people who have quoted/tagged/mentioned me recently: sorry I've not gotten back to you, just finding things difficult. Also tend to forget to reply because of dissociation and stuff. Thanks for all the well wishes. Hope you're all doing well.

Ah okay. I am sure it isn't a waste of time and your mentor is obviously worried about you, but you know what they are like and whether it is likely to help you or not! Whether you go for it or not, I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Yeah, I'm doing decently. Just want these exams to go and then I have such a long summer, I am kind of dreading it. I also feel like I am waiting for myself to feel rubbish again (as strange as it is), cause that is what I am used to, but just gonna take it as it comes and try and enjoy feeling good!
Ah okay. I am sure it isn't a waste of time and your mentor is obviously worried about you, but you know what they are like and whether it is likely to help you or not! Whether you go for it or not, I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Yeah, I'm doing decently. Just want these exams to go and then I have such a long summer, I am kind of dreading it. I also feel like I am waiting for myself to feel rubbish again (as strange as it is), cause that is what I am used to, but just gonna take it as it comes and try and enjoy feeling good!

Yeah, true. I think she's getting tired of me, she keeps saying I need to take responsibility for myself instead of blaming other people, which I am trying to take control of stuff, just feel out of control of everything, Also worried because...

Spoiler

:hugs: Glad things are OK. Got anything planned for the summer? How many exams do you have left?
Original post by Pathway
Yeah, true. I think she's getting tired of me, she keeps saying I need to take responsibility for myself instead of blaming other people, which I am trying to take control of stuff, just feel out of control of everything, Also worried because...

Spoiler

:hugs: Glad things are OK. Got anything planned for the summer? How many exams do you have left?

I also have problems with taking such responsibility and it is difficult, so at least you are trying to and it's not your fault that you are struggling a lot at the moment! I hope she doesn't make it seem like that, because it's definitely not true! :no:

Have 2 exams, one this week and then one the week after. Am going on holiday at the end of may, but nothing else planned. Will need to stay busy, otherwise things will just go downhill. What about you? :smile:
I also have problems with taking such responsibility and it is difficult, so at least you are trying to and it's not your fault that you are struggling a lot at the moment! I hope she doesn't make it seem like that, because it's definitely not true! :no:

Have 2 exams, one this week and then one the week after. Am going on holiday at the end of may, but nothing else planned. Will need to stay busy, otherwise things will just go downhill. What about you? :smile:

I don't think I have problems with taking responsibility ordinarily (e.g. I know my ED is my problem, but I do need help with recovery so I'm upset that CMHT cba to work with me), just things are out of control right now. And tbh...I think I should be able to blame my abusers for things because they're literally the reason I have PTSD??? Like why shouldn't I be angry about how they've ruined my life, haha. :dontknow:

Not too bad. Good luck with them. I've got two exams too, I dunno when, should probably look that up or something. Should probably do some work too. Where are you going? I'm going on holiday too. Brother's wedding. :sigh: Idk what I'm doing everything seems inherently pointless right now.
Anybody here had any experience with IAPT? I have my first appointment on Friday and I don't know what to expect. Also, I only sent the paperwork back last week and I already have an appointment? I was expecting to wait months.

Latest