The Student Room Group

Is Cameron a secret Brexiter?

It seems day by day Cameron is getting more and more desperate coming out with more and more outlandish claims, today: Brexit will lead to genocide and WWIII, I don't think Merkel will be saying "Now Britain is gone, ve shall march into Poland". What next, a plague of locusts?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3580060/Now-Cameron-warns-Brexit-lead-war-genocide-PM-s-extraordinary-intervention-leads-campaigners-accuse-Downing-Street-desperation.html
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I believe his next statement will be that of a promise of famine and draught, along with all our water turning to blood...?
Its not that wild a claim when you look at who is advocating Brexit- most of which are actively funded and supported by Putin.

E.G : Golden Dawn, National Front, Britain First/BNP, This crazy Polish MEP* etc etc.

This isnt to say that all eurosceptics are crazy nationalists, but it certainly seems to help.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janusz_Korwin-Mikke
He's Ted Cruz in disguise
Reply 4
Original post by Davij038
Its not that wild a claim when you look at who is advocating Brexit- most of which are actively funded and supported by Putin.

E.G : Golden Dawn, National Front, Britain First/BNP, This crazy Polish MEP* etc etc.

This isnt to say that all eurosceptics are crazy nationalists, but it certainly seems to help.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janusz_Korwin-Mikke

Can we also have the list of people that said that Britain would be ravaged by the apocalypse after leaving the ERM and not joining the Euro who are doing the same again so we can argue that the remainers are just crackpot theorists? It isn't to say all Europhiles are crazy, but it certainly seems to help.
Brexit leads to war, what on earth....
Original post by Jammy Duel
Can we also have the list of people that said that Britain would be ravaged by the apocalypse after leaving the ERM and not joining the Euro who are doing the same again so we can argue that the remainers are just crackpot theorists? It isn't to say all Europhiles are crazy, but it certainly seems to help.

Shifting the goal posts just a little bit there...

Besides- big difference between pulling out of the EU and not joining the euro.
Reply 7
Shifting the goal posts just a little bit there...

Besides- big difference between pulling out of the EU and not joining the euro.

Which is why the arguments being made are almost identical, well, apart from them as far as I know not claiming that not joining the Euro would have WWIII
Original post by Supersaps
Brexit leads to war, what on earth....

Brexit would damage the EU, potentially fatally, which would be an economic catastrophe causing a depression and the rise of populist parties-some of which such as National Front with Overt nationlaist tendencies. That might do it.
Which is why the arguments being made are almost identical, well, apart from them as far as I know not claiming that not joining the Euro would have WWIII

No, this is different and far more substantial. Like I said- big difference between joining the Euro and pulling out of the EU. Just like there's a big difference between a free trade deal and full access to the Single Market.
Not as ridiculous as it sounds, with Russian aggression in the East failing to be punished by our cowardly establishment, the rise of far right groups and economic difficulties a return to the nation state will see a lot of useless quarrels over territory (as Russia in Sevastopol)

I'm more concerned about the UN, Nato and Eu doing absolutely nothing to curb Russian excesses.

Some precedent we've set there... Invade whoever you want we won't do anything.
I don't think Merkel will be saying "Now Britain is gone, ve shall march into Poland".

That cracked me up :biggrin:

I didn't think leaving the EU would impact treaties and military action o.O Why would there be a WW3 if one country leaves the EU? It's obvious these are just desperate claims to encourage people who don't know much about the situation to vote to stay. I can imagine all these clueless people going "Genocides and WWIII, we don't want that. Better vote to remain in the EU then!" without them knowing the facts.
Original post by Armastan
That cracked me up :biggrin:

I didn't think leaving the EU would impact treaties and military action o.O Why would there be a WW3 if one country leaves the EU? It's obvious these are just desperate claims to encourage people who don't know much about the situation to vote to stay. I can imagine all these clueless people going "Genocides and WWIII, we don't want that. Better vote to remain in the EU then!" without them knowing the facts.

I think it'll be the opposite, like the £9.3m spend and Obama's visit in that it just annoys people and reeks of desperation, pushing people away.
I think it'll be the opposite, like the £9.3m spend and Obama's visit in that it just annoys people and reeks of desperation, pushing people away.

I hope so!
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob

I'm more concerned about the UN, Nato and Eu doing absolutely nothing to curb Russian excesses.

Not particularly fair- the EU has imposed sanctions which have had some impact and NATO has increased its presence dramatically. Ukraine has now turned into a proxy cold war.

You're just jealous because Remain have Obama and Out have Trump! :tongue:
Not particularly fair- the EU has imposed sanctions which have had some impact and NATO has increased its presence dramatically. Ukraine has now turned into a proxy cold war.

What meaningful to the conflict impact has it had?

Yet Russia still holds Sevastopol

We put sanctions on Italy in 1935 for invading Ethiopia. Look how that one turned out.

Sanctions make things even worse.
He is a secret Illuminati?!
You're just jealous because Remain have Obama and Out have Trump! :tongue:

Totally jel that we don't have somebody that talks the talk but failed to walk the walk.

Quick Reply