The Student Room Group

Sadiq Khan: There are too many "white men" on Transport for London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3
Welcome to the New London Order. Positive Discrimination 2.0 (not very positive if you happen to be a white male) :erm:

Seriously, **** this ****. I do not, and will never, recognise him as mayor

No offense, but nobody cares. The 1.3 million people, who voted for him do not care that 'foo.mp3' would not recognize him as Mayor.

It is the same as the millions of people, who voted in David Cameron as PM do not care that other people would not recognize him as PM. Khan is Mayor of London.
Original post by Foo.mp3
That goes without saying - muppets completely unprepared to heed the warnings of those more erudite/conscientious than themselves :rolleyes:
I don't recall Cameron making such TFL comments, or having connections to radical Islam, or referring to 'moderate Muslims' as 'Uncle Toms' :dontknow:

Indeed so, but I don't recognise his office or authority. I will never subordinate myself to any Muslim, and especially not a clown like this. Not a sheep

Nobody still cares. That is the key, here. We see people shout and complain with their whole being, but, when you look closer, you realize that nobody actually cares.

Whether you recognize his office or authority does not matter. It will not add any value to his office. The fact is that he is the Mayor of London and its leader.
Yeah, we're ****ed. Been that way for a while now. This was just the denouement to what's been a prelude of degradation.
Original post by tengentoppa
God-forbid people be appointed to the board on merit, rather than pigmentation or genitalia.

Original post by BrightonDunkley
Diversity for the sake of diversity infuriates me. People should be appointed based solely on whether they are best for the position and should have nothing to do with their race, genitalia, religion or sexual orientation!

don't you think the lack of diversity on the board could indicate that the current process for appointment isn't based solely on merit?
Original post by Implication
don't you think the lack of diversity on the board could indicate that the current process for appointment isn't based solely on merit?

No, I have no evidence of that. I only have the fact that there is 16 members and they are all white it doesn't say anything about how they were picked, what the selection process was or what they have done in the job.

Even if it were done on colour of skin which is completely ridiculous it would be 2 none white board members out of 16 for it to be representative of the U.K. Population as only 12% of people aren't white

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
I dare say they will care, in time, as per the above forecast

Hyperbolism doesn't lend any gravity to your comments, my fresh friend

This is true, not least because I spent very little of my time in London these days, and would not incite others to anarchy

Fo' reals? :shock:

Let us wait and see whether the people will care 'in time', my unfresh friend.

Good luck.

No I don't. There are clear anti-discrimination laws in place, and I don't think those in charge of recruitment are racist, nor do I have any reason to believe they are.
No I don't. There are clear anti-discrimination laws in place, and I don't think those in charge of recruitment are racist, nor do I have any reason to believe they are.

There are clear anti-Semitic laws in place and I don't think those in Government are necessarily bigots, but you do find some people show anti-Semitic views. I think if one looks closer, one may find that the recruitment may not have been that clear-cut. The whole reason people are having this conversation is because Sadiq Khan brought it up.
Original post by MrSplash
. All these people moaning are white.

And you know this how, exactly?
I fail to see how an individual's race contributes to his or her ability to perform a task. If they're doing a good job running an organisation, bringing their race into question is creating a problem in a situation where there wasn't one to begin with.
Original post by paul514
No, I have no evidence of that. I only have the fact that there is 16 members and they are all white it doesn't say anything about how they were picked, what the selection process was or what they have done in the job.

Even if it were done on colour of skin which is completely ridiculous it would be 2 none white board members out of 16 for it to be representative of the U.K. Population as only 12% of people aren't white

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps you're right - in the case of race, at least. I'm 100% anti-quota, but I think the lack of women is something to flag given that they make up approximately 50% of the population. That's a larger issuer than the board of TfL though, so perhaps not suitable for this thread.
Original post by Oblivion99
not a stereotype love, but factual and true :smile:. painting yourselves as victims once again, well done :smile:

Blatently is a stereotype so thank you for your worthless contribution.

And if we're talking about people victimising themselves, we can immediately look at Khan anyway. First day of being mayor and in an interview he spoke at length about how prominent Islamophobia is in the UK despite just having won the election!

Completely boll*cks.
Original post by raspberr1es
Blatently is a stereotype so thank you for your worthless contribution.

And if we're talking about people victimising themselves, we can immediately look at Khan anyway. First day of being mayor and in an interview he spoke at length about how prominent Islamophobia is in the UK despite just having won the election!

Completely boll*cks.

prejudice towards muslims (or those who 'look like muslims' to bigots) is a thing though, right? i don't have any stats but surely you aren't claiming it doesn't exist at all?
THANK GOD I DON'T LIVE IN ****ING LONDON

This man is on about the appearance of a board for ****ing transport
prejudice towards muslims (or those who 'look like muslims' to bigots) is a thing though, right? i don't have any stats but surely you aren't claiming it doesn't exist at all?

Not saying it isn't a thing because it is, I just think it is overexaggerated. For the majority of UK people, myself included, the value of someone is assessed on what their character and ethics are like, rather than their ethnicity or religion. Only the select few think otherwise.
God-forbid people be appointed to the board on merit, rather than pigmentation or genitalia.

Exactly like:
"the transport system isn't working because there's not enough brown men on it. I'm here to step in and save the day for the city that picked me simply because I'm brown and Muslim"

Tha hell?

Original post by BrightonDunkley
Diversity for the sake of diversity infuriates me. People should be appointed based solely on whether they are best for the position and should have nothing to do with their race, genitalia, religion or sexual orientation!

I agree but in reality it sounds a bit unrealistic and utopic mate because you'll always get complaints so the gov't seeks to appease
but for something like THIS

In London check the crime rate
the dropout rate I'm sure is exponential
the teen mum rate
the drugs
the education standard and equality

He needs to fix that not ****ing transport board members

Lol I'm so annoyed haha
Original post by foo.mp3
welcome to the new london order. positive discrimination 2.0 (not very positive if you happen to be a white male) :erm:

seriously, **** this ****. i do not, and will never, recognise him as mayor

looooooooool
Original post by raspberr1es
Not saying it isn't a thing because it is, I just think it is overexaggerated. For the majority of UK people, myself included, the value of someone is assessed on what their character and ethics are like, rather than their ethnicity or religion. Only the select few think otherwise.

as much as I agree that most people are not Islamophobes, the cynic in me cannot believe this :tongue:
It's no surprise, really. If you worked on the tube, spending 50 or so hours a week underground, you'd be white too. Not much chance of getting a tan is there?
:biggrin:
You don't even need an akbar for this—it's just regular Labour ********…

Quick Reply

Latest