The Student Room Group

Pregnant Woman Shot 15 Times by Israeli Forces

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wildleaves
That is very disturbing. I'll have to do more research in my spare time.

Aww thank you!! I appreciate you admitting that it is disturbing and not finding an excuse for it.
Original post by ShiningNights
The family said Maram was five months pregnant at the time of her death as Palestinian authorities confirmed the two were on their way to a medical appointment in Jerusalem after obtaining an Israeli permit to do so.

She had an Israeli permit. Which means she wasn't lying, as the hospital in Jerusalem was expecting her.

Yes I know

But I am asking how did those who shot her know she was pregnant

It's just people keep saying they shot a 'pregnant woman' and even 'heavily pregnant'

Rather then they simply shot 'a women'.

it's just the fact she was pregnant has no bearing on why she was shot but it keeps getting highlighted

But oddly the thing people don't want to talk about is they went armed (you forget she wasn't alone) to a checkpoint.

But then this doesn't fit the narrative of 'them Jews even kill innocent pregnant mothers'.
I feel sorry for the baby here, the brother too if he didn't know what his sister was planning.

She knew that approaching IDF/Police with a knife was only ever going to end with her getting killed, along with whoever else she was with.

I wonder if she thought she'd be able to stab someone first?
Original post by BaconandSauce
Yes I know

But I am asking how did those who shot her know she was pregnant

It's just people keep saying they shot a 'pregnant woman' and even 'heavily pregnant'

Rather then they simply shot 'a women'.

it's just the fact she was pregnant has no bearing on why she was shot but it keeps getting highlighted

But oddly the thing people don't want to talk about is they went armed (you forget she wasn't alone) to a checkpoint.

But then this doesn't fit the narrative of 'them Jews even kill innocent pregnant mothers'.

Why do you believe that she was holding a knife when there wasn't proof.
I though you believed in proof. Where's the proof that she was actually holding a knife.

Do you really think a woman is so stupid that she'll bring a knife to a checkpoint while walking with her brother. Do you actually believe that she will put her baby and her brother in danger. And even if she did have a knife, do you actually think that she will take it out and flop it around, so the soldiers can see her.
Original post by TelAviv
I feel sorry for the baby here, the brother too if he didn't know what his sister was planning.

She knew that approaching IDF/Police with a knife was only ever going to end with her getting killed, along with whoever else she was with.

I wonder if she thought she'd be able to stab someone first?

The soldiers planted the knife on her after shooting her. She didn't have a knife.
Original post by Legendary Quest
And yet, the witnesses stated otherwise.

Even if they *thought* she had a knife:

There is a possibility that is a lie.
Original post by Impressive
Now when you done your research. Tell me why it's not included in OP's link.

Ops! I'm not this thread starter.
She had an Israeli permit.

She had not.
The soldiers planted the knife on her after shooting her. She didn't have a knife.

You're basing this statement on the testimonial of a Palestinian witness. These do not necessarily constitute fact.
Why do you believe that she was holding a knife when there wasn't proof.
I though you believed in proof. Where's the proof that she was actually holding a knife.

Do you really think a woman is so stupid that she'll bring a knife to a checkpoint while walking with her brother. Do you actually believe that she will put her baby and her brother in danger. And even if she did have a knife, do you actually think that she will take it out and flop it around, so the soldiers can see her.

All credible news sources report they were armed.

Stupid no. Desperate and taught to hate yes.
Original post by BaconandSauce
All credible news sources report they were armed.

Stupid no. Desperate and taught to hate yes.

Absolutely. Hating 'Jews' is fashionable, especially in Muslim majority areas.

Well maybe the Israeli force needs some proper training, on how to shoot people.

I think they are adequate enough at shooting people already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aceadria
You're basing this statement on the testimonial of a Palestinian witness. These do not necessarily constitute fact.

You're basing your statement on the Israeli witness.

I don't hate Jews, and a lot of Muslims I know don't either.
You're basing your statement on the Israeli witness.

I did not state my view as fact; you did.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't hate Jews, and a lot of Muslims I know don't either.

But that does not mean that Muslims like them:

Pew Research
Anti-Jewish sentiment is endemic in the Muslim world. In Lebanon, all Muslims and 99% of Christians say they have a very unfavorable view of Jews. Similarly, 99% of Jordanians have a very unfavorable view of Jews. Large majorities of Moroccans, Indonesians, Pakistanis and six-in-ten Turks also view Jews unfavorably.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2005/07/14/islamic-extremism-common-concern-for-muslim-and-western-publics/

Again, your opinion does not necessarily constitute fact.
Reply 95

I'm a Muslim and I don't hate Jews. Please, don't make assumptions like that.
And it's not fashionable, it's disgusting.
Reply 96
But that does not mean that Muslims like them

Again, your opinion does not necessarily constitute fact.

In Lebanon, all Muslims and 99% of Christians

You could say the same about Christians then.
Opinions are what make facts, where do you think these statistics came from? From the opinions of people.
Original post by Mona-S
In Lebanon, all Muslims and 99% of Christians

You could say the same about Christians then.

We are not discussing Christians here.

Original post by Mona-S
Opinions are what make facts, where do you think these statistics came from? From the opinions of people.

One opinion does not constitute fact; a majority does. The above poll showed that all viewed Jews unfavourably.
Original post by Mona-S
I'm a Muslim and I don't hate Jews. Please, don't make assumptions like that.
And it's not fashionable, it's disgusting.

You're in the minority.
You're in the minority.

Hating Jews is not a Muslim issue. It is an Regional issue. Anti Semitism is pretty common in the Arab World. Christian Arabs from Lebanon, Syria, Egypt etc. have as shown as much anti semitism as Arab Muslims.
You will see that Anti semitism in countries like Indonesia, Malaysia or African Muslim countries is not as common

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending