The Student Room Group

NHS Scientist Training Programme 2016 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reserve for gastro, gutted is an understatement :frown:
Is anyone else an In Service applicant? I applied for Medical Physics in service, and still waiting to hear on an offer. I was hoping I'd find out sooner as I'm not in competition with anyone for a place, but apparently I'm having to wait as long as everyone else! This wait is killing me!!!
Reply 1522
Original post by pianofluteftw
Northern training consortium (so North East - Newcastle/Durham/Darlington) - I'm at Durham Uni and love the area so it was perfect for me, but also I guessed it probably wasn't going to be the most popular location anyway which made it seem like a sensible option too!

I though mine went well, although during it I was convinced I had completely failed. I then talked to people afterwards and decided I'd done ok, and then in retrospect decided I'd done well. I could answer all the questions and was confident I think - best of luck!

(Also if it helps I'm vaguely convinced I got a terrible mark on the online maths test, so don't worry too much if you're convinced a certain part went wrong - you may have done better than you thought!)

Ahh fantastic! That was pretty high on my list actually! You must be thrilled!
I ranked all of the Med Phys locations so im hoping something will come back to me. I wonder if everyone took the same approach as me- rank them all, or were they more selective? All i can really do is wait and see!
Audiology reserve - gutted, but looks like I'll be applying again next year.
Original post by jamiehuggett
Is anyone else an In Service applicant? I applied for Medical Physics in service, and still waiting to hear on an offer. I was hoping I'd find out sooner as I'm not in competition with anyone for a place, but apparently I'm having to wait as long as everyone else! This wait is killing me!!!

Not me, but one of my team is in-service applicant. I'm monitoring this for her and I'm finding it pretty stressful!
Original post by MickeyMoo
Not me, but one of my team is in-service applicant. I'm monitoring this for her and I'm finding it pretty stressful!

It's even making me feel a bit ill, with the dread that I didn't do well enough. I just want to find out one way or another, so that I can get on with my life!
Neurophysiology reserve 😕😕 really disappointed
Original post by Bio94
Congrats!! I've been offered Bioinformatics (Genomics) in Oxford. Can i ask what was your first choice?

Thanks! Congrats to you too :smile: my first choice was North Bristol
Original post by Ehter
Got an offer for clinical engineering, not happy though!

Congratulations! Why are you not happy though? I got reserve for clinical engineering :frown:
Hey! I'll be doing reproductive in Wales! So excited!!!!
Original post by ellie_203
Has anyone heard for cardiac?

Still waiting :frown:
Original post by welly909
Still waiting :frown:

Same here its torture!
Reply 1532
Original post by Bex0295
Thanks! Congrats to you too :smile: my first choice was North Bristol

Thanks :smile: my first choice was London hoping for an upgrade from Oxford (second choice)
Waiting on genomic counselling, i can't stop refreshing the page! I apologise if i crash oriel :P
Anyone know roughly how long the reserve lists are?
Original post by ykatie93
Same here its torture!

I had so much to do at work today and I've done pretty much none of it! I can't take another day of this! (and work might start to realise i've not been working!! :tongue:)
Reply 1536
Original post by Limoncello36
Hey! I'll be doing reproductive in Wales! So excited!!!!

Hey, I've got the other place in Wales! I'll private message you!
Original post by c.eemia
Anyone know roughly how long the reserve lists are?

Hey, as long as the offers list!!!
Reply 1538
Anyone know when in september the courses started last year?
Original post by Joshb1
Anyone know when in september the courses started last year?

It depends on your trust, but you're generally expected to be available to start from the 1st September :-)

Quick Reply

Latest