The Student Room Group

AS exams :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by govtandpolitics
Yep, got mocks at end of June and th
ere's no way I'm going to be able to revise and remember a years worth of history!
They are ok, but can find them both boring at times :/

June?????? Are you actually serious? Your school is dumb af, you can't have mocks at the end of June?
Original post by Defraction
Edexcel- Philosophy and Ethics(90 marks) and Philosophy of Religion(50 marks- about religious experiences).

I'm retaking one of my AQA RS exams alongside doing my A2 work. I beg you, if you pass do not think at the start of the year that you'll have the will power to resit an exam. I'm literally writing this on my break from revising A2 because I have no clue what I'm doing and only have a week till my resit for AS and still don't know any of the clobber.
so yay
Original post by katieMCR
I'm retaking one of my AQA RS exams alongside doing my A2 work. I beg you, if you pass do not think at the start of the year that you'll have the will power to resit an exam. I'm literally writing this on my break from revising A2 because I have no clue what I'm doing and only have a week till my resit for AS and still don't know any of the clobber.
so yay

That's so sad- I hope you do well! Good luck!!
Ooh they are hard Alevels! So why didn't you take English???

Oh you'll laugh at this one
Apparently I was already so good in english, my teachers thought it was better I went to a-levels and 'developed' my mind in other subjects. So here I am, developing my mind....
June?????? Are you actually serious? Your school is dumb af, you can't have mocks at the end of June?

Yepppp, that's why I'm dying inside :biggrin:

When are your mocks?
Original post by zainabhebs
Oh you'll laugh at this one
Apparently I was already so good in english, my teachers thought it was better I went to a-levels and 'developed' my mind in other subjects. So here I am, developing my mind....

That's stupid! :biggrin: you are meant to do a levels you enjoy and are good at!
Yepppp, that's why I'm dying inside :biggrin:

When are your mocks?

I already had my mocks- 2 sets of them(one I had like a week before half term and the other like in March)
I already had my mocks- 2 sets of them(one I had like a week before half term and the other like in March)

Were they the mock grades that go to UCAS and Uni's?
That's stupid! :biggrin: you are meant to do a levels you enjoy and are good at!

Yeah, say that to all the adults in my life ;p
But well, I'm here already. i'm freaking out for maths (this subject is my absolute worst)
Original post by zainabhebs
Yeah, say that to all the adults in my life ;p
But well, I'm here already. i'm freaking out for maths (this subject is my absolute worst)

You shouldn't have listened to them! Are you good at maths?
Were they the mock grades that go to UCAS and Uni's?

Nooo... My school said nothing about our mocks going towards UCAS and Unis. The first mock was to show my teachers how I was(all my subjects) and the 2nd mock was for people who got 2 grades below their target grade(I had to do a mock for Media and RS not because I did bad but because my class is small so my teachers forced everyone in the class, even if you got an A, to do another mock).
You shouldn't have listened to them! Are you good at maths?

With loadsssss of practiceeeee and a wholeeeee lot of hours dedicated to it, I am. Downside to it is that I'm so getting wrinkles at an earlier age :tongue:
Nooo... My school said nothing about our mocks going towards UCAS and Unis. The first mock was to show my teachers how I was(all my subjects) and the 2nd mock was for people who got 2 grades below their target grade(I had to do a mock for Media and RS not because I did bad but because my class is small so my teachers forced everyone in the class, even if you got an A, to do another mock).

Ahh right, so the mocks you did, did go towards UCAS? Or are you doing others that are the ones that go towards UCAS?
Ahh right, so the mocks you did, did go towards UCAS? Or are you doing others that are the ones that go towards UCAS?

They didn't go towards UCAS at all, even it did, my school would've told me and everyone else in my year. We did the mock to show our teachers how we were doing
They didn't go towards UCAS at all, even it did, my school would've told me and everyone else in my year. We did the mock to show our teachers how we were doing

So are you not going to have to do other mocks?
Original post by Davide_online
It's normal to react to exam stress by worrying, but worrying doesn't help.

Here's my advice- I like lists (:

1. You can't control the outcome of the exams or whether you will be admitted to the sixth form. You can control what you do now and during the exams to give yourself the best possible chance of getting the grades and getting into sixth-form.

2. Forget the past- whether you worked well enough on your studies- and make a realistic timetable for your revision in the time left.

3. Do your best to stick to the timetable each day, ticking off revision periods one by one, and coming on to this forum for help on particular items.

4. Discipline yourself not to think ahead and allow your mind to dwell on maybes and doom and gloom.

I promise you -I've been there, done it and got the wardrobe of t-shirts- in a year or 5 you will look back on this period of your life and wonder why you took it SO seriously.

Best of luck (:

Thank you! They are really good tips! I'm just going to try and discipline myself loads to revise and whatever happens at least I know I tried 😁 Although disciplining my self is much harder in reality
So are you not going to have to do other mocks?

Naa, considering I have my study leave this Friday, nope.

I hope you do well in your exams, btw!
Naa, considering I have my study leave this Friday, nope.

I hope you do well in your exams, btw!

You have study leave?! That's well unfair! I don't have any study leave for my AS exams or mocks!

Thank you! You too! I'm sure you will do great :biggrin:
You have study leave?! That's well unfair! I don't have any study leave for my AS exams or mocks!

Thank you! You too! I'm sure you will do great :biggrin:

Let's hope everyone here gets great grades!! I'll pray for you today:smile:
Let's hope everyone here gets great grades!! I'll pray for you today:smile:

Thanks :smile: I hope we both find the govt+politics exam ok!

Quick Reply

Latest